IGNORED

Forward shaft lean on impact is created by good lag not impact bags

bendport
Note: This thread is 3739 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

A good forward shaft lean on impact is a bi product of getting some other key things in place in the swing. Using an impact bag can give you a stationary feeling of impact but if you don't have these other important aspects happening in your swing you will never get into the correct impact position.  It's my belief that getting a good forward shaft lean on impact is created by 3 things....

1) Maintaining a tilt of the spine to the right at the top of the back swing (Face on View)

If your spine tilts to the left at the top of the swing you will lose your body shape and you will have to cast the club from the top to widen the downswing arc to stop you from topping the ball

2) A good lag on the downswing. Once you've got the correct body shape at the top a good lag on the way down will help you to get the forward shaft lean on impact.

3) Maintain your posture angles through impact If you straighten your spine angle (Down the line view) you will lose your lag and flip the club on impact as you will have to extend your right elbow and wrist too early to avoid topping the ball.

Any thoughts or comments?

I like the title of the thread, and it totally makes sense.. I have tried using something similar to an impact bag, and then basically tried to recreate that position at impact, but it's nearly impossible to work backwords.. so, if you don't have the correct angles to begin with I doubt you will ever hit that position at and right after impact.  Thanks!

• Upvote 1

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3739 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!