IGNORED

Golf Channel

oiler69
Note: This thread is 3350 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I stronly dislike Ryan Burr and Todd Lewis. Something about both those guys just makes me want to break my tv.

Other than them, I'm fine with most of the other people. I do like Nobilo, Faldo and don't mind Chamblee nearly as much as most people.

Is Win McMurray done? Her Twitter page still shows GC stuff but she hasn't been on in months. Don't think she's been mentioned any time I've watched. Though can't say I've watched much lately. It's either another airing of GGEP or the talk shows, which have really gotten bad. Even the Live At stuff this year seemed repetitive and usually I am glued to GC during the week of a major.

Dave :-)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

They keep playing the footage over and over. Something that should be put to video archive at this point. It makes it feel like there is nothing else they can run...

It's only 3 days post Masters.  I don't imagine they're going to be done talking about the Masters champ for awhile yet.....

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

It's only 3 days post Masters.  I don't imagine they're going to be done talking about the Masters champ for awhile yet.....

Yeah, it's sort of like watching one of the 24 hour "news networks". Stands to reason there is going to be a whole lot of redundancy if you watch it all day every day.

They probably get a lot better ratings talking about the Masters stuff over and over again than they do for some of their "normal" programming.

I didn't see anything about the Masters this AM in the 10-15 minutes I watched. Everything was about The Players, the new playoff format etc. They even had Damon sitting on #17 interviewing people.

Dave :-)

Maybe it is just having to hear the fake surprise act of Kelly Tighlman too many times. Maybe it's just me. I need a break possibly...

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

• 3 weeks later...

They must have spiked the coffee on the morning drive today... or they are still drunk from last night...

• 2 months later...
A few years ago, I played in a scramble where Paige McKenzie was waiting on the 10th tee and would hit a drive for every group as they made the turn. We could play it if it was the best drive. She smoked one for our group, but the vangator flew it by her. :) She autographed my balls. BTW, she seemed cuter then. Maybe it was the beer.

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

Abu3baid,

Can you explain the 3baid?  I assume that's your son, but it's kind of cryptic.  How long were you in the Kingdom?  Did you ever get a chance to play at Rolling Hills (Aramco golf course).  I'm 4 years into it so far. It's such a great course, but difficult (73.5/137 from the blues).

Occam's razor

Abu3baid,

Can you explain the 3baid?  I assume that's your son, but it's kind of cryptic.  How long were you in the Kingdom?  Did you ever get a chance to play at Rolling Hills (Aramco golf course).  I'm 4 years into it so far. It's such a great course, but difficult (73.5/137 from the blues).

Hey Craig.. nice to know other expats in KSA.. OT stuff below, I'll send you a pm.

Well, I could have used Abu Obaid (his name is Obaid), but the letter in Arabic is actually non existent in English even though the closest letter to it is O.. so people will usually use 3 to denote that letter in the English language (i.e.  ع )  - long story short it is pronounced Abu Obaid :)
I've been here for almost 2.5 years in Riyadh.. I have been to Dammam once, but I don't think they let anyone who is not part of Aramco or knows someone (maybe) on the golf course as far as I know, so I haven't been able to play it.
I have played the 3 courses in Riyadh
Arizona Golf Resort (9 hole executive course)
Dirab Country Club (very difficult)
Riyadh Greens (not too bad, open without many woods)
p.s. you have more experience and time spent in the middle east than my self :) ..  I'll send you a pm, it's nice to know other people from the States in KSA.

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Pics or it didn't happen! ;-)

Get yer butt up and watch the morning drive! You teachers and your lazy summer.

Get yer butt up and watch the morning drive! You teachers and your lazy summer.

Uhh, I'm not a teacher. I work year around, haha

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Uhh, I'm not a teacher. I work year around, haha

Sweet! Round is on you!

Note: This thread is 3350 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!