IGNORED

My Swing (Anpe)

Anpe
Note: This thread is 3315 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

To my eye this swing should work,it's pretty good.What happens when you hit a ball?

Thanks.

I usually hit the ball to where I want to but, when I fail to move my weight forward I hit it "to high" and loose that "penetrating" ball flight that I strive towards. This usually happens

when I "Fail to take the time to prepare" and rush through the pree-shot routines.

At the indoor range earlier today,

20' hybrid

91mph,

clubpath 1.1' in out

attac angle 9.9' down

tempo 3.2

over-swinging that's obvious, some  swaying going on to, hitting the ball solid though.

casting the right arm too, standing to far from the ball.

I believe that I need to slow down  a bit, I cast the right arm less when and i seem to be able to control the ball flight better.

At the indoor range earlier today,

20' hybrid

91mph,

clubpath 1.1' in out

attac angle 9.9' down

tempo 3.2

over-swinging that's obvious, some  swaying going on to, hitting the ball solid though.

casting the right arm too, standing to far from the ball.

I believe that I need to slow down  a bit, I cast the right arm less when and i seem to be able to control the ball flight better.

Yep, you are over swinging at bit and it is causing you to shift your upper center towards the target. Try to feel more of a 3/4 swing, and not as much lift with the hands. For your head moving tad towards the target you do keep it steady really well in the downswing, good job there.

I would also try to get that arch out of your lower back. Check out the posture thread in the "Swing Thoughts" section. You could get a little more steeper with the shoulder and hip turn. Try to keep that left arm connected to the chest more in the backswing. This will help get you less flat at the top and help clear up that overswing a bit because your linking your swing more to your rotation than your hand movement.

Yea you are casting a bit. When the shaft is parallel to the ground, the hands should be near the center of your stance. A good drill would be to make VERY slow downswings, and maintain that angle in the wrist longer, driving those hands forward more. When you do this drill, make sure you are doing the proper weight shift. Helps get the hands forward as well.

Oh for a hybrid that ball is a bit too far back in your stance, probably about 1-1.5 more ball widths forward. You might be compensating for that in your downswing by casting.

Weight on the front foot looks good. Not having any problems with early extension.

Really you need to work on key 3, getting that left wrist flat at impact.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yep, you are over swinging at bit and it is causing you to shift your upper center towards the target. Try to feel more of a 3/4 swing, and not as much lift with the hands. For your head moving tad towards the target you do keep it steady really well in the downswing, good job there.

I would also try to get that arch out of your lower back. Check out the posture thread in the "Swing Thoughts" section. You could get a little more steeper with the shoulder and hip turn. Try to keep that left arm connected to the chest more in the backswing. This will help get you less flat at the top and help clear up that overswing a bit because your linking your swing more to your rotation than your hand movement.

Yea you are casting a bit. When the shaft is parallel to the ground, the hands should be near the center of your stance. A good drill would be to make VERY slow downswings, and maintain that angle in the wrist longer, driving those hands forward more. When you do this drill, make sure you are doing the proper weight shift. Helps get the hands forward as well.

Oh for a hybrid that ball is a bit too far back in your stance, probably about 1-1.5 more ball widths forward. You might be compensating for that in your downswing by casting.

Weight on the front foot looks good. Not having any problems with early extension.

Really you need to work on key 3, getting that left wrist flat at impact.

That is good feedback! I'll try it out as soon as I get back to the range.

That is good feedback! I'll try it out as soon as I get back to the range.

Remember to temper your expectations. Changing something in a golf swing takes time and methodical practice. So, don't be alarmed if some swings don't work out. Working in a slow methodical fashion will expedite your learning of the new movement.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Remember to temper your expectations. Changing something in a golf swing takes time and methodical practice. So, don't be alarmed if some swings don't work out. Working in a slow methodical fashion will expedite your learning of the new movement.

Yes absolutely, I'm aware of that. My swing was far worse last season and I still got down from hcp 27 to 9. I figured that I needed to do something about it, and I've spent a lot of time working on it step by step. :) It's a great forum this and I really appreciate all the feedback.

BTW this is what i looks like with the swingbyte device, a different club though six iron.

https://rest.swingbyte.com/s/xZM2SubGREWd6_T4ueslPw

This is from my at home session this morning (hence the morning hair)

Less over swing, better posture, better hip rotation, better "forward push".

I'm using a 7 iron shaft with three golfballs at the end. Hopefully I'll be able to go to the range later.

Nice job with the pivot on the backswing and downswing. Hips are centered, weight is more forward, more "pressure" into that left foot.

Think the next piece is how the arms work. Elbows separate too much, right elbow slides behind the shirt seam and shaft gets very close to you right shoulder, things get too narrow.

Note the distance between the elbows, elbows are closer together on the right, Zach Johnson.

As the elbows keep spreading apart, shaft to right shoulder angle narrows.

Better angle to really see it on the right. You right hand would be much closer to the right shoulder. The move for you from this narrow position is to "throw" the clubhead out, just a natural compensation to make. You're not going to go "narrow to narrow", might miss the ball lol

Great video for you to watch

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Nice job with the pivot on the backswing and downswing. Hips are centered, weight is more forward, more "pressure" into that left foot.

Think the next piece is how the arms work. Elbows separate too much, right elbow slides behind the shirt seam and shaft gets very close to you right shoulder, things get too narrow.

Note the distance between the elbows, elbows are closer together on the right, Zach Johnson.

As the elbows keep spreading apart, shaft to right shoulder angle narrows.

Better angle to really see it on the right. You right hand would be much closer to the right shoulder. The move for you from this narrow position is to "throw" the clubhead out, just a natural compensation to make. You're not going to go "narrow to narrow", might miss the ball lol

Great video for you to watch

Is this more in the manner that you are suggesting?  This will take some getting use to, I can see, looking at the pros, that it's the way all the good ones does it but it feels a bit strange to me.

However I understand the benefits, doing it this way will make it easier to stay on the right path so to say.

My over-swinging is another issue though, I'll try to do 3/4 swings and see where that takes me, any thoughts on that?

Thanks a million for all the good feedback!

Any chance you can film some swings where you hit a ball? Just filming these "relaxed" swings with a training aid isn't going to give people a clear picture of what is going on.

Is this more in the manner that you are suggesting?  This will take some getting use to, I can see, looking at the pros, that it's the way all the good ones does it but it feels a bit strange to me.

Kind of, elbow is sliding back less but the shaft is still very narrow. Do it slower and make it change.

My over-swinging is another issue though, I'll try to do 3/4 swings and see where that takes me, any thoughts on that?

You're not really over swinging, your left arm isn't traveling a greater distance back than the pros in the examples I used. You're just allowing the wrist angles to basically collapse at the top of the backswing. It's like you're barely holding on to the club.

Mike McLoughlin

Any chance you can film some swings where you hit a ball? Just filming these "relaxed" swings with a training aid isn't going to give people a clear picture of what is going on.

Kind of, elbow is sliding back less but the shaft is still very narrow. Do it slower and make it change.

You're not really over swinging, your left arm isn't traveling a greater distance back than the pros in the examples I used. You're just allowing the wrist angles to basically collapse at the top of the backswing. It's like you're barely holding on to the club.

Yeah sure, I'm flying out to South Africa next week, I'll film my swing on the range down there, the weather isn't really permitting that here at the moment.

I'll work on the "elbow thing", do it slower and I'll try not to collapse my vrists at the top. :)

Until I get the chans to hit balls outdoors.

I believe that this is what I need to do, create width, if I understod the Zach Johnson images correctly?

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah can't let those hips slide back. Your feet are turned out, but a good video for you to watch nonetheless.

Also check out this thread

So You Joined TST and Posted a Member Swing Thread…

Mike McLoughlin

Yeah can't let those hips slide back. Your feet are turned out, but a good video for you to watch nonetheless.

Also check out this thread

So You Joined TST and Posted a Member Swing Thread…

I still need to work on my wrist at the top of the swing, as you wrote earlier it is as they collapse, and that causes me to loose some with at the top.

I also need to work on keeping the wrist cocked longer to create more lag, I still hit it fairly long though, the "ave" for an eight iron is 155 meters but non the less it needs addressing.

You should check that thread out-37 Posts and almost all here? Otherwise just PayPal Mike and call it a day.[quote name="mvmac" url="/t/72140/my-swing-anpe/36#post_963174"] [COLOR=181818]Also check out this thread[/COLOR] [COLOR=181818] [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/t/73197/so-you-joined-tst-and-posted-a-member-swing-thread]So You Joined TST and Posted a Member Swing Thread…[/URL] [/COLOR] [/quote] Good luck on your swing- @mvmac is telling you the rgiht stuff.

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

Note: This thread is 3315 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!