IGNORED

Head movement Up

Note: This thread is 3737 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have a problem moving my head up on the downswing. I dont move my hips forward i just move my head up and get a little taller I have alot of hip turn through the ball and if i really concentrate on holding my head down i hit well behind the ball this problem really hurts my driver. I have solid iron contact but my misses are fat and slight block to the right does anyone have any tips or drills for this problem

At address keep ur hands well forward, left hand lined up the the middle of left leg, Vs pointing towards right shoulder, now this is the position u want to get back to at impact, as u turn the hips down into ball make sure u feel that uv kept the flex in the the left knee, it should not be straightening until after impact. Watch Elkington on u tube hands well ahead a address, ur problem is the shaft is vertical at impact it should in fact be leaned forward 2 inches this will force u to stay down on it, if u lift up Ul miss the the ball

I have a problem moving my head up on the downswing. I dont move my hips forward i just move my head up and get a little taller

I have alot of hip turn through the ball and if i really concentrate on holding my head down i hit well behind the ball

this problem really hurts my driver. I have solid iron contact but my misses are fat and slight block to the right

does anyone have any tips or drills for this problem

Post a video of your swing in the "My Swing" section on the forum. There could be a number of things causing this. All we can give you now is blind tips and hope something works.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Post a video of your swing in the "My Swing" section on the forum. There could be a number of things causing this. All we can give you now is blind tips and hope something works.

Saevel's bang on here. You may have a different fault that's the priority which may, in turn, fix the head movement as a byproduct.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Saevel's bang on here. You may have a different fault that's the priority which may, in turn, fix the head movement as a byproduct.

I guess I could do a little work for the guy. Its a Friday, its bleeping cold. @Ernest Jones 's Polar Vortex from Canada is kicking my ass, and I got nothing better to do then take a shot in the dark on this one.

So to @Bwood6017

Check out this thread, Look for drills for key 1 (steady head). There are some good introductory information there as well as drills.

http://thesandtrap.com/t/61376/5sk-video-thread

Just because I think the OP might be suffering from bad posture. Lower the head a bit, and hunch the upper back, don't arch the lower back. Usually up an down head movement is caused by poor posture, but it could be caused by a poor backswing as well. So, that is why I say post a video of the golf swing.

http://thesandtrap.com/t/56069/good-golf-posture

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

It's cold here too so I'll throw in my guess.

Swinging directly at the ball from the top of the back swing and his left arm and the shaft are in a straight line (from a DTL view) at impact. He has no choice but to raise up to keep from hitting the ground behind the ball because the angle between the left arm and the shaft at address is gone. The longer the club the more he has to raise the shoulders (and the head goes up with them).

If he dropped into the slot (or lower plane) the club could swing into the ball from a more shallow angle and at impact the shaft would come closer to returning to the angle it had at address, the left arm could be closer to vertical, and the angle between the shaft and the left forearm would remain enough intact to not have to raise up.

P.S. These vortexes Ernest is sending down here are killing my golf game.

Note: This thread is 3737 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!