IGNORED

Why do you play Mizuno?

Note: This thread is 3633 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have irons and wedges...

Reasons?  Looks, feel, and sound.  performance

nothing more than those four things

Currently the irons are MP53s (I'm REALLY liking the MP-64s when I demo them too)

Bill - 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Well the 825 driver is the straightest i've ever hit. Not the longest but i don't care about 15 yards when i'm playing my next shot from the fairway. I had great numbers on trackman high launch low spin.

Dirver: Mizuno JPX 825 9,5 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 65 g.
3 wood: Mizuno JPX 825 14 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 75 g.
Hybrid: Mizuno JPX 825 18 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 85 g. 
Irons: Mizuno MP 59 3 / PW KBS Tour stiff shaft ( Golf Pride Niion )
Wedges: Taylormade ATV Wedges 52 and 58 ( Golf Pride Niion )
putter: Taylormade ghost series 770 35 inch ( Super Stroke slim 3.0 )
Balls: Taylormade TP 5

Nice! Worth giving it a whack when the EZ comes out then to see if the price difference warrants the new one or not :)

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

So, confused by this sudden change from the Adams I planned to buy, I went home and did lots of research. There I discovered Mark Crossfield and his obsessive love of Mizuno.

I always laugh when someone says that because despite his Mizuno love, Crossfield plays a Nike driver and a Ping hybrid.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Quote:

Originally Posted by rustyredcab

So, confused by this sudden change from the Adams I planned to buy, I went home and did lots of research. There I discovered Mark Crossfield and his obsessive love of Mizuno.

I always laugh when someone says that because despite his Mizuno love, Crossfield plays a Nike driver and a Ping hybrid.

He also deliberately plays cavity backed irons at the moment too. :)

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

I think he's playing Mizuno eZ irons right now.

I like his reviews. He's pretty much always positive. I don't mind he doesn't have a full Mizuno set, though he love Mizuno. He probably plays what is good for his game, which is commendable.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Yep agreed. I got my JPX 800 driver/fw/hybrid quite a while back now and at that time there was nothing I hit better which is why I bought those. If I picked up a Nike Covert tomorrow and hit it beter I'd be happy to save and buy one to replace it, I just don't see the point if I hit the current stuff ok. :)

The only things I refuse point blank to change are my irons, wedges and putter and that's because I adore them all.

SWING DNA

• 3 weeks later...
Great looking irons, solid feel, and they're what I have. Irons are like beer, often the best ones are the ones that you have.

Exactly! The best looking and best feel clubs I've hit. I've been playing Mizuno's since 2001. Had the MP-14's, went to the MP-30's, went back to the MP-14's and then just changed to the MP-4's right before Christmas. I'm pretty sure I'll probably never not play Mizuno irons. :-D

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

• 1 month later...

Last sunday was one of those days you know why you play mizuno.

All my irons where straight from the middle, and we all know that there isn't a better

feeling than a well struck mizuno iron.

I was thinking of trading in my MP59's for JPX 825 pro irons, but after these rounds well i prefer my MP59.

Last sunday was one of those days you know why you play mizuno.

All my irons where straight from the middle, and we all know that there isn't a better

feeling than a well struck mizuno iron.

I was thinking of trading in my MP59's for JPX 825 pro irons, but after these rounds well i prefer my MP59.

Thats why I love my JPX-800s.  When struck well they feel like a Mizuno iron but are forgiving enough for when my swing is a little off.  Id love to play a set of blades or player's irons but most of the time these JPX-800s almost feel like cheating.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

• 4 weeks later...

Greetings one and all, After being fitted and trying out all kinds of different clubs and shafts I settled on the GPX EZ 4-gw set, Fujikura Orochi shafts. The clubs just fitted me better and felt great, always would go back to that club after hitting others. This is my first ever New clubs,have been playing with older set of clone TaylorMade. The sound of the club when you hit is WOW,great looks,and I believe a quality product.

WWR

:mizuno: JPX EZ 4-GW Fujikura Orochi shafts 65g

:ping: G-20 Driver

:clicgear: 3.5 cart

Me against Old Man Par.

Greetings one and all, After being fitted and trying out all kinds of different clubs and shafts I settled on the GPX EZ 4-gw set, Fujikura Orochi shafts. The clubs just fitted me better and felt great, always would go back to that club after hitting others. This is my first ever New clubs,have been playing with older set of clone TaylorMade. The sound of the club when you hit is WOW,great looks,and I believe a quality product.

WWR

Good luck with your new set off Irons Wallawallaron.

Good job to get fitted!

I play the Mizuno MP-4's, I've been playing nothing but Mizuno Irons since 2001, starting with the MP-14's, going to the MP-30's and then back to the MP-14's and ultimately the new MP-4's.  I just love the way the irons look when addressing the ball and they have a feel when you hit them correctly, that I haven't found in other irons.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Note: This thread is 3633 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!