IGNORED

Big Break Florida (2014) Thread

Tailgater
Note: This thread is 3180 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Sorry to sound like a pig, but as a whole, this is the worst looking bunch of girls I've every seen on BB. Some strange teeth going on. I'm liking the co host anyway.

Hopefully the golf will be good and so far they've hit some pretty decent shots. I think it's time to retire the glass break but I doubt they will. Everyone seems to want to take a shot at it. Anyway here's hoping for a good season. It's still so damn cold in Illinois I have nothing better to do with my time.

cubdog

Ross (aka cubdog)

I think it's time to retire the glass break but I doubt they will. Everyone seems to want to take a shot at it.

I would love a crack at that (no pun intended).  It'd be fun if a driving range would put these up somewhere off to the side.  Obviously not glass, but they could have the frames with a netting in the middle.

One range I go to has a "gong" that is about the same size as the glass on the show, but it's about 100-120 out, depending on where you are stationed, so not nearly the same.

Also, when is Tom going to learn that when they hit it really hard and it doesn't break, it's not the glass that they hit, it's the frame?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I would love a crack at that (no pun intended).  It'd be fun if a driving range would put these up somewhere off to the side.  Obviously not glass, but they could have the frames with a netting in the middle.

One range I go to has a "gong" that is about the same size as the glass on the show, but it's about 100-120 out, depending on where you are stationed, so not nearly the same.

Also, when is Tom going to learn that when they hit it really hard and it doesn't break, it's not the glass that they hit, it's the frame?

I used to be pretty good at breaking glass. After breaking the second window out of my house my wife strongly suggested that I not hit balls toward the house.

Can't have any fun around here.

I used to be pretty good at breaking glass. After breaking the second window out of my house my wife strongly suggested that I not hit balls toward the house.

Can't have any fun around here.

LFMAO!!

The hostess and Renée are the only attractive ones. Not that it should matter. Good to see an early hole-out.

1. Lauren 2. Fiamma 3. Renee 4. Lindsay 5. Kylee 6. Courtney 7. Dallas 8. Jackie I think these 8 are okay looking with the top 5 ranging from hot to cute.

What's In My Bag...
Driver: Callaway Razr X Black 10.5*
FW / Hybrid: Nike T40 4W 17* / Nike CPR 24*
Irons: Callaway Razr X HL 5I-SW
Putter: Nike Method Core Putter
Balls: Nike PD Soft

[quote name="iacas" url="/t/72227/big-break-florida-thread/30#post_954613"]The hostess and Renée are the only attractive ones. Not that it should matter. Good to see an early hole-out.

1. Lauren 2. Fiamma 3. Renee 4. Lindsay 5. Kylee 6. Courtney 7. Dallas 8. Jackie I think these 8 are okay looking with the top 5 ranging from hot to cute.[/quote] You forgot Mary....

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

I just got to watch the first show last night.  Interesting show, they all seem to be talking about the "pressure" of BB, so most must know others than have been on it.  I wouldn't say this was a hottest group but there's enough eye candy to keep the casual fans watching for a while.  If I was one of the girls competing, I'd want Tonya tested for PED's, she maybe be perfectly clean but she has a number of physical characteristics of a woman that's been on testosterone.

It's hard to tell in only one episode but there seems to be 3-4 really good golfers and the rest are there for looks, drama or both.

Joe Paradiso

For some reason I just can't bring myself to watch these anymore.  I have not watched the last few editions of it anyway.  I never have been able to watch the ladies version of it.  It is just like a golf version of housewives to me.  Here it is in a nutshell: :mad::censored::mad::censored::~(:cry::poo: ... :sleep:

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

For some reason I just can't bring myself to watch these anymore.  I have not watched the last few editions of it anyway.  I never have been able to watch the ladies version of it.  It is just like a golf version of housewives to me.  Here it is in a nutshell:    ...

SIT. SIT. SIT. GO. GO. GO HARD. Ok nevermind, SIT. SIT.

I could be wrong but I think growing out of Big Break is a sign you are becoming a grown-up :no: Here are some pamphlets for you to read.

Constantine

LOL ... this is pretty accurate of what's to come based on the preview at the end of the last episode.

The players all do this, but it's also exacerbated by the hosts.  Hopefully new girl doesn't take Stephanie Sparks lessons on that.

I agree that the show is somewhat blah ... but it's Monday, and there is no other golf to watch, so it's the alternative.

I could be wrong but I think growing out of Big Break is a sign you are becoming a grown-up  Here are some pamphlets for you to read.

I'm just so desperate to play golf I'll watch anything golf related at this point and regular television is pretty weak lately.  I do typically enjoy reality television and find it interesting to see how regular people handle the pressure, some rise to the challenge while others crash.

Joe Paradiso

I'm just so desperate to play golf I'll watch anything golf related at this point and regular television is pretty weak lately.  I do reality television and find it interesting to see how regular people handle the pressure, some rise to the challenge while others crash.

This part I do find interesting as well in all seriousness, the rest, not so much.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Watched the DVR last night.  My thoughts:

- Maybe a little more emphasis on golf and less on pretty girls this season.  A few cute ones, but less than previous seasons. I thought they did pretty good on that 100yd shot to the circle as a group.  A lot of those shots were pretty close.

- I didn't mind the 'elimination' challenge.  It has got to suck to get eliminated on the first show.  It always seems to quick.  This would be the second season in a row where no one leaves after only one show.  Seems by design.

- Probably the best co-host since I started watching.  Wasn't a huge fan of Sparks, but she was OK I guess.  Tafoya was terrible.  This one is certainly nice looking and seemed like she had decent commentary.

- Am I the only one that thinks Tom Abbot is actually Bill Hader doing an accent?

- Seems like it will be a pretty good season

Quote:

Originally Posted by JetFan1983

I could be wrong but I think growing out of Big Break is a sign you are becoming a grown-up  Here are some pamphlets for you to read.

I'm just so desperate to play golf I'll watch anything golf related at this point and regular television is pretty weak lately.  I do typically enjoy reality television and find it interesting to see how regular people handle the pressure, some rise to the challenge while others crash.

I find that most reality shows do not really portray "regular" people.  They use hand picked lunatics with a few sane people who they gradually drive insane because they have to deal with lunatics.  I am desperate for golf as well but I watch the show because I like game shows.  The challenges entertain me, the idiots don't, but it is a bit harder to find complete idiots that are really good golfers I guess...

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Huge oversight by me. Move Mary into a tie with Lauren....

What's In My Bag...
Driver: Callaway Razr X Black 10.5*
FW / Hybrid: Nike T40 4W 17* / Nike CPR 24*
Irons: Callaway Razr X HL 5I-SW
Putter: Nike Method Core Putter
Balls: Nike PD Soft

Note: This thread is 3180 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!