IGNORED

What is one shot you have never been able to hit?

tmac20
Note: This thread is 3690 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What type of shot have you never been able to hit?

• A straight one!
    • A cut.
    • A draw.
    • A stinger.
    • A high flying ball.
    • One that is not mentioned here.

For me it would have to be a cut. Whenever I try to hit one it either: a) goes straight or b) slices.

Are there any shots that you have trouble hitting?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

A stinger. I have wanted this shot for my whole golfing career and I have not been successful in pulling it off.

A draw when the wind is at my back, basically straight left to right.  Most of the time it tends to come off as a slight pull lol

Obviously straight shots are tough to hit because you almost have to get lucky to hit a ball with zero spin axis and a face aimed at the target.  Not even the pros can do that ;-)

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

A stinger, I just don't bother trying this shot on the course because I have little success at the range with it, I used to pick the ball really bad and still do from time to time so the whole motion of that shot is a real challenge at this time, I hope in the future to be able to do it but I'm not going to get all obsessed with pulling this shot off while there are so many more important shots in the game of golf that I need to devote my attention to.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

I voted stinger as well. I can hit a low stinger pretty well as long as it's a 3/4 swing or less, e.g. keeping the ball low under overhanging limbs or something. More of a punch shot, I suppose. I can even shape that shot pretty easily and draw/cut it around a corner. However, if it's a full swing shot off of a tee box where I have a 20 mph headwind and am trying to keep the ball low, I really struggle with that shot. It always goes too high.

I voted ''one not mentioned here''. I do however have trouble hitting a cut iron shot when I need to. Can cut my driver, but have learned if I don't totally commit and focus on the shot, a lil cut  shot can turn out to be a huge slice. The only shot that scares me to death is a flop. Im scared of it on the range, never even attempted during a round.

I rarely get the trajectory I plan from ball-below-the-feet shots off a hillside. Golf physics says a right-hander will get a left to right ball flight (fade).

If I play for a fade, I hit the ball straight and miss left. If I play it straight, the fade shows up and I miss right. :-\

For some reason, I do much better with ball above.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Not mentioned.

I struggle to flight down a high-lofted club.  Instead of flighting a wedge low, I'll pull an 8-iron.  It works, but it's a shot I know I should be able to hit.....

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

My dad (a terrible cook) used to always say "I can cook anything. You might not be able to eat it but I can cook it."

This thread reminded me of that. I can't think of any shot I can't (and don't) hit but I also can't think of any shot that I'm as good at as I would like to be, and don't have anything that even comes close to a "go to shot".

For me it would have to be a cut. Whenever I try to hit one it either: a) goes straight or b) slices.

Are there any shots that you have trouble hitting?

Pretty much all of them.  For years I played a dependable fade.  Then I had a couple of injuries, lost the fade, and now I never know where the ball is going.  I aim down the middle and hope.  The funny thing is, when I try to play a fade or slice in a case of need, the ball usually goes straight.  That or I do a complete double-cross and hook it out of sight left.

When I was playing a lot of golf, I could still get around the course fairly well in spite of my shortcomings, but now I just can't get out enough to really have a clue what I'm doing.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Never is too strong a statement but downhill lies give me trouble.  I am generally a lower ball hitter so a downhill lie is a challenge for me to hit sufficiently high.

Brian Kuehn

Stinger for sure. The only time I hit anything that resembles it is if I thin one. Funny thing is as a former slicer I sometimes struggle with a fade. We have a short par 5 I can get to in 2 but holding the green is easiest with a high fade. Often miss left when I try.

Dave :-)

A high push draw.  I can hit draws, but not push draws consistently.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I cant play a real draw where the ball stays on the right of the target to come back at the target.

I hook the ball left at best.

I cant play a real fade either, it's more a small slice at best.

Stinger off the tee gives me problems. I'm a high ball hitter and it's tough for me to keep a wood down. I also am inconsistent with my ability to hit a push draw. Some days it's there, other days can't turn it over to save my life.

High flying ball. I'm half irish/half scottish. Its in my DNA to keep it low.

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

If we talk about NEVER :o)

A straight driver shot on the fairway.... mostly draw or hook (i am a lefty)

A high 3 or 5 wood with backspin that would stop real fast on the green.

A long putt that has perfect speed. I suck at them. I also have a hard time knocking the ball really low unless I work on it a lot, especially with wedges inside 100 yards.

In My Bag:

Adams Super LS 9.5˚ driver, Aldila Phenom NL 65TX
Adams Super LS 15˚ fairway, Kusala black 72x
Adams Super LS 18˚ fairway, Aldila Rip'd NV 75TX
Adams Idea pro VST hybrid, 21˚, RIP Alpha 105x
Adams DHY 24˚, RIP Alpha 89x
5-PW Maltby TE irons, KBS C taper X, soft stepped once 130g
Mizuno T4, 54.9 KBS Wedge X
Mizuno R12 60.5, black nickel, KBS Wedge X
Odyssey Metal X #1 putter 
Bridgestone E5, Adidas samba bag, True Linkswear Stealth

Note: This thread is 3690 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!