IGNORED

What's your favorite shot from 50 yards?

mdl
Note: This thread is 3730 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What's your favorite shot from 50 yards?

• Partial "stock" PW/GW
    • Partial "stock" SW
    • Partial "stock" LW
    • High SW/LW, drop and stop
    • Low spinner with some wedge, skip and stop
    • Partial low iron, normal trajectory (probably hops and rolls out?)
    • Iron runner, landing before the green and skipping/running on
    • Other

I just tought it would look cooler if it goes farther than the pin and roll it back afterward, but maybe I am wrong.

Anyway, since I can't put any backspin on any shot yet, I simply try to judge the correct swing speed for the distance left if it less than 60 yards.

FYP :)

No spin for me here in Ireland.... I think I remember playing on a hard green once....a long time ago :-D

Depending on the approach, it's a 54*( if needed to get it airbourn) with roll out, or a bump and run with a less lofted club if there's a clear path to the pin.

I think the poll left out my most frequent options: The Scull The Blade The Hosel and The Chunk I find that the Scull tends to get me accidentally on the green more often regardless of what I TRY to attempt as follows: [LIST] [*] Medium amount of room to release:  a 30 yard pitching swing with my SW but close the face slightly more to get the extra yards, [*] Stop it or spin it back or over something:  a good LW flop - love that shot [*] Lots of green to roll it out:  been practicing chips to various yards lately with great success so that's likely my next set of options if I have room for roll out [/LIST] I'm also getting nicely practiced on "The Stupid Decelerating Downswing" - it's a great way to hit a 50 yard chip shot only 20 feet

I am profienct in all of those too What's the difference between the skull and blade though? Isn't it the same?

Quote:

Originally Posted by rehmwa

I think the poll left out my most frequent options:

The Scull

The Blade

The Hosel

and The Chunk

I find that the Scull tends to get me accidentally on the green more often regardless of what I TRY to attempt as follows:

Medium amount of room to release:  a 30 yard pitching swing with my SW but close the face slightly more to get the extra yards,

Stop it or spin it back or over something:  a good LW flop - love that shot

Lots of green to roll it out:  been practicing chips to various yards lately with great success so that's likely my next set of options if I have room for roll out

I'm also getting nicely practiced on "The Stupid Decelerating Downswing" - it's a great way to hit a 50 yard chip shot only 20 feet

I am profienct in all of those too

What's the difference between the skull and blade though?

Isn't it the same?

As an expert in skulls and blades, I can say that the main difference is that the skull involves a lot of expletives while a blade does not. :smartass:

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

As an expert in skulls and blades, I can say that the main difference is that the skull involves a lot of expletives while a blade does not.

Ahh. Now I know why I don't curse on the course. All of my misses are fat shots.

These are my kind of shots and the best part of my game. If I'm on a course where I might see around this distance a lot, I'll have my 64 with me and 50 yards is about 90% with it. Otherwise it's a half swing with the 60 or a low spinner with the 56

As an expert in skulls and blades, I can say that the main difference is that the skull involves a lot of expletives while a blade does not.

That's pretty much it, not much to add.  Also, on a good skull, more of my hand goes numb - a REALLY good sign of proper execution.

(I wonder if there's a matrix of all the hits, and which are subcategories of the others, example, the "Duff" is really very general and can be broken down to more specific hits.  as goes for the breakdowns of the Miss, Whiff, Undercut, Flail, and the dreaded Admiral Nelson)

Bill - 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3730 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!