Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lihu

Happy Lunar New Year

10 posts in this topic

Happy New Year everyone.

Make or amend some Golfing goals, give yourself another month to achieve them. ;-)

Mine are already in the 2014 goals thread, and I'm giving myself another month to complete them.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Yes!  Happy Lunar New Year to all.  My Godchildren are adopted from Korea, so we celebrate it every year.

新年快乐! xīn nián kuài lè!

恭喜发财! gung hay fat choy!

o/w Happy New Year!

GMac, Steve Stricker, David Toms, Jimmy Walker born in the year of the horse - maybe it'll be a "major" year for them.

Sweet gluttony just got back from meeting friends at a Korean BBQ to celebrate. Chock full of Hite and a good three days of hard time in the gym. I ate a ton of BBB and galbee.

Sweet gluttony just got back from meeting friends at a Korean BBQ to celebrate. Chock full of Hite and a good three days of hard time in the gym. I ate a ton of BBB and galbee.

You can eat lots of these ribs with Hite or Soju.

I ate at least 3 pounds of meat, myself. That's at least 300 swings per day for the next week!

新年快乐! xīn nián kuài lè!

恭喜发财! gung hay fat choy!

o/w Happy New Year!

GMac, Steve Stricker, David Toms, Jimmy Walker born in the year of the horse - maybe it'll be a "major" year for them.

I got year of the Rat! Born in 1960.  What a letdown.  My brothers got Dog and Ox.  They rubbed that in when we found out.

I am a horse also. I was told that when your year comes up again you need to lay low and take it easy that year. Like you I thought that if it is "your" year then you should have a good year, but I was told no, you need to lay low. Anyways I found that interesting.

You can eat lots of these ribs with Hite or Soju.

I ate at least 3 pounds of meat, myself. That's at least 300 swings per day for the next week!

Yeah either works but I love Hite, that and Soju is a little potent but it does make meat taste good. I drank two big bottles there and two more at home. As hangover prevention I ate my leftover bibimbap and a few more ribs. But got up late so workout was short. They had Cass and OB too. Sucky thing hard to find Korean beer anywhere but a restaurant here. In a perfect world there would be no consequence to eating as much ribs and potato salad as you want.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nevets88

I am a horse also. I was told that when your year comes up again you need to lay low and take it easy that year. Like you I thought that if it is "your" year then you should have a good year, but I was told no, you need to lay low. Anyways I found that interesting.

It is way more complicated than this. Some years it is good, some are bad. Sometimes you need to carry a charm some you don't . There is a thick (telephone book sized) book that describes all the things you need to do for every day of the year.

Getting married? Oh boy, that takes at least two or three experts to help. . .

Lawn ornament? You need to consult an expert and a Fung Shui consultant. . .

This is why Chinese developed the ability to study hard. The better you can interpret the book, the better your life. I want to mention that I don't actually believe in this, but am forced to follow some of the rules by certain members in my family. O:)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0