Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
masterhacker

My swing (masterhacker)

5 posts in this topic

I've been Playing Golf for: 2-3 months My current handicap index or average score is: 20-25 My typical ball flight is: fade The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: a baaaad slice [rule] Videos: [VIDEO]http://youtu.be/gq9zohhlDGc[/VIDEO] This is the only video I had. It was before my first round. I know it's not down the line or face on but can you see anything wrong?

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Hi, welcome to the site.  part of the reason your path is across the ball is because your pivot isn't very dynamic on the backswing. Body is kind of static resulting in very little rotation. I would recommend feeling the left knee continues to gain flex as you "stretch" your right side throughout the entire backswing. Would really help you increase the amount you turn and keep the shoulders and hips titled.

More on that in these two videos.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hi, welcome to the site.  part of the reason your path is across the ball is because your pivot isn't very dynamic on the backswing. Body is kind of static resulting in very little rotation. I would recommend feeling the left knee continues to gain flex as you "stretch" your right side throughout the entire backswing. Would really help you increase the amount you turn and keep the shoulders and hips titled.   More on that in these two videos.

Thanks for the suggestions! But do you think that it not being my full swing might have something to do with it? That was kind of a full swing at a half speed pace because of where I was aiming. That was a 70 yard club aiming at a 40 yard target 60 ft downhill. I'll try to get a full swing of my driver, 6 iron, and that club up this weekend.

Thanks for the suggestions! But do you think that it not being my full swing might have something to do with it?

That was kind of a full swing at a half speed pace because of where I was aiming. That was a 70 yard club aiming at a 40 yard target 60 ft downhill.

I'll try to get a full swing of my driver, 6 iron, and that club up this weekend.

If it wasn't a full swing then why post it? ;-)

Yeah go ahead and post a full swing, I have a feeling you're still going to need to do more bending and stretching.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

If it wasn't a full swing then why post it? ;-) Yeah go ahead and post a full swing, I have a feeling you're still going to need to do more bending and stretching.

Well that's the only video I have of my swing. So I figured why not haha. I might go outside now and go get some more videos

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2016 TST Partners

GAME Golf
    PING Golf
    Lowest Score Wins
    • The TST Member tournament play thread....
      Playing in a Mid-Am at one of the local courses in my city next weekend. It'll be my first solo tournament round since my freshman year of high school. My goal is basically to not piss myself on the first tee and make some kind of contact with the ball. 
    • The BMW PGA Championship at Wentworth.
      YE Yang,Willett and Hend on -10,in the lead.   Willett went went out in 29,back in 39. Joost needs a good one today. Good rounds from the 2 Spaniards,Campillo and Cabrera Bello to keep them in contention at -6 and -5 respectively. The back 9 must be playing a lot tougher,Jamie Donaldson had 4 birdies and an eagle on the front nine to pull himself back to level par but then had 2 bogies and 2 doubles to miss the cut on the back 9.  
    • My Swing (PumaAttack)
      Stop saying that! Bingo.  To think that Erik or Mike has it in for you (or anybody else who starts a swing thread on here and gets offended) would mean that you'd have to start under the premise that they have extra time on their hands to spend goofing around and picking on strangers for no reason.  Fact is, if either of them (or, for that matter, about 99.99% of any of the regulars on this site) is posting on a swing thread that is not their own, they are trying to help that person. Remember that throughout the course of the conversation and it should be pretty difficult to draw the conclusions you've drawn. In your case, Tony, you got too defensive and started attacking them.  Despite whether or not you liked what you heard, they were offering (free) advice and they were answering your questions. Take Bill's advice and step back, take a deep breath, and move on.  And stick to one coach to avoid the confusion as well.
    • What would a PGA Tour player shoot at your home course?
      A PGA Tour player's game is optimized to do well on the kinds of courses they play, where conditions are fairly uniform from hole to hole and week to week. Their proximity would not change significantly playing on different greens - it may even suffer slightly if they couldn't adjust well, or if some greens released while others plugged and sucked back. Additionally, as noted, bumpy greens decrease make percentages, so even if they were a foot closer, they might actually take the same or more putts. Same answer as above. Proximity might even suffer due to poorer conditions, failure to adjust, differing conditions hole to hole, etc. I'm not going to guess, and it's off topic anyway. I was just quickly pointing out that scratch doesn't mean they average the course rating. They don't. Only in their 10 best rounds. Of course. But most of a course rating is still the distance. If it's wide open with no rough, no trees, and huge greens, it'll be lower, but not a lot. 67, 66.7, something like that, yeah. But not 61. Not 59. Not 63 very often, either. Studies have shown this to be the case. Players of all ability levels, given time to adjust, putt better on faster, smoother greens than slower (and ostensibly bumpier) greens.
    • My Swing (Jeremie Boop)
      I'm glad you mentioned that, because that reminds me that is how I was hitting those much better impact positions originally earlier this week. I'll combine the feel I'm using for the hand path with the slow start and speeding up of hands on the way down.
  • TST Blog Entries

• Images

• Today's Birthdays

1. bigtosh90
      bigtosh90
      (26 years old)
    2. dopplegvnger
      dopplegvnger
      (24 years old)
    3. Frank62
      Frank62
      (54 years old)