IGNORED

2014 Winter Olympics

dsc123
Note: This thread is 3705 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Bob Costas ignored the warnings and used the water in his Hotel to wash his face.  Now Matt Lauer is being flown in to relieve him of duty.

It's a cover up.  What really happened is FINALLY some athlete punched this insufferable puke in the face.  I'm guessing it was one of the woman hockey players.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It's amazing all the practice coverage there is available online. Heck, if they can stream practice for the Olympics, then GC & company can stream practice rounds.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Yeah I was surprised at the amount of content available online. I have trouble finding what I want sometimes, and there are a ton of ads, but you can watch just about anything.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Now, THAT'S gay. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

LOL.  My apologies if I already posted this (Canadian "protest" ad towards Russia's gay propaganda ban) but I think it fits quite nicely here:

Yeah I was surprised at the amount of content available online. I have trouble finding what I want sometimes, and there are a ton of ads, but you can watch just about anything.

Five minutes of ads before the Swe-Cze Hockey replay started. Countdown timer, NBCComcastUniversalTimeWarnerCableDeathStarSevenLevelsofHell.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

USA!!! http://youtu.be/FHOY8phMJhE

Steve

Steve

Steve

Silly sport for the Olympics.  I am not, nor I have ever believed that I could be an Olympic athlete.  However, I know I have the physical skills for curling.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Watching all the crashes and wipeouts during the skiing events - ouch - the one where a female blew out her knee during a snowboard run, she screams as she goes out of control, ugh... That's one great thing about golf - marginal chance of injury.

Steve

Steve

So Russia was eliminated from Hockey.  So much for Putin's comments about Russia's team being a class above the USA, huh?

Its 1-and-done now, right?  If so, it looks like USA has to beat Czech Republic, then Canada to get into the gold medal game, but they only need to beat the Czech Republic to get into the Bronze medal game?

The USA/Czech game starts in a few minutes, I think.  Generally I don't make any effort to avoid seeing olympic results before the games air, but I'll probably do that for the Semifinals and medal games if the USA wins today.

'

Dan

i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff

It is unfortunate that Canada and the US were in the same bracket.  That should be the gold medal game.

Scott

My Swing Thread

It is unfortunate that Canada and the US were in the same bracket.  That should be the gold medal game.

Do you know how that is determined or who makes that decision?  Can we blame Putin?  Russia was in the other bracket...

Dan

i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff

Yeah.  It would not make sense for Vlad to have the Gold and Silver medalists from the last Olympics in separate brackets.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Do you know how that is determined or who makes that decision?  Can we blame Putin?  Russia was in the other bracket...

I would assume it's a matter of "luck."  Meaning that the brackets were probably set before the preliminary rounds were played.  So, the quarterfinals said A1 v. B2, A2 v. C1, B1 v. C2, etc, etc.  Had Russia finished ahead of the US, or Finland ahead of Canada, then they would be in separate brackets.

That's just a wild guess though.  I say we still blame Putin.

For what I understand the brackets was based on the standings on the preliminary rounds.

The losing team between US and Canada gets to keep Justin Bieber. :)

Note: This thread is 3705 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!