IGNORED

Car for a golfer

create79
Note: This thread is 3698 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hei there one question: do you guys out there have any tips for a car which fits golfers needs best? this means, enough place to put at least 2 bags in the back without pushing the seats down, at least 240 hp and which also have a good look? was thinking about a cayenne turbo s, but this monster drinks more than english supporters.... any tips R welcome, thx C.

Subaru Legacy/Outback, gets you everywhere you want to go in comfort (even during worst winter-snow) and takes your bags and other equipment with room to spare (is availible with a 6 cyl aswell).

thx. I had a look, but I don't like the form. Maybe i should ask otherround: What kind of experience do you have with those cars, do they have enough space for the bags without pushing the seats? - Porsche Cayenne - BMW x5 - Audi Q5 - Audi s5/rs5 - Volvo XC60 - Volvo XC90 Please only answer if you tried those in this exact situation. Thx C.

Stay away from anything Audi. Baaad experience.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Stay away from anything Audi. Baaad experience.

Really? What model?

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Used BMW 3 series - 328i is not bad on gas, 230 hp 6 cyl in base engine from 2006-11, 18/28 mpg - I get over 30 on highway and when it's mostly city, about 25. I'm easy on the gas around the city, I mean, what's the sense of speeding to the next stop light, although I will give it to 5500 rpms from 1st to 2nd - one must flog the beast to keep it trained. The 2012 + versions have a turbo 4 banger with 240 hp, and it gets better mpg.

Check your driver shaft lengths - I have no issues with 45 inch drivers, but above that, I pull the driver out of the bag and place it on top. With two bags, you'll need to take out the drivers and lay them on top.

You will have the typical issues associate with German cars - at least BMW gives you 4 yrs, 50k bumper-bumper, and you can buy a 6 yr maintenance plan. If a CPO, have them check carefully to see if owner purchased the extended plan - you never know until the finance guy checks because he's trying to sell you wheel warranty, dent warranty, windshield warranty, etc.

I owned an old 3 Series, and once you get over 100k mi, you can count on 1500 per year on maintenance (sometimes much more, sometimes a little less), plus tires, and that's going to a private service guy. But once it's paid off, it's a nice car to flog.

I've owned Audis, and I should tell the story about the flaming brakes on my last wedding day... but everyone has stories, and that was the dealer's fault. I owned an A4 A6, TT up to 60k - turned them/traded in because of the horror stories, but who knows, it might have been okay. But turning them back in was a nightmare, so I will avoid Audi-VW again...

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Used BMW 3 series - 328i is not bad on gas, 230 hp 6 cyl in base engine from 2006-11, 18/28 mpg - I get over 30 on highway and when it's mostly city, about 25. I'm easy on the gas around the city, I mean, what's the sense of speeding to the next stop light, although I will give it to 5500 rpms from 1st to 2nd - one must flog the beast to keep it trained. The 2012 + versions have a turbo 4 banger with 240 hp, and it gets better mpg.

Check your driver shaft lengths - I have no issues with 45 inch drivers, but above that, I pull the driver out of the bag and place it on top. With two bags, you'll need to take out the drivers and lay them on top.

You will have the typical issues associate with German cars - at least BMW gives you 4 yrs, 50k bumper-bumper, and you can buy a 6 yr maintenance plan. If a CPO, have them check carefully to see if owner purchased the extended plan - you never know until the finance guy checks because he's trying to sell you wheel warranty, dent warranty, windshield warranty, etc.

I owned an old 3 Series, and once you get over 100k mi, you can count on 1500 per year on maintenance (sometimes much more, sometimes a little less), plus tires, and that's going to a private service guy. But once it's paid off, it's a nice car to flog.

I've owned Audis, and I should tell the story about the flaming brakes on my last wedding day... but everyone has stories, and that was the dealer's fault. I owned an A4 A6, TT up to 60k - turned them/traded in because of the horror stories, but who knows, it might have been okay. But turning them back in was a nightmare, so I will avoid Audi-VW again...

I should add, I'm not talking cart bags ... I'm discussing two carry/stand bags.

If you want cart bags, I'd suggest a wider, higher, trunk.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Really? What model?

A4 and A6. Significant engine issues with both, and worse, terrible service/lack of concern from three different dealerships.

In David's bag....

thx.

I had a look, but I don't like the form.

Maybe i should ask otherround:

What kind of experience do you have with those cars, do they have enough space for the bags without pushing the seats?

- Porsche Cayenne

- BMW x5

- Audi Q5

- Audi s5/rs5

- Volvo XC60

- Volvo XC90

Please only answer if you tried those in this exact situation.

Thx

C.

Since this is supposed to be a discussion board, I'm throwing in my two cents, even though it's none of  the above.  I drove a Honda Accord V6 coupe for 6 years and it was fun to drive and fine for golf.  My brother and I put 2 good sized cart bags (no trolley attached) in the trunk without putting the back seats down.  The new Honda V6's are over 250 horsepower (my 2003 was 240 hp).  I got 24 mpg in the city and 32 highway.  It was my favorite car of all I ever owned.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Good thread. I have a 2007 530i and I can only fit one bag diagonally without having to take the woods out.

My buddy has a 2013 with the same issue.  $55k worth of car and you can't fit 2 bags in the trunk!

In David's bag....

Good thread. I have a 2007 530i and I can only fit one bag diagonally without having to take the woods out.

Same problem with my 540i, but a Damn nice ride going to the courses................

Club Rat

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

Same problem with my 540i, but a Damn nice ride going to the courses................ Club Rat

A major reason for the CPO 328i- I did not see the space benefit in having a 5 Series

LMAO...... I read all these posts about $55K cars and you can barely fit a bag in..... I am so glad I passed on the BMW...

I actually selected a 2011 Hyundai Sonata over a 2011 BMW 328i when I bought my last new car. I can fit 3 cart bags in the trunk, 4 if you take out the drivers and 4 sets of shoes and a bunch of other things. It's great cause we can take less cars to the course but sucks cause I drive and can't enjoy as many drinks in the clubhouse after. Plus Hyundai is a PGA Tour sponsor as well. Car rides great (I replaced the stock tires with Mich Primacy MX4), fits 4 adult men fine and gets great gas mileage. I already told the wife I will probably get another one in 3 years when my son turns 16 and I give him this one.

Note: This thread is 3698 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!