IGNORED

Do I have a problem if 95% of my day is thinking about golf?

Paiste
Note: This thread is 3708 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm an absolute, 100% fanatic; a golf addict. I always thinking about my swing, equipment and the next time I'm going to the range or the course.

I'm totally obsessed with this game and the golf bug has bit me hard. I've been taking lessons with amazing results and it seems all I want to do is hit balls, whether at the range or getting out on the course.

I'm always looking at my clubs and daydreaming  during the winter months or finding a way to practice indoors, to keep my swing sharp. I'm very happy that I found this game. It keeps me out of trouble and I needed a passion like this in my life. The only problem is that I have an addictive personality and I'm definitely addicted to golf. I'm not making any impulse purchases for the sake of having the newest club or anything like that it's just that I'm really obsessed with the game. It's always fun, which is good but as soon as it stops becoming fun then I'll have to step back and reassess everything. I honestly don't find that happening anytime soon though. There are too many courses to play and way to big of a learning curve to EVER get bored of the game.

Anyone else addicted to the sport like this?

Present!

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Count me in.

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

It is so bad for me that my wife will tell me, "you are thinking about Golf again aren't you."  She can just tell.

She told me about a week ago that I am miserable to be around when it is not golf season and that she cannot wait for the season to start... in those general terms anyway.

I think about golf about three times as much, as the other subject men think about.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

It is so bad for me that my wife will tell me, "you are thinking about Golf again aren't you."  She can just tell. She told me about a week ago that I am miserable to be around when it is not golf season and that she cannot wait for the season to start... in those general terms anyway. I think about golf about three times as much, as the other subject men think about.

I often "pretend" to watch TV or a movie with my wife but secretly I'm thinking about golf the whole time. Sometimes she'll catch me, ask me a question about what we're watching and I'll be totally stumped! Lol. She gets all mad! "Are you thinking about golf AGAIN???" And I'll reply, "actually my pivot, why?" She's given up at this point. Letting me go to Erie next month for lessons at Golf Evolution and a membership next season. Moral of the story? Hang in there, you'll wear her down eventually.

• Upvote 1

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

• Administrator

Moral of the story? Hang in there, you'll wear her down eventually.

Just had to quote that.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Ha, ha, ha!!! This is great. I feel much better knowing that I`m in like-minded company. This is a great forum, so glad I found it. Golf is officially a passion for me now and I know for a fact that it drives my family NUTS! I`m always thinking about certain aspects of my swing and I mean always. Like I stated in another thread, I finally completed my set and it`s incredible. The only thing that keeps me sane during the winter months is looking at my clubs and how beautiful they are. lol . That and indoor ranges and lessons. Cheers everyone!!

Its not as bad once the golf season starts, but in these cold desolate winter months I got the GOLF FEVER!!!

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Im just the same. Im reading The Match right now and I thought about going to a local course and shooting my low score for about an hour before I feel asleep last night. I also have a wedge in my living room that I will go pick up and grip and kinda do slow swings.  What funny to me is I give my wife shit about going on Facebook and Pinterest all the time. Her quick response is how many times were you on your golf site today(the sand trap).  Then I just shut my mouth.

Are you doing slow practice swings while you give her shit?

Yours in earnest, Jason.

I constantly give her shit so yeah some times or Im looking up new clubs on ebay or on here (which is almost always).  I don't have a room to hit balls so I just take practice swings in my living room or putt but I haven't putted in a while.

I constantly give her shit

I said "wear her down" not "break her". The trick is to get her to realize how loving and attentive to her needs you become when you get to play enormous amounts of golf not make her see how mean spirited and hateful you can be when you don't get your way. Subtle difference I know, but an important distinction. ;-)

Yours in earnest, Jason.

I said "wear her down" not "break her".

The trick is to get her to realize how loving and attentive to her needs you become when you get to play enormous amounts of golf not make her see how mean spirited and hateful you can be when you don't get your way. Subtle difference I know, but an important distinction.

Id say you know what your talking about but you don't know my wife so your kinda talking stupid. We've been together for 10 years and over that time I feel in love with shooting clays and spent more $$$$ and time then Id even care to guess.  She's the coolest person Ive ever met and has no problem with my obsessions since she my favorite one.  She's totally cool with me playing enormous amounts of golf she actually got a set of clubs from her mom so hopefully she will be able to come with me 1 or 2 times a year. :-P

your kinda talking stupid.

Well, that's kinda my super-power. ;-)

Yours in earnest, Jason.

It is so bad for me that my wife will tell me, "you are thinking about Golf again aren't you."  She can just tell.

Ha.  My wife does this all the time too. She'll look at me and say, correctly, "You're thinking about your swing, aren't you?"

She told me about a week ago that I am miserable to be around when it is not golf season and that she cannot wait for the season to start... in those general terms anyway

Well I live in southern California, so I don't have this problem.  But I'd like to think my wife's cool enough that she'd say this instead of being pumped about fewer weekends where I'm away golfing a significant part of one day...

Originally Posted by cipher

I think about golf about three times as much, as the other subject men think about.

Ha.  This is true for me, and only getting more and more true the older I get.

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

Note: This thread is 3708 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!