IGNORED

Do I have a problem if 95% of my day is thinking about golf?

Paiste
Note: This thread is 3710 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Why are you wasting the 5% ?

Yeah, no kidding, that should be time spent on lag putting. :-)

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

You've never had one? It's literally when you get so scared that all your blood runs out of your arms and legs and into your core and you get a fear boner. No bueno.

It's real, I got one at my wedding.

• Upvote 2

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

I'm building a driving net in my basement today to practice elements of my swing such as a proper shoulder turn on my backswing, generating lag, keeping the clubface square through impact and a good release (3/4 release because my ceiling isn't high enough). As long as I have my release pointing to 1:00 clock, then when I go to the range or the course I'll have the muscle memory to release my club properly to the target instead of coming across my body like so many of us amateurs do.

I'll do anything to keep practicing what I've learned so far through my lessons. They have improved my swing and my game ten fold. Effortless power! It's amazing what you can accomplish if you have a fundamentally solid swing.

I'm building a driving net in my basement today to practice elements of my swing such as a proper shoulder turn on my backswing, generating lag, keeping the clubface square through impact and a good release (3/4 release because my ceiling isn't high enough). As long as I have my release pointing to 1:00 clock, then when I go to the range or the course I'll have the muscle memory to release my club properly to the target instead of coming across my body like so many of us amateurs do. I'll do anything to keep practicing what I've learned so far through my lessons. They have improved my swing and my game ten fold. Effortless power! It's amazing what you can accomplish if you have a fundamentally solid swing.

Nice, any tips you can share? Or fundamental things for us to work on that have helped you in a big wat?

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

This thread is awesome, and yes I can also say that I think about golf 95% of my awake hours. Golf is a lifestyle and Im enjoying every damn minute of it!

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

Haha missed this a few days ago but yeah that's what I was looking for. It just popped straight into my head when I read the fever bit.

I quoted it poorly but thank you for acknowledging it... my faith in humanity gas been restored:)

Nice, any tips you can share? Or fundamental things for us to work on that have helped you in a big wat?

I'm not good enough yet to be giving any tips. The only tip that I can back up 100% is take some lessons with a certified pro, one that you can develop a good relationship with and practice your ass off. Practice what he teaches you so that when you attend your next lesson, you're ready for it and your not wasting his and your time. That's it.

Lessons have helped me huge. Creating lag for effortless power. One thing that he has taught me that is 100% true is that "feel and real" are 2 totally different things. It may feel like you are doing something but in actuality, when you look back at the video you are not. He taught me to compress my back swing because it was way too long. I though that I was shortening it quite a bit but I was only shortening it like 1/10 of the swing. To properly shorten your backswing you have to "feel" like you are stopping it almost right away, after take away. You aren't though, it just feels that way. You end up creating a more controlled backswing with much less room for error and you are no longer swinging past parallel. It helps to keep the club on plane and the club head square at impact. This works great for me though, it might not work for someone else, everyone is different.

Lessons, lessons, lessons, if you are serious about the game like me and everyone else on here! lol!

How sick if you would rather play 41/2 hr round with the golf buddies than spend 30 uninspired minutes having sex with the lady friend? Or is that just age?

Let me make sure I have this right... The OP and 99% of you since then think about golf most of the time... right?

What's the matter with you people? Why are you wasting your time thinking about anything else?

When I got married, the marriage certificate in Jamaica listed each person's occupation. Mine still said Golf Professional at the time, so my poor bride knew what she was getting herself into. She knows me all too well and there have been a few times during 41 years of marriage when she has basically told me to go play golf and not come home until I have.

I've had a good day if I don't fall out of the cart...

I have a similar problem. What about this game is so addicting? Anyone know?

I think a lot of it has to do with looking simple, but actually being so hard. I think another part of it is, you really don't have to be any good at it to enjoy it. The handicapping system lets anyone compete with anyone else. You can play it alone, with friends or with the one you love. Not to mention the ground we play on is never the same from day to day on the same course, much less place to place anywhere in the world.

I'm not surprised it's addicting. There's so many reasons it can be or should be that I'd be surprised if it wasn't addicting.

I've had a good day if I don't fall out of the cart...

I have a similar problem. What about this game is so addicting? Anyone know?

Well, you can never beat it, and every time you play you have the chance to do something great and just overall do better as you did last time you played. Yep, I definitely caught the bug this past summer and I don't see it going away any time soon. Golf's awesome

I am absolutely, without a doubt, strung slam out on it. Never was a great husband, but I was one hell of a fisherman. Now I am a mediocre golfer. Strung slam out. It's almost been 3 yrs. since I started, hasn't got any better. Glad to say my club buying has slowed down. Everything you guys have testified to in this thread, I am guilty of.

I often "pretend" to watch TV or a movie with my wife but secretly I'm thinking about golf the whole time. Sometimes she'll catch me, ask me a question about what we're watching and I'll be totally stumped! Lol. She gets all mad! "Are you thinking about golf AGAIN???"

And I'll reply, "actually my pivot, why?"

She's given up at this point. Letting me go to Erie next month for lessons at Golf Evolution and a membership next season.

Moral of the story? Hang in there, you'll wear her down eventually.

It is so bad for me that my wife will tell me, "you are thinking about Golf again aren't you."  She can just tell.

She told me about a week ago that I am miserable to be around when it is not golf season and that she cannot wait for the season to start... in those general terms anyway.

I think about golf about three times as much, as the other subject men think about.

I literally laughed out loud at both of these. My wife is always yelling, "are you golfing again?!?!", because I might take a little shoulder turn while cooking or walking by a mirror. She can sense even the most subtle of moves at this point--it's pretty hilarious.

Yes, I have the sickness too. Once it infects your blood, there is no cure. Life has basically been a fever dream since I discovered golf.

Constantine

Totally obsessed. Guys in the office took some time to figure this out... They used to think I had either, a mental or bowel problem... Or a combination of both for a while until I got to know them. They would look on as I was in the canteen waiting for my coffee to brew... whilst waiting, I would place my hands in my pockets while I proceeded to practice the lower body feel for getting my weight forward through impact....Gentle movements down and towards the target... TIP: Best not to do this unless you tell your colleagues what you are doing!!!! :)
  • Upvote 1

Note: This thread is 3710 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!