IGNORED

Myrtle Beach Golf Course Recommendation

Note: This thread is 3024 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

We played Feb. 15 th , 16 th and 17 th . A couple days prior an ice storm rolled through the area. Being “Minnesnowtans” the weather was still a welcome relief.

Caledonia: Best sweet tea I’ve ever had!  Course was soaked to the bone. Can’t believe it was actually open. Lots of debris on the ground. With the unseasonably cold temps none of the flowers/plants had started growing. Obviously they can’t control the weather. I can see why it’s called ‘Augusta of South Carolina’.  The entrance/drive is breath taking. Great golf holes. Old-school country club layout. I love old school CC’s!

Tidewater: I loved Tidewater. It was probably actually the most enjoyable round we played in the MB area.  Beautiful views. Not difficult, not easy. Awesome staff!!

The Ocean Course: I was in awe the entire day. I almost threw up on the driving range. I think “unbelievable” sums up the experience. I’d hit tee shots and then to just walk and not even play the hole, just take everything in.  It really is something. We arrived early and made a day of it. One of the best days of my life!

Eats in the MB Area: 21 Main At North Beach. Delicious steak and unbelievable lobster bisque.

I’d highly recommend playing all three of the above courses and eating at 21 Main.

Hopefully we can get back and play Grand Dunes
, Dunes Club and some of the Barefoot courses.

• 2 months later...
We stayed at Litchfield two weeks ago. We did not play, but I have played many of the courses in the Pawleys area. I am a big fan of the courses on the Waccamaw Golf Trail, and the area from Pawleys to Georgetown, SC. The beach is good, good restaurants, and the golf is scenic and reasonably priced. Pinehurst has great history and tradition, but I would rather go to the Pawleys Island area.

We played Feb. 15th, 16th and 17th. A couple days prior an ice storm rolled through the area. Being “Minnesnowtans” the weather was still a welcome relief.

Caledonia: Best sweet tea I’ve ever had!  Course was soaked to the bone. Can’t believe it was actually open. Lots of debris on the ground. With the unseasonably cold temps none of the flowers/plants had started growing. Obviously they can’t control the weather. I can see why it’s called ‘Augusta of South Carolina’.  The entrance/drive is breath taking. Great golf holes. Old-school country club layout. I love old school CC’s!

Tidewater:  I loved Tidewater. It was probably actually the most enjoyable round we played in the MB area.  Beautiful views. Not difficult, not easy. Awesome staff!!

The Ocean Course: I was in awe the entire day. I almost threw up on the driving range. I think “unbelievable” sums up the experience. I’d hit tee shots and then to just walk and not even play the hole, just take everything in.  It really is something. We arrived early and made a day of it. One of the best days of my life!

Eats in the MB Area: 21 Main At North Beach. Delicious steak and unbelievable lobster bisque.

I’d highly recommend playing all three of the above courses and eating at 21 Main.

Hopefully we can get back and play Grand Dunes, Dunes Club and some of the Barefoot courses.

I didn't know they were still open, a year or two ago i heard they were in trouble. I will say we ate there several times and thought it was great, it is not cheap but you got a quality steak and they had a solid list wines...and the martinis are always good!!

Driver- Callaway Razor somthing or other
3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

• 7 months later...

Hi,

I'm planning a trip down to Myrtle beach in April and wanted to get some opinions on what courses are worth playing.

We're staying in the Pawleys Island area so we're looking to play courses down there.  I have already played Caledonia and True Blue, so already know about them.  Most of the below courses are part of the REWARDS package, so I was thinking about playing a few of them.

Willbrook

Tradition Club

MBN South Creek

MBN West

Blackmoor

River Club

Heritage

Wachesaw Plantation (private)

If anyone has played any of these courses recently and has some input please let me know!

Thanks

Hi,

I'm planning a trip down to Myrtle beach in April and wanted to get some opinions on what courses are worth playing.

We're staying in the Pawleys Island area so we're looking to play courses down there.  I have already played Caledonia and True Blue, so already know about them.  Most of the below courses are part of the REWARDS package, so I was thinking about playing a few of them.

Willbrook

Tradition Club

MBN South Creek

MBN West

Blackmoor

River Club

Heritage

Wachesaw Plantation (private)

If anyone has played any of these courses recently and has some input please let me know!

Thanks

Moved your post to this thread, can also check out this one.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Moved your post to this thread, can also check out this one.

I wouldnt bother with blackmoor,the tradition club or either of the myrtle beach national courses.They are ok but nothing special.Always wanted to play heritage and id imagine river club be pretty good too.Heard willibrook is nice.

Willbrook Plantation is probably my favorite course down there. Watches aw is also extremely nice, though you have to know a member. The Witch was q decent track, although I played that about 1 years ago. Agree on the Myrtle Beach National courses, they alright. The barefoot landing courses a very good.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Where do you recommend dining at?

We've had these dining recommendations for Charleston: Cypress, Magnolias, and 82 Queen…thoughts?

I live in the NY Metro area but Magnolias in Charleston is one of the best resaturant I have ever been to.  I haven't played in Myrtle Beach in a while but my favorite course is True Blue which is along the way from Charleston to Myrtle.  Have a great time!

This years Myrtle Beach Road Trips includes;

• Litchfield Country Club - favorite of the courses we played last year so we're returning for another round.
  • Caledonia Golf and Fish Club
  • Pawleys Plantation
  • Willbrook Plantation

I'm really looking forward to playing Caledonia and Willbrook since I've heard and read so much about them.

Joe Paradiso

I played the witch 20 years ago and from what I remember I liked it very much

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Willbrook Plantation was my favorite course in Myrtle beach I played

-Jerry

Willbrook Plantation was my favorite course in Myrtle beach I played

That's good to know, I'm pretty excited to play all the courses on my upcoming trip given the reviews I've read.  I was pretty disappointed with a few from last year, especially Wicked Stick.

Joe Paradiso

This years Myrtle Beach Road Trips includes;

Litchfield Country Club - favorite of the courses we played last year so we're returning for another round.

Caledonia Golf and Fish Club

Pawleys Plantation

Willbrook Plantation

I'm really looking forward to playing Caledonia and Willbrook since I've heard and read so much about them.

if you really liked Litchfield you are in for a treat!

Pawleys is good much better then Litchfield, diferent type of ocurse but better. Willbrook is solid I like it, it is much better then Litchfield and not near near as good as Caledonia...which is the best of the trip by a fairly large margin IMO.

Driver- Callaway Razor somthing or other
3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

if you really liked Litchfield you are in for a treat!

Pawleys is good much better then Litchfield, diferent type of ocurse but better. Willbrook is solid I like it, it is much better then Litchfield and not near near as good as Caledonia...which is the best of the trip by a fairly large margin IMO.

Thanks for the additional information.  I plan to get much more practice time in (even if just simulator) before the trip as I'm told Pawleys, Caledonia and Willbrook are more challenging than the three we played last year.

Joe Paradiso

Note: This thread is 3024 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!