IGNORED

You know you're rusty when...

treebound
Note: This thread is 3702 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

You know that you are rusty and out of practice when you go into the Callaway new driver demo, and at the end of hitting a few balls and asking the guy for your setup fitting you hear him suggest maybe looking at some TaylorMade clubs instead. I guess I'm too rusty for Callaways. I still had fun hitting a few balls while it was snowing outside.

Taylormade M2 driver @ 9.5*+2

TM M6 D-type 3wood 16*, 
TM M2 Rescue 3H@19* and 4H@22* ,
TM RocketBladez irons 5-9,PW,AW, SW(23*,26.5*,30.5*,35*,40*,45*,50*,55*),
TM Hi-Toe 60* wedge,
Ping Karsten 1959 Craz-E, or a Scotty
Bushnell Tour V3 rangefinder

I demo'd their newest Big Bertha with the slider weight that is being released next week sometime. It's okay and the adjustability is nice. But way out of my reach right now. I did get two free golfballs though, that was nice to get.

TM M6 D-type 3wood 16*, 
TM Hi-Toe 60* wedge,

Cool I really want to hit the Bertha. Im going to get a new driver this year so let me know what you end up getting.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I demo'd their newest Big Bertha with the slider weight that is being released next week sometime. It's okay and the adjustability is nice. But way out of my reach right now. I did get two free golfballs though, that was nice to get.

I am kinda disappointed in the Big Bertha Alpha. For an expensive club it has no shafts that are good for high swing speeds. That Fubuki shaft isn't adequate. At least Taylormade sticks a Tour Spec Speeder in their premium golf clubs.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

So saevel25 what have you all hit? And what do you like?

Ping i25 would be better with a better golf shaft. I love the design and concept, but the shaft just kills the club

Titleist 913, less spinny than the 910, better sound off the clubface, great boring trajectory. Shaft options are pretty good for faster swings

SLDR, a special club. You will have to loft up. The shaft selection in the TP version is pretty good. Even though it has a Taylormade logo on it, it is a Fujikura Tour Spec shaft, just amazing golf shaft.

Callaway Big Berth Alpha, like the SLDR a very good low spinning driver. Very good feel off the face, but the shaft is way to weak for higher swing speeds. If they had the Diamana D+ as a stock option like Titleist, then this club would be a strong contender. Not sure about the whole move the CG thing. The guy at golfsmith dropped it once. I can just see that poor insert being dropped and lost. Not good. Hope Callaway has a lost warranty on that little item.

Nike Tour 2.0, SUCKS, just dive bombs, horrible club.

Jetspeed, solid club. Good sound, good feel. Overkill with the 46 inch club though. I can see why its long off the tee, but just hard to control.

That's what I have hit this year. I am probably looking at the SLDR, 913, or maybe the Cobra Amp Pro from last year. It supposedly had low spin numbers and a good launch speed. I might be willing to go that and get a upgraded shaft.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

I would say anything over 110 mph clubhead speed.

The only shaft really able to hold up from that would be Proforce V2 75. That is a stout enough shaft to really hold up to a fast swing. Honestly for a high end club, that shaft is pretty dull. I have one in my G10 ping. Its an OK shaft if you want to go on the cheap end of stout shafts. Its just pretty much saying, ok here is the stiffest shaft, we don't care about feel, but it can hold up. You start getting into shafts like Diamana or Fujikura, now your getting stout enough shafts that are able to get more of a softer impact.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Did you like the 913 D3 or the D2? I was kinda hoping you hit the X 2 Hot Im interested in that one.

I honestly can't remember if I did or not. I heard good things about it.

D3 and D2 are basically identical clubs except that the D3 is slightly smaller, and it flights a little bit lower. I actually preferred the D3. I like that compact clubhead design.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Yeah I like a smaller club head as well I was looking at the X 2 Hot Pro and the 913 D3 they both look sweet.  I also wanted to hit the sldr I have a R11 now and I used to hit it high until I put pro launch red shaft in it and it helped with the trajectory.  Ive read that the X 2 Hot pro has a good shaft as well.

After today I've really got the itch to start swinging the clubs again. I might have to go out to the backyard tomorrow and start swatting at snowballs. There is a big demo-day after Mother's day where I suspect the Rep will be again, I'll have to go and see if he remembers me once I have my swing back in shape. Anyway, this grew into an interesting discussion, lots to think about, wish I could go back and apend the thread title a bit to add in "(Big Bertha Alpha demo)".

TM M6 D-type 3wood 16*, 
TM Hi-Toe 60* wedge,

Yeah I like a smaller club head as well I was looking at the X 2 Hot Pro and the 913 D3 they both look sweet.  I also wanted to hit the sldr I have a R11 now and I used to hit it high until I put pro launch red shaft in it and it helped with the trajectory.  Ive read that the X 2 Hot pro has a good shaft as well.

I currently play a913, but if I was to buy a driver today it would be the x hot 2. Love that club so easy to hit you can get really aggressive and it has a beautiful boring ball flight

Note: This thread is 3702 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!