IGNORED

Inside the Ropes Pics and Swing Videos: 2014 Northern Trust (LA Open) Discussion Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 3711 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Cool pictures and videos! I'll be there on Sunday with my father in law, look for me on the TV, I'll be the one in the golf hat, shirt and shorts. :-D Brad

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

Thanks for the vids and pics Mike, wish I could be there.

Question? In post#5 there is a photo which looks like CH lll on the putting green.

What was the setup on the putting green?

(Putter had mechanism on lower part of shaft with a standup device perpendicular to the person on the green, connected to a laptop)

Club Rat

SAM PuttLab.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

It would be great if there was a web cam on the practice tee. For me at least, whenever I go to a sporting event I find just as much, if not more in enjoyment, in watching the players warmup, and prepare to compete.

When did Ricky cut his hair..?

BTW, how is Ricky's full swing looking..?

I think that was at the beginning of the new year. Unfortunately did not get his swing, he literally hit his last full shot when I walked onto the range. Didn't see him today.

Theres a lot of vokey wedges in those pics.

Yep they are the #1 wedge on tour. Most contracts are for 10-12 clubs so there is some wiggle room when it comes to wedges so you'll see Vokey wedges in TaylorMade, Adams and PING player's bags. Also, Titleist has a decent number of players.

Looks like Couples & Dufner are using Trackman. Anyone else?

What's the typical percentage of those on the range using TM/FS on a Monday?

Basically most players are on Trackman, using it more as a fitting/checking launch numbers tool than a teaching tool.

Fantastic Pictures................I noticed Nike wedges in a TMAG staff bag :)

Yeah that was Carl Pettersson, was a Nike guy his last several years on tour.

Got some good video today, here's a few, will be posting more tomorrow

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Love these behind the scenes pictures and videos that we have seen across the west coast swing.  Thanks very much.  From a player perspective, I've read this week that Riviera favours lefties (that's obvious looking at Mickelson and Weir records here) and natural faders of the golf ball.  So question to you guys.  Who does that favour this week? Would be great to get some feedback around the players that might feature this week.

How's this Key #4? ;-)

Compton trying to pitch balls into a bucket

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

How's this Key #4?

Compton trying to pitch balls into a bucket

Isn't this what @Ernest Jones is working on with the whole rev thing :-P

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Im really surprised how many bags have mixed iron sets.  I think its cool I just never thought tour players would do that.

Im really surprised how many bags have mixed iron sets.  I think its cool I just never thought tour players would do that.

Agreed. I'm shocked at how many old and beat up clubs there are.

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland: CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

Ben Crane gets the internet. Goosen needs to catch up.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Note: This thread is 3711 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!