IGNORED

9 holes before work + 9 holes after work= A Legit 18?

PJCdude
Note: This thread is 3695 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

In these cold winter months I've fantasizing about playing this summer whenever I could and I had a question I thought you guys could answer. I'm probably going to be the director of a summer camp at my school which is 5 minutes from one of my favorite golf clubs (Pelham Bay/Split Rock in the Bronx.) I definitely intend on doing some early bird back 9's and then getting in at least the front 9 during twilight on the same day. My question: Does any rule prevent me from considering this as a legit 18 hole round?

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 10*

Wood: Callaway Epic Flash 17* 

Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 20*

Irons: Callaway Rogue X 5i-GW

Wedges: Vokey SM8 54*S and 58*K

Putter: Ping Prime Tyne 4

It may be considered a combined round on your handicap card, but it will equal the same handicap number so who cares.

Driver: Titleist 910d2

Irons: Mizuno MP4s kbs tour shafts

Vokey Wedges 50 54 & 58

Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback

Balls: Pro v1x 

For a handicap score entry its not necessary to play a full round, you can play a partial round with out having to make up the remainder. for example you could play 6 holes and count it towards a round of 18 for score. Let's say you are handicap of 12 and you play 6 holes in no particular order or quantity of par holes, let's say after 6 holes you have to leave for an emergency, you are 5 over par with one double bogie on a par four hole. You can record an 18 hole round as 15 over par for handicap purposes.

• Administrator
You can record an 18 hole round as 15 over par for handicap purposes.

That's untrue. I believe to post an 18-hole round you need to complete 13 or more holes. 7 holes for 9-hole rounds.

a. Scores To Post

To post a 9-hole score, the player must play 7 to 12 holes, and at least 7 holes must be played in accordance with the principle of the Rules of Golf.  To post an 18-hole score, the player must play at least 13 holes in accordance with the principles of the Rules of Golf. (See Decisions 5-1a/3 through 5-1a/5 .)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

That's untrue. I believe to post an 18-hole round you need to complete 13 or more holes. 7 holes for 9-hole rounds.

a. Scores To Post

To post a 9-hole score, the player must play 7 to 12 holes, and at least 7 holes must be played in accordance with the principle of the Rules of Golf.  To post an 18-hole score, the player must play at least 13 holes in accordance with the principles of the Rules of Golf. (See Decisions 5-1a/3 through 5-1a/5.)

And even then you do not account for the missing holes in the way @Spitfisher described.  It has nothing to do with how you played the holes you played.  Missing holes are assigned scores equal to par plus any stroke(s) you are allowed due to handicap.

(I know YOU know this Erik, but I am adding it to help counter the rest of the misinformation.)

As to the OP's original question, just post both scores as nine hole scores and the handicap service you use will combine them.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

For a handicap score entry its not necessary to play a full round, you can play a partial round with out having to make up the remainder. for example you could play 6 holes and count it towards a round of 18 for score. Let's say you are handicap of 12 and you play 6 holes in no particular order or quantity of par holes, let's say after 6 holes you have to leave for an emergency, you are 5 over par with one double bogie on a par four hole. You can record an 18 hole round as 15 over par for handicap purposes.

I mis-spoke ( wrote ) on this matter of partial rounds for handicap scores. I knew it could be done once a pattern had been set for x amount of holes. just had my numbers screwed up, thank you above for the clarification.

Note: This thread is 3695 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!