IGNORED

Need some advice

pappy01
Note: This thread is 3724 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am torn between what shaft flex I should be playing. I went through a Bridgestone ball fitting on 6/15/2011 and had the following results.

Swing Speed 98.0 MPH

Ball Speed 133.8

Launch Angle 1.2

Back Spin 3,197 RPM

These were with the use of a Callaway 9.0 degree driver with a stiff shaft.

Since then I have purchased a 10.5 degree Cobra AMP with a stiff shaft. I hit this club with a slight draw. My misses seem to be a pull hook.

I will tun 66 at the end of this month and I feel I am not swinging at the speed needed for a stiff shaft. However, I am hitting this decent.

I would like to know the advantage of going to a regular flex shaft and how it might benefit me. Would I get more distance and control?

On a side note, your smash factor is 1.365

Launch angle of 1.2? that is like absurdly low.

Post a video of your driver swing in the "My Swing" section. I have a feeling you hit way to down on the ball. That almost looks like a mishit. That could have been a strike on the low part of the clubface. Though the spin is low for that type of strike. Probably topped it a bi, hitting up on the ball, very low on the clubface. Just strange numbers.

Note, shaft weight means more than shaft flex. Well bend profile means more as well. So here's the thing. Don't get caught up on S and X. Unless the bend profile changes greatly between flex, its hard to tell the difference. What I do find common though is lets say you are hitting an S and switch to an X, it could make you swing faster because it does feel stiffer. So that can be an issue for some that it will cause them to swing faster then they need to be.

As for you, you probably want something like bellow,

I checked out the UST Mamiya online shaft fitting, for you, lets say you want distance (lighter club)

VST 65 Silver, (3.5-4 torque, medium kick point, 60-70 gram shaft), something like that.

That would be a medium launch club, softer tip. If you find the spin to high for that, go with a bit stiffer profile, maybe less torque.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Saeve125, I do have an over the top move that comes form in my opinion of trying to swing to fast.

Could you give me what a better launch angle would be, and smash factor. From what I read from you you are not suggesting I go to a R Flex.

Saeve125, I do have an over the top move that comes form in my opinion of trying to swing to fast.

Could you give me what a better launch angle would be, and smash factor. From what I read from you you are not suggesting I go to a R Flex.

Let me ask one thing first, is that 1.2 degrees as in less than 2

or is that 12 degrees and you accidentally put in a period?

Cause, 12 degrees would be pretty good, but usually 11 to 14 degrees is common.

Smash factor for a driver, I would like to see 1.45 and above, you are doing really good. You are loosing out on 9 mph of ball speed. That is pretty big. That is about 25 yards of distance.

For you, I'd look for 13-14 degrees of launch, around 2700 rpm, and about a 140-145 ball speed. That would probably be your max drive. You'd be looking at around 230 carry for the driver and anywhere from 5 to 20 yards of roll out depending on ground conditions.

Now getting there will take you fixing your swing, but just give you some idea with the numbers.

As for fixing your swing, got to get rid of coming over the top. Also got to learn how to hit up on the ball with the driver.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3724 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!