IGNORED

Lee Westwood leaves Sean Foley

Deryck Griffith
Note: This thread is 3711 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Aren't we all on this forum to debate our thoughts?  Opinions?  Heck, we are all crazy golf fans and when two high profile people split after a short time, it's interesting and somewhat fun to speculate on what happened.

Oh please, don't mind me. I just find it absolutely hilarious. The extent of some of the speculations on the site either show comedic genius, or lack of critical reasoning. You are also correct, we are all crazy golf fans

Nike Covert 2.0 10.5* with Fujikura Motore F3 Stiff Flex
Nike Covert 2.0 3 Wood 15* Kuro Kage X-stiff 71g
Nike Covert 2.0 21* 3 hybrid Kuro Kage X-stiff 85g
Nike VR Pro Combo CB 4--PW
Nike VR Pro forged 50, 56, 58
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

Unnecessary and childish comment. If you want to have a discussion about Sean Foley, fine, but let's not resort to name calling.

Also, the assertion that I would get "butt hurt" over how you feel about someone I've never met is completely absurd. I was merely pointing out that it's not polite to make assumptions of people.

Just relax bud

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland: CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

I was confused. I was thinking Westwood was working with Chuck Cook? But then realized it was Luke Donald who wanted to work with Foley, but Foley said he was fully loaded and recommended Luke to work with Chuck. Carryon.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Total personality mismatch from the get-go.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

I was confused. I was thinking Westwood was working with Chuck Cook? But then realized it was Luke Donald who wanted to work with Foley, but Foley said he was fully loaded and recommended Luke to work with Chuck. Carryon.

Maybe there's room for Luke on Foley's camp now.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Sounds like Butch Harmon would be a good fit.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Lee Westwood can dead lift 300lbs and it's part of his regimen,I doubt Bobby Jones,Hogan ,Nicklaus,and other greats worked on that.

"There is no reason to listen to me. I am merely voicing my opinion on certain aspects of golf mechanics that I have experimented with along with others I have read about and watched." - freedrop, on himself [Source]

User was banned February 22, 2014 for multiple violations.

Lee Westwood can dead lift 300lbs and it's part of his regimen,I doubt Bobby Jones,Hogan ,Nicklaus,and other greats worked on that.

And this ties into the thread how? Did he ditch Foley because he wasn't heavy enough?

• Upvote 1

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

And this ties into the thread how? Did he ditch Foley because he wasn't heavy enough?

I think it points out a confusion of priorities.

"There is no reason to listen to me. I am merely voicing my opinion on certain aspects of golf mechanics that I have experimented with along with others I have read about and watched." - freedrop, on himself [Source]

Maybe he just didn't want to buy Foley a Valentines Card & Gift.

We've all dumped someone one the run in to Valentines day for that very reason....haven't we??? :8);-)

Personally, I thought it was a bit of a mismatch.

I don't know the details, but when I see Westwood, I see a Feel Player, and well, Foley isn't quite a Feel Coach is he.

I think it points out a confusion of priorities.

TROLL!!!!!

Seriously get out from under that bridge there :-D

It doesn't. He just can't think of anything substantial to add to the argument, but he craves attention so he Trolls. He has major self esteem issues, probably due to some latent daddy issues.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

TROLL!!!!!

Seriously get out from under that bridge there

It doesn't. He just can't think of anything substantial to add to the argument, but he craves attention so he Trolls. He has major self esteem issues, probably due to some latent daddy issues.

saevel125......maybe a bit over the top with this comment....not really on topic.

saevel125......maybe a bit over the top with this comment....not really on topic.

Nah :-D

edit,

OK probably a little. Seriously man, stop trolling. Think about what you are posting, and before you hit the SUBMIT button. think to yourself, "Is this making me look stupid".

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

I think it can be argued that Rose, Mahan and woods have benefited someway from Foley, or at least have improved their game under his tutelage. Westwood I don't believe had improved at all! Sure golfers have ups and downs but Lee has been in a slump for awhile. Why not sack him if you aren't seeing the improvements you want?

- Jered

Nah

edit,

OK probably a little. Seriously man, stop trolling. Think about what you are posting, and before you hit the SUBMIT button. think to yourself, "Is this making me look stupid".

saevel125....I have been informed by PM that this is a groupthink forum so your comment does not surprise me....very much appreciate it however

• Administrator
saevel125....I have been informed by PM that this is a groupthink forum so your comment does not surprise me....very much appreciate it however

Free thought and the rampant questioning of things is encouraged here. However, do not confuse "rampant questioning" with plain old ignorance, which seems to be your specialty. "Groupthink" does not apply when there is a "best answer" and it definitely doesn't apply when there's a BAD answer and people jump in to refute it. Any further off-topic posts will be deleted, and the poster placed in the penalty box.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I think it can be argued that Rose, Mahan and woods have benefited someway from Foley, or at least have improved their game under his tutelage. Westwood I don't believe had improved at all! Sure golfers have ups and downs but Lee has been in a slump for awhile. Why not sack him if you aren't seeing the improvements you want?

Yea, but six months is an awfully short period of time. I'm not sure what Westwood's expectations were, or how quickly pros can adjust their games when they work with new coaches, but I'm not sure he really gave it a chance. Like I said previously, it seems like the two are just on different pages, and the relationship was doomed from the start.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Westwood was with Sean for only  7 months. Geeze, this isn't that big of a deal. Honestly, lee was a pretty good ball striker to being with. His putting is what let him down.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Note: This thread is 3711 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!