IGNORED

Iron Advice Please HELP!

Note: This thread is 3692 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey. Im looking into getting new irons however I LOVE my current ones. I use Mizuno T Zoid Pro 2 currently however it has come the time to replace as they are very very tired. I had these irons for years and really get on with them. I would like to find a new set very similar just a little more forgiving. I get great shots with these when i hit them perfect however i loose a fair distance if i dont. I have only recently taken golf back up. Any Advice??? Thanks in advance

It sounds like you are looking for a players club with a bit more forgiveness. Lucky for you there are a lot of choices in this space right now.

Personally I really like my ping s56's and have heard the the new s55 are a bit more forgiving.

I have seen a lot of guys with titilest ap2's. My brother plays with an older set of these and likes them.

Before buying the pings last year I hit the cobra amp cell pro's and liked them a lot.

I played with a guy who was in love with his nike pro combos.

There has been a lot of good things written about the new Calloway apex pro's.

If you are willing to go a little off the beaten path check out the fg series of irons from wilson golf. Wilson was at the top of my list last year but when it came time to buy being a lefty I couldn't find any where with what I wanted to hit in the fitting cart. After buying the pings I did find a place with the heads in the cart. If I didn't already buy the pings the wilsons would be in my bag.

Hmm, the design looks interesting.

Basically any modern clubs is going to be more forgiving than those irons. They look very bladish.

probably a good club for you is Ping i20's. Very solid club. Callaway makes some good clubs as well.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Same here, loving my Taylormade CB's, but just about get a change, and don't know whether to go to titleist CB's or AP2's, or to stick with these. I say go talk to your local pro and get a training session and after, ask for some advice on which would benefit your game more. goodluck.

I played T-Zoids (pros then pro-IIs) for 11 years. Loved them. I switched to Mizuno MP-57, a forged cavity, and never had the same love. Try the AP2s. They have that same solid feel I loved from the T-Zoid pros, but more forgiving--particularly on thin and toe mis-hits.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

What about the Mizuno JPX line,

JPX 825-pro is a very solid club. Slightly larger clubheads, a bit more perimeter weighting, but still little enough off set and thing top line to really look blade-ish.

Not sure about the EZ clubs. The EZ forged as a bit more offset, and a few stronger lofts on the high end of clubs.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

what ever you do don't buy off the rack.what ever brand you go with you will get much better results from something that is custom fit.

i play something i built for myself much better than the other off the rack sets i've purchased in the past.

You've got to hit the new Mizunos if you are a Mizuno guy.

JPX Pros are great. I have the 800's and the 825 get praise enough that some suggest upgrading. I wanted even more distance control on partial swings and also have a set of MP 53's. They are my regular playing clubs. The 54's are supposed to be great as well. Since the 54's are just out, if you found a set of 53's that fit you, I think you'd get great value and be in love all over again.

I think there are amazing good clubs out there. So much has improved in the last 10+ years. I stumbled into Mizunos when demoing Adams. What I found has made me an irrationally loyal Mizuno guy -- maybe for life.

Russ - Student of the Moe Norman swing as taught by the pros at - http://moenormangolf.com

Titleist 910 D3 8.5* w/ Project X shaft/ Titleist 910F 15* w/ Project X shaft

Cobra Baffler 20* & 23* hybrids with Accra hybrid shafts

Mizuno MP-53 irons 5Iron-PW AeroTech i95 shafts stiff and soft stepped once/Mizuno MP T-11 50.6/56.10/MP T10 60*

Seemore PCB putter with SuperStroke 3.0

Srixon 2012 Z-Star yellow balls/ Iomic Sticky 2.3, X-Evolution grips/Titleist Lightweight Cart Bag---

extra/alternate clubs: Mizunos JPX-800 Pro 5-GW with Project X 5.0 soft-stepped shafts

Hey. Im looking into getting new irons however I LOVE my current ones. I use Mizuno T Zoid Pro 2 currently however it has come the time to replace as they are very very tired. I had these irons for years and really get on with them. I would like to find a new set very similar just a little more forgiving. I get great shots with these when i hit them perfect however i loose a fair distance if i dont. I have only recently taken golf back up. Any Advice??? Thanks in advance

I was in your same situation 2 years ago, I had played the mizuno tzoid pros for 11 years and loved them! I switched to mizuno 58s I think, and they were just not the same. After a season of the 58s, I took a chance and played the Maltby TE forged irons. I sold the mizunos and am hooked on the TEs. They have a very clean top line, consistent offset of .100 throughout the set, and the sweet spot feels huge!

In The Bag
Wishon 919 Driver 9.5
Wishon 4W 16.5
Wishon  21 degree hybrid
Sterling SL 6 - SW
Seemore CS FGP

Would recommend you take a look at the PING S55's, Titleist AP2's or Callaway Apex Pro irons.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Would recommend you take a look at the PING S55's, Titleist AP2's or Callaway Apex Pro irons.

Mike, did you get to hit the new s55's at the show? What did you think?

Michael

The Wilson FG Tour V2's is a beautiful iron set. Beautiful, cutting butter feel, nice weight balance, and they have a nice finish as well. Check them out.

In The Bag:

Driver: None

3 Wood: None

5 Wood: Bobby Jones by Jesse Ortiz

2 Iron: Spalding Top Flite 73

4-PW: Giga Golf C510 Pursuit

60 Degree Wedge by Titleist 

Putter: Wilson Harmonized Augusta

Ball: Slazenger Raw Distance Feel

Note: This thread is 3692 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!