IGNORED

TST SoCal Spring 2014 Outing - May 4, 2014 @ Black Gold Golf Club (Yorba Linda, CA)

Lihu
Note: This thread is 3637 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What course should we hold this outing at?

• Red Hawk (Temecula)
    • Temecula Creek Inn (Temecula)
    • Black Gold (Yorba Linda)
    • Other (Please specify in post)

So, are we settled on Quatro de Mayo?

Yup... looks that way...

We just gotta figure out the course. Top choices right now appear to be Red Hawk in Temecula and Black Gold in Yorba Linda.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I can make it if it's in Temecula. Won't be able to do Yorba Linda.

TaylorMade 2016 M2 10.5°
Callaway Rogue 17°, 21°
Mizuno MP-4 (4-PW)
Bettinardi H2 50°, 54°, 58° Wedges
Scotty Cameron 2014 Select Newport 2
Titleist Pro V1

Yup... looks that way... We just gotta figure out the course. Top choices right now appear to be Red Hawk in Temecula and Black Gold in Yorba Linda.

How is Black Gold? I think I played it New Year's Day... 2008 maybe? My main memory was the greens sounding like a tennis court when a ball hit them on the fly. That could have been my imagination. I think it's the first place I ever holed out from a bunker, albeit for a double bogey. I'm going to try to make it -- I just put it on my calendar, and May 4 is quite convenient for me.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

How is Black Gold?

Haven't played it, which is part of the reason I'm hoping to go there.....
Anyone else???

"If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf."

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shindig

How is Black Gold?

Haven't played it, which is part of the reason I'm hoping to go there.....

Anyone else???

I'm up for Yorba Linda. Less committing distance-wise, and it does look very nice.

@jefkve want to play it before the outing, once?

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I would vote for Black Gold as well.  (I also have never played there)

Do you want to go with me, Kaili and @jefkve for a mini-outing to scout things out for everyone?

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Do you want to go with me, Kaili and @jefkve for a mini-outing to scout things out for everyone?

Sure!

All I've heard about that place so far is that it can be challenging, expecially in the afternoon when its windy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lihu

Sure!

All I've heard about that place so far is that it can be challenging, expecially in the afternoon when its windy.

Great, it would be fun. We should plan a time. PM me and @jefkve and anyone else interested?

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

It's a good idea to play Black Gold at least once before you strap it up in a tournament. The course isn't too long, but it's challenging track with LOTS of approaches to elevated greens. As for the greens themselves, you're going to have a few putts or chips that do the exact opposite of what you think they will. Playing it once is worth at least 3-4 strokes your next time out.

Great, it would be fun. We should plan a time. PM me and @jefkve and anyone else interested?

Justin and I are, he is playing it with his school two or three times but I am sure he would want to go.

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

I'm interested

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Quote:

Great, it would be fun. We should plan a time. PM me and @jefkve

and anyone else interested?

I'm interested

So far we have for the mini sc(outing):

1) @Golfingdad

2) @hacker101 +1

3) Lihu +1

4) @Shindig

Any more takers to get two foursomes?

When can we all do this?

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

1) @Golfingdad

2) @hacker101 +1

3) Lihu +1

4) @Shindig

When can we all do this?

In for two week, looks like this weekend is out.

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

1) @Golfingdad

2) @hacker101 +1

3) Lihu +1

4) @Shindig

When can we all do this?

I'm a super tentative maybe. Bad month as this weekend is my birthday....Will really depend on when....

"If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf."

Quote:

1) @Golfingdad

2) @hacker101 +1

3) Lihu +1

4) @Shindig

When can we all do this?

I'm a super tentative maybe. Bad month as this weekend is my birthday....Will really depend on when....

Whenever you like. It's your birthday.

Check if they have a free round or discounted one on your birthday.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Already playing Tustin Ranch on my D-day (Friday) and Mile Square on Sunday with some friends....

Already playing Tustin Ranch on my D-day (Friday)

Your Dirthday???

Or should we be worried that you are getting ready to mount a full scale invasion (hopefully to free Orange County from the tyranny of high greens fees)?? :-P

PS. @Lihu and @hacker101 you guys should probably plan just a 4some ... it's going to be tough for me, now that I think about it.  This weekend I'm playing Saturday and Monday.  The 16th I have a tournament, the 22nd I'm already committed to golf, and after that I'm booked for a couple of weeks for kids birthdays.  I like to sneak out of work in the afternoon sometimes during the week ... but Yorba is too far for that.  I think I'll just have to make 5/4 my first trip out there and rely on Google Maps and Aimpoint. :)

Note: This thread is 3637 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!