IGNORED

PGA Tour new website - love it or hate it?

tmac20
Note: This thread is 3544 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What do you think about the new http://www.pgatour.com/ ?

• Hate it.
    • Love it.
    • It's okay.

You can still access the old version: www.legacy.pgatour.com

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Not a huge fan yet, but I saw an Ian Poulter ad for the new site that cracked me up. Not sure I can embed the video here from my phone but the link above should work.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

The font is a complete and utter abomination. I have no idea how anyone in the business of website design could even consider using such a font. It's like they don't want people to read the articles. If I want to read anything, I'll have to copy the entire thing into Word or something.

Is there somewhere I can complain about this? Surely I must not be the only one reacting to the font selection. Using a proper font is a big deal on the Internet, and everyone making websites should know this.

I'm not a big fan of the rest of the layout either. I miss the upper right box with news and stuff. Now I'll have to scroll and click and look at lots of large pictures to find any news.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

• 2 months later...

Wow, talk about a major step backwards,this web site truly sucks.  I no longer go to it if I want score updates, I just go to ESPN and get the info.

It is so cluttered and confusing it feels like you just can't go anywhere quickly onit.  I "hate it'.

The font is a complete and utter abomination. I have no idea how anyone in the business of website design could even consider using such a font. It's like they don't want people to read the articles. If I want to read anything, I'll have to copy the entire thing into Word or something. Is there somewhere I can complain about this? Surely I must not be the only one reacting to the font selection. Using a proper font is a big deal on the Internet, and everyone making websites should know this. I'm not a big fan of the rest of the layout either. I miss the upper right box with news and stuff. Now I'll have to scroll and click and look at lots of large pictures to find any news.

I know this post is a few months old, but I agree with @Zeph more and more. It's really annoying that I have to scroll down more than my display's height just to get to the actual content. I also don't like having to use the drop down menu when I have the window at half size on my laptop (or even full size if I want Stats). I'm not sure if it actually is harder to find content, but it sure as hell feels like it. I get lost much more often, and the entire website seems very convoluted. It used to not look as flashy, but at least it was straightforward. There's a lot of white space now that requires tons of scrolling. I'm certainly not a web designer so I have no idea what they were going for (or than the fact that web design seems to be going towards more pictures, more sans serif fonts), but as a user I can definitely tell you the website is much harder and more annoying to navigate.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

• 1 month later...

Really, really, do not like the PGA Tour website. I think it is a horrible user experience, particularly on a mobile device. I started using ESPN golf and find that to be fine for my needs. Found that I was not going to PGA Tour's site much at all and eventually deleted it from my favorites. Haven't used it in some time now.

Note: This thread is 3544 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!