IGNORED

2014 Accenture Match Play Championship

Crim
Note: This thread is 3712 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Crim, I see on your pairing chart that you picked D.J. to win, too bad he's gone..what an upset.

I'm pulling for Hunter M. to win it..being he was a local guy.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Crim, I see on your pairing chart that you picked D.J. to win, too bad he's gone..what an upset.

Right!?

DJ played horrible today. Hard to believe considering how he's played recently...i mean come on....

Recent tournaments Position Total To Par Winnings
Oct 31
WGC-HSBC Champ
$1,400,000
Jan 3
Hyundai Tourn
T6
$198,750
Feb 6
Pebble Beach
T2
$580,800
Feb 13
Northern Trust
271 -13 $723,600
Feb 19
WGC Match Play
CUT

perhaps 3 tournaments in a row is his max...

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

Well, at least D.J. made some good  $$$ for 3 months of work. As you said, maybe to much playing in a short period of time is the downfall of his poor playing. he will need to change that, unless he has a short schedule this year.

Well there goes my bracket. What a mess. Upset central. Hanson, Sterne, Fowler, Reed. My lord

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland: CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

Well there goes my bracket. What a mess. Upset central. Hanson, Sterne, Fowler, Reed. My lord

I would agree about upset central, however Golf Central confirmed that this year now has the record for least upsets in the first round ever...I believe it was 9.

23 out of 32 matches went just the way the rankings had them going.

Joel Holden

I would agree about upset central, however Golf Central confirmed that this year now has the record for least upsets in the first round ever...I believe it was 9.

23 out of 32 matches went just the way the rankings had them going.

Yeah I just saw that too. Kinda crazy. Looking forward to the Fowler/Walker and Rory/English matchups tomorrow. Should be some good golf. Justin Rose seems like he has a decent route to go far in this as long as he can beat Ernie tomorrow. Didnt really like how Spieth played today.

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland: CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

Yeah I just saw that too. Kinda crazy. Looking forward to the Fowler/Walker and Rory/English matchups tomorrow. Should be some good golf. Justin Rose seems like he has a decent route to go far in this as long as he can beat Ernie tomorrow. Didnt really like how Spieth played today.

Indeed, to be honest I'm not even a big Fowler fan I just kind of feel bad for the kid. He's gotten so much more serious over the last year because he knows he's not playing well. Walker is an animal right now, not much else to say.

As usual, my fingers will be crossed for Graeme against the young Matsuyama.

I've been really enjoying keeping tabs on Victor as well. I wish they'd show him more.  He's a complete player.

Joel Holden

Rory is a good kid, I call him a kid, cuz at 65, anyone under 30 is a kid to me..lol

I wasn't a fan of his until this year, he does a bunch of good stuff for those less fortunate.

So, yeah should be some great golf tomorrow. hope my man Hunter gets it done.

I saw that brain fart by Kuch! LOL. He was so relaxed all day, he played pretty well.

So stoked for tomorrow's rounds! Some amazing match-ups. Extra excited for Rory vs English and Sergio vs Haas.

9:20 AM

ESP Sergio Garcia

USA Bill Haas

9:32 AM

USA Rickie Fowler

USA Jimmy Walker

9:44 AM

SWE Peter Hanson

FRA Victor Dubuisson

9:56 AM

USA Bubba Watson

SWE Jonas Blixt

10:08 AM

AUS Jason Day

USA Billy Horschel

10:20 AM

RSA George Coetzee

USA Patrick Reed

10:32 AM

USA Matt Kuchar

USA Ryan Moore

10:44 AM

USA Jordan Spieth

DEN Thomas Bjorn

10:56 AM

NIR Rory McIlroy

USA Harris English

11:08 AM

RSA Charl Schwartzel

USA Jim Furyk

11:20 AM

RSA Richard Sterne

USA Hunter Mahan

11:32 AM

NIR Graeme McDowell

JPN Hideki Matsuyama

11:44 AM

SWE Henrik Stenson

RSA Louis Oosthuizen

11:56 AM

USA Brandt Snedeker

USA Webb Simpson

12:08 PM

ENG Justin Rose

RSA Ernie Els

12:20 PM

USA Jason Dufner

ITA Matteo Manassero

well, i had reed. and that was it. to me, fowler was the biggest surprise. i guess working with butch, and getting a butch, has worked wonders so far.

Anybody see Kuchar forget to replace his ball mark on 15? He had a big enough lead that he ended up winning anyway but what a brain fart!

I'm fairly certain that Weisberger knew all along that Kuchar forgot to re-mark. Kinda petty, IMO. He has no obligation, I know, but I always remind my opponent, since I am the one who asked him to move it in the first place.

Bill M

I ended up going 24-8. Sometimes it pays to go with the obvious choices :-D (except for YOU...DJ....)

I'm ready for the 2nd round!

Joel Holden

I have a group of 4 guys I regularly pull for: Adam Scott, Jason Dufner, Webb Simpson, and Luke Donald. Scotty's my favorite but he's not in the field and Luke got knocked out so I am pulling for Dufner and Simpson. I hope one of them makes a run.

So Rory hits a shot and a fan jumps out the way right into a Cactus???? You can see the damage at the 1:30 mark...........no bueno

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

Rory's reaction was priceless. I wish there was video of the guy falling into the cactus. And LOL at all the people just pulling out knives on the course.

Joel Holden

Note: This thread is 3712 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!