IGNORED

Who is @freedrop

Note: This thread is 3689 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My credentials are the same as any other non-pro who posts his opinions on this forum.

Then you are admitting that your knowledge base is solely that of golf magazines and what professional golfers think might be happening. Cause that is all you posted.

I honestly don't mind you going into My Swing threads and asking questions, great way to learn. I go through a lot of Mike and Erik post in other swing threads to gain insight that might benefit my game and knowledge.

What I do mind is you going around quoting incorrect knowledge. Search through the Swing Thoughts area on the forum, almost all of your preconceived notions of what you think happens in a golf swing will be changed. Majority of all tips are basically false or promote misinformation.

So, you can either be a sheep following those who are wrong, or you can think for yourself.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Then you are admitting that your knowledge base is solely that of golf magazines and what professional golfers think might be happening. Cause that is all you posted.

I honestly don't mind you going into My Swing threads and asking questions, great way to learn. I go through a lot of Mike and Erik post in other swing threads to gain insight that might benefit my game and knowledge.

What I do mind is you going around quoting incorrect knowledge. Search through the Swing Thoughts area on the forum, almost all of your preconceived notions of what you think happens in a golf swing will be changed. Majority of all tips are basically false or promote misinformation.

So, you can either be a sheep following those who are wrong, or you can think for yourself.

saevel125.....are you a golf pro?

"There is no reason to listen to me. I am merely voicing my opinion on certain aspects of golf mechanics that I have experimented with along with others I have read about and watched." - freedrop, on himself [Source]

User was banned February 22, 2014 for multiple violations.

You can't take every chance you get to feed everyone misinformation and then fault them for believing you. Just because you're quoting others doesn't mean you're not responsible for what comes out of your mouth. If you did it once in a while it would be no problem, but you post ignorantly and don't acknowledge when you're proven wrong. Then instead of learning from it you keep repeating the behavior.

@iacas and the other instructors, I am somewhat skeptical of anyone, regardless of skill level or background. Since you have always been able to back up your claims with facts to my satisfaction and you make an effort to get things right and communicated correctly, people respect that. Had you not backed everything up, even if your information was the same, I might not hit up with my driver in an inline pattern, I'd probably aim at the flag a lot more, and I doubt my shot cones would be looking good. You also tend not to post information about things you know nothing about just for kicks.

Post less, lurk more. Consider reading some of the informative and well written threads on the subject of the golf swing. Which have been posted numerous times in response to your comments to help you.

• Upvote 2

In My Bag:

Adams Super LS 9.5˚ driver, Aldila Phenom NL 65TX
Adams Super LS 15˚ fairway, Kusala black 72x
Adams Super LS 18˚ fairway, Aldila Rip'd NV 75TX
Adams Idea pro VST hybrid, 21˚, RIP Alpha 105x
Adams DHY 24˚, RIP Alpha 89x
5-PW Maltby TE irons, KBS C taper X, soft stepped once 130g
Mizuno T4, 54.9 KBS Wedge X
Mizuno R12 60.5, black nickel, KBS Wedge X
Odyssey Metal X #1 putter 
Bridgestone E5, Adidas samba bag, True Linkswear Stealth

saevel125.....are you a golf pro?

No I am not. I am a 6.7 handicap golfer who has been on this forum for close to 4 years now (wow i feel old :dance: ). I started out similar to you, not as closed minded. I came in with preconceived notions of what should happen in a golf swing. I go thoroughly demolished by Erik and those who knew what was going on. Believe me I had a few battles here and there, but you can't beat video, you can't beat stats. So I EVOLVED my mindset to what has been presented to me.

You can either sit back quote Hogan, quote the golf channel, quote what ever you think is true, or you can open your mind. You can actually take the initiative and go read up on some very informative threads on this forum, and learn something.

• Upvote 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

Mine is not the only voice outside of the admin. that is offering advice.I assume I am addressing thinking golf informed adults.If they don't like what I write ignore it.

@freedrop To me, it is like you came to play football with barely watching it on tv but you read a book on famous "football quotes" and use them in nonsensical ways to attempt to reaffirm your points or...... you are just here to aggravate people because you have been kicked from multiple forums... In the past you would have been lamb basted for acting like an idiot with a high HC. I must have missed that part of portion of your career here.

Anyway @Phil McGleno gets highly irritated with ignorance and provides good input on here so he does have credibility. I suggest you do something I learned in 8th grade, don't open your mouth if you are just going to say something stupid or unhelpful.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

No I am not. I am a 6.7 handicap golfer who has been on this forum for close to 4 years now (wow i feel old ). I started out similar to you, not as closed minded. I came in with preconceived notions of what should happen in a golf swing. I go thoroughly demolished by Erik and those who knew what was going on. Believe me I had a few battles here and there, but you can't beat video, you can't beat stats. So I EVOLVED my mindset to what has been presented to me.

You can either sit back quote Hogan, quote the golf channel, quote what ever you think is true, or you can open your mind. You can actually take the initiative and go read up on some very informative threads on this forum, and learn something.

ok so you have no credentials other than the golf philosophy you have chosen to follow, imparting  it at great length using photos of tour pros as you did with SMOOTHY on the "my swing" thread.I will ask you the same question iacas asked me-why should anyone listen to you and beyond that why would your golf philosophy be more worthy than mine.

"There is no reason to listen to me. I am merely voicing my opinion on certain aspects of golf mechanics that I have experimented with along with others I have read about and watched." - freedrop, on himself [Source]

@freedrop To me, it is like you came to play football with barely watching it on tv but you read a book on famous "football quotes" and use them in nonsensical ways to attempt to reaffirm your points or...... you are just here to aggravate people because you have been kicked from multiple forums... In the past you would have been lamb basted for acting like an idiot with a high HC. I must have missed that part of portion of your career here.

Anyway @Phil McGleno  gets highly irritated with ignorance and provides good input on here so he does have credibility. I suggest you do something I learned in 8th grade, don't open your mouth if you are just going to say something stupid or unhelpful.

Valleygolfer....none of the "my swing" posters whose swings I have commented on have said my views were of less value to them than any other opinions rendered.I did not comment on yours so why are you attempting to speak for others.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valleygolfer

Anyway @Phil McGleno  gets highly irritated with ignorance and provides good input on here so he does have credibility. I suggest you do something I learned in 8th grade, don't open your mouth if you are just going to say something stupid or unhelpful.

Valleygolfer....none of the "my swing" posters whose swings I have commented on have said my views were of less value to them than any other opinions rendered.I did not comment on yours so why are you attempting to speak for others.

Not speaking for others, just observing behavior. I know how the forum works.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

I got a PM from someone that suggested I make it a "rule" that you have to have a "My Swing" thread before you can give advice. I haven't replied yet (soon! I promise!) but I generally don't care for that because I know of a few good instructors - @david_wedzik would be one such example - who would be restricted from posting by such a rule (I am kind of a stickler about applying rules as evenly as possible).

This is a good idea, but, unfortunately does not exclude the likes of me from giving "advice". :whistle:

Plus, I have seen videos of @david_wedzik , and he is really good. I tried to emulate his stack and tilt demonstration and almost dislocated a hip while attempting it about 6 months ago. It would also be nice to see more of the instructors have MySwing threads.

On the other hand, there are plenty of low handicappers who give fantastic advice without a Swing Thread. Although, I would really like to see their swings from which to glean some experience.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

ok so you have no credentials other than the golf philosophy you have chosen to follow, imparting  it at great length using photos of tour pros as you did with SMOOTHY on the "my swing" thread.I will ask you the same question iacas asked me-why should anyone listen to you and beyond that why would your golf philosophy be more worthy than mine.

Very simple:  Because he explains what he posts.  (And, not to mention, a history of solid posting, which carries a lot of weight towards ones credibility.  You should take note of that.)

If one guys tells me "You need to keep your right knee bent," and I ask why, and he responds by saying "because famous tour pro said so."  Then another guy says "Actually, you are better off allowing it to straighten" and then proceeds to follow it up with a detailed explanation as to why it allows for a better pivot, allows me to stay on plane, etc, etc, and adds to it pictures or videos of tour pros (very likely including the very one that the first guy quoted clearly demonstrating that he doesn't practice what he preaches) then I'm going to give guy #2's advice quite a bit more credit.

By the way, every defensive post that comes up from you actually lowers your (already low) credibility because it just confirms that you have no interest in ackowledging any other opinions, or considering that what you may "know" right now could be wrong.  You are stubborn and unwilling to admit that you don't know what you don't know .

• Upvote 2

Because I have been here longer than you and know a lot of the people on the forum. Its called building trust. Event though my help is not as in depth as Erik's or Mikes, I will still give instruction when I can, but only if it is with in my ability to describe what should be going on. If not then I will instruct that person to a certain thread, or let Erik or Mike take up the charge of instruction. Basically I know my knowledge and my capabilities.

You do not. You take what ever you read, not understanding it. By understanding I mean, knowing why something happens, what is causing it, and how to fix it. You just go in a thread and throw around tips hap haphazardly.

Also, because I have taken lessons from Erik, and know first hand that his method work. I read practically ever thread on instruction in this forum. I watched video proof of what happens. I can see the 5 keys working for PGA tour professionals, and also working for me. Basically my knowledge is that of this forum. It gives me enough knowledge to instruct golfers on some basic level. I can explain what is going on, why it goes on. You can not.

To equate it to something similar. If golf was a reading level, you are in 1st grade and I am in college. You read and remember, yet you can not comprehend. I read, remember, comprehend, and expand on ideas. See the difference. My posting history backs me up.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Quote:

Originally Posted by saevel25

No I am not. I am a 6.7 handicap golfer who has been on this forum for close to 4 years now (wow i feel old ). I started out similar to you, not as closed minded. I came in with preconceived notions of what should happen in a golf swing. I go thoroughly demolished by Erik and those who knew what was going on. Believe me I had a few battles here and there, but you can't beat video, you can't beat stats. So I EVOLVED my mindset to what has been presented to me.

Wait a minute, he has experienced very specific improvements in his swing from professionally given advice on this site with associated drills and/or lessons.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Because I have been here longer than you and know a lot of the people on the forum. Its called building trust. Event though my help is not as in depth as Erik's or Mikes, I will still give instruction when I can, but only if it is with in my ability to describe what should be going on. If not then I will instruct that person to a certain thread, or let Erik or Mike take up the charge of instruction. Basically I know my knowledge and my capabilities.

You do not. You take what ever you read, not understanding it. By understanding I mean, knowing why something happens, what is causing it, and how to fix it. You just go in a thread and throw around tips hap haphazardly.

Also, because I have taken lessons from Erik, and know first hand that his method work. I read practically ever thread on instruction in this forum. I watched video proof of what happens. I can see the 5 keys working for PGA tour professionals, and also working for me. Basically my knowledge is that of this forum. It gives me enough knowledge to instruct golfers on some basic level. I can explain what is going on, why it goes on. You can not.

To equate it to something similar. If golf was a reading level, you are in 1st grade and I am in college. You read and remember, yet you can not comprehend. I read, remember, comprehend, and expand on ideas. See the difference. My posting history backs me up.

I don't happen to agree that your golf instruction is helpful ....in other words similar to how you feel about mine.

It must be a coincidence that so many guys that are now single digit players around here have learned from this site and from Erik and Mike right?

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

To expand on this:

The extra benefit from having a swing thread and getting comments on it from guys like Matt, Jason, Nathan, Shawn, Constantine, David, Rich, and several others whose names are not at the tip of my tongue, is that we all recognize that we're "in this together."  A lot of us are working on similar things and a comment from one of them might be worded such that it resonates better for a particular piece than the way it was originally explained.

We like to help each other, bounce ideas off each other, and generally learn as much as we can. we also root for everybody else to get as good as they possibly can.

Not just regurgitate something we read somewhere once that may not even make sense.

I don't happen to agree that your golf instruction is helpful ....in other words similar to how you feel about mine.

Ok I will just do it!

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

In other words instead of being able to back your opinion with logic and fact, you try to label me as similar to you. Try to find some common ground just to discredit me. Here's the problem. My opinion holds more merit than yours. You already proven you can't think past the words that are written in a golf magazine. Every time someone asks you a question, you can't answer it.

Honestly your attempts here are pathetic. If you are going to play this game, you are going to have to out think me, but that is already proven an impossibility.

It must be a coincidence that so many guys that are now single digit players around here have learned from this site and from Erik and Mike right?

:dance:

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

I am sure that is true ,but are Erik and Mike the only golf pros in the world having success ?Are there no other methods than their's?

Note: This thread is 3689 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!