IGNORED

Pebble Beach Trip

Philly+15
Note: This thread is 1132 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Pebble is once in a lifetime and in my opinion worth it once. The course will have a great deal of familiarity for you because you have probably seen so many of the holes. Someone earlier recommended the Lodge and you will need to stay there, but again, for this once in a lifetime type deal it is worth it. Spyglass is overrated in my opinion. I highly recommend waiting and paying the twilight rate. The first 6 holes are really really good, but many of the holes on the back are sort of ho hum. So you pay less and if you don't finish no matter because you got to play the first 6.

I like Spanish Bay because it is a little different, something unique.

Poppy Hills is under construction. Not sure when it is done, but the pictures they send us in the NCGA magazine make it look pretty nice.

I also recommend Bayonet.

• Upvote 1

Michael

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 7 months later...
OK, Well I started this thread back in the beginning of February, and the time is upon us!!! We leave on Saturday! We are flying into San Fran and playing TPC Harding Park, Saturday afternoon then driving to San Jose. We will be staying in San Jose Saturday night and Sunday night..... going to the Eagles vs. 49ers game on Sunday afternoon. Then heading to Pacific Cove Monday and checking in at the Resort at Pebble on Monday night. We will be playing Spanish Bay on Tuesday, Spy Glass on Wednesday, and Pebble on Thursday! Thank you all very much for the info you provided. I'll be sure to post an "after trip" summary and a ton of pics. Thanks again!

IN MY 

2014 :titleist: Lightweight Cart BAG:

DRIVER: :titleist: 913D2
3&5 Wood:  :titleist: 913F

HYBRIDS: :ping: G20 20* 
IRONS: :tmade: 09 Burners 4-PW
WEDGES: :vokey: 52 & 56*

PUTTER: :ping: 

Have fun.  Take pictures.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Don't know if this still applies, but if you don't want to appear too touristy, do not use "San Fran" (or Frisco) when you are there ... It is "the City" or "San Francisco."

To those living in/near the City, does this still apply?

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

As a die hard eagles fan, I'm going to use whatever will annoy the he'll out of the locals the most...... SO FRISCO IT IS!!! Thanks for the heads up!!! =-O

IN MY 

As a die hard eagles fan, I'm going to use whatever will annoy the he'll out of the locals the most...... SO FRISCO IT IS!!! Thanks for the heads up!!! =-O

I am certain they will treat you accordingly.

Why do some people equate football with everything else? As if other people care. It's so obnoxious and irrelevant. :whistle:

:-D

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

I don't think that's what he meant ... he's not saying it would annoy anybody, he's just saying they don't use those terms so you will just identify yourself more easily as a tourist.  That's all.  Same is true if you use the term "Cali."  Nobody around here says that, so if I hear it, I'll assume they're from elsewhere.  That's all.

Please be sure to follow through on your promise of lots of pictures!!  We are thoroughly jealous!!

I am certain they will treat you accordingly. Why do some people equate football with everything else? As if other people care. It's so obnoxious and irrelevant.:whistle: :-D

Hey, he is going to the game. Some good natured annoying of the locals is in order. :) Especially since his team has a legit chance to beat the 49rs at home. Btw. That sounds like an awesome week!

• Upvote 1

Respectfully,

Hey, he is going to the game. Some good natured annoying of the locals is in order. :)

Especially since his team has a legit chance to beat the 49rs at home.

Btw. That sounds like an awesome week!

Oh, I forgot... the East meets the West this year.

49'ers in disarray at the moment; and the Eagles are very fortunate so far...

• Upvote 1

Just some good hearted banter!! But, I'll be sure to take a bunch of pics.

IN MY 

Dude, have a great time. To say that I'm jealous would be a ridiculous understatement.

Take a ton of pictures!!! How's your Dad feeling about it? :-D

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

OK, Well I started this thread back in the beginning of February, and the time is upon us!!! We leave on Saturday! We are flying into San Fran and playing TPC Harding Park, Saturday afternoon then driving to San Jose. We will be staying in San Jose Saturday night and Sunday night..... going to the Eagles vs. 49ers game on Sunday afternoon. Then heading to Pacific Cove Monday and checking in at the Resort at Pebble on Monday night. We will be playing Spanish Bay on Tuesday, Spy Glass on Wednesday, and Pebble on Thursday! Thank you all very much for the info you provided. I'll be sure to post an "after trip" summary and a ton of pics. Thanks again!

Wow, sounds like a great trip!

I live in the SF Bay area and haven't done any of those things yet.  Assume you're bringing a TON of $$$ or have a very high or no limit credit card.  Spend some time in Carmel and Monterrey sightseeing/eating and, if you have the time, take a day trip south to Big Sur and have lunch at Ventana.

Have fun!

Callaway FT9 Driver (10N)
Jones/Ortiz 3W(13), 4W (17) & 5W (19)
Jones/Ortiz  3H (21) 4H (25) & 5H (30)
Titleist DCI Gold - 3-PW (21-48)
Titleist Vokey PW (48-6), GW (52-8), SW (56-10) & LW (60-4)
Northwestern (Tom Weiskopf) #309 Putter

I couldn't begin to tell you how blown away my dad is about the trip. Long story short he is a cancer survivor and this will be our first father son trip since he's been back in good health. As for the money.... It's CRAZY EXPENSIVE! Between my brother and me it cost us about 6k each (that includes paying for my dad). But, like someone posted earlier, it's a one in a lifetime opportunity and it will be worth every penny.

IN MY 

I couldn't begin to tell you how blown away my dad is about the trip. Long story short he is a cancer survivor and this will be our first father son trip since he's been back in good health.

As for the money.... It's CRAZY EXPENSIVE! Between my brother and me it cost us about 6k each (that includes paying for my dad). But, like someone posted earlier, it's a one in a lifetime opportunity and it will be worth every penny.

That's awesome. Money is just...money. Down the road, no amount of money will be able to buy these memories. Go nuts on the trip and just have a blast. I'd love to one time play a big-time course with a caddie and play pretend tour pro. :)

• Upvote 1
Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Just some good hearted banter!! But, I'll be sure to take a bunch of pics.

Remember, there are wineries open for tasting not too far from Monterey....

• Upvote 1

We made it through the first two days of the trip! Day one was a travel day, then once in San Francisco we ventured over to Harding Park. First, I can't begin to tell you how great the staff was. We arrived with our names on our carts, and also a reserved table overlooking the 18th fairway and green for a quick bite to eat before our round. The course wasn't as "scenic" as I'd expected, but the rough was pretty thick so it was all about keeping it in the fairway. Then we drove down to San Jose and stayed Saturday night and last night. Yesterday we went to the Eagles game..... if you can't punch the ball in from the 2 yard line with two plays, you don't fester to win!! That's all I've got to say about that. Last night found a great bar/restaurant call "Original Joe's" great food and again great staff. Today we are off to play Pacific Grove, then checking into Pebble. I'll keep you guys updated....[IMG] [/IMG]

IN MY 

Note: This thread is 1132 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!