IGNORED

Directed Force Putters

SamGray
Note: This thread is 2369 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Check out this link and you will see it in action...  Anybody who wants to see more about the putter go check out the facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=233291880197693&set;=vb.181473325379549&type;=2&theater;

As luck would have it, most of us use our hands to hold the putter and don't have to swing using a jig. But if I were ever in a jig-required putting contest, I'd get you guys on the blower.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

As luck would have it, most of us use our hands to hold the putter and don't have to swing using a jig. But if I were ever in a jig-required putting contest, I'd get you guys on the blower

The idea is to use light grip pressure and then you can let the putter do the work.  The putting jig is to demonstrate what your putter naturally wants to do (twist)...the Directed Force Putter doesn't.

The idea is to use light grip pressure and then you can let the putter do the work.  The putting jig is to demonstrate what your putter naturally wants to do (twist)...the Directed Force Putter doesn't.

Fine, but you said it stays square by itself. Those putts in that video, even with the really tight zoom, really clearly didn't go off on the same line. General direction, sure, but those putts aren't within feet of one another.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

Fine, but you said it stays square by itself. Those putts in that video, even with the really tight zoom, really clearly didn't go off on the same line. General direction, sure, but those putts aren't within feet of one another.

Nothing is ever perfect, but if you put it against any putter on the market I guarantee you won't find anything close to the square stability this putter offers.  I understand being skeptical, but I have the putter in my bag and have already pre-sold 5 putters this week.  The putter speaks for itself, and soon everyone will see when it gets it's big launch on the Big Break and then hopefully the Reno Tahoe this week.

Nothing is ever perfect, but if you put it against any putter on the market I guarantee you won't find anything close to the square stability this putter offers.  I understand being skeptical, but I have the putter in my bag and have already pre-sold 5 putters this week.  The putter speaks for itself, and soon everyone will see when it gets it's big launch on the Big Break and then hopefully the Reno Tahoe this week.

At the risk of being glib, you're doing a lot of speaking for the putter that speaks for itself.

Look, you have to understand, you guys are making the same kind of claims that every upstart gimmick club manufacturer has made. You've said just enough to make it sound sciencey but you've declined to actually delve into specifics. Taylormade, Callaway, and other manufacturers will explain, almost to a fault how their products work, in tremendous detail. Do that. You already see that there's people here who pay attention.

Dom's Sticks:

At the risk of being glib, you're doing a lot of speaking for the putter that speaks for itself.

Look, you have to understand, you guys are making the same kind of claims that every upstart gimmick club manufacturer has made. You've said just enough to make it sound sciencey but you've declined to actually delve into specifics. Taylormade, Callaway, and other manufacturers will explain, almost to a fault how their products work, in tremendous detail. Do that. You already see that there's people here who pay attention.

I would have said the same thing, but I was sold by the club.  The creator is a master club maker who has done grinds for Scratch and other companies, he knows his stuff.  When he is done with the legal end I would be more than happy to give you every last detail, but right now I can't.  I find it extremely funny that golf professionals are jumping on board left and right, but amateur golfers debate and argue and call it a gimmick even though it would probably help them the most.  Side by side this putter will beat any mallet on the market.  The grip and putter will be a great success and I am happy that he came into my golf shop and let me in on the product.

I would have said the same thing, but I was sold by the club.  The creator is a master club maker who has done grinds for Scratch and other companies, he knows his stuff.  When he is done with the legal end I would be more than happy to give you every last detail, but right now I can't.  I find it extremely funny that golf professionals are jumping on board left and right, but amateur golfers debate and argue and call it a gimmick even though it would probably help them the most.  Side by side this putter will beat any mallet on the market.  The grip and putter will be a great success and I am happy that he came into my golf shop and let me in on the product.

So it sounds like you have a putter that's heavy and has high moment of inertia. Sweet. But then I look at the putter. All of the weight is right behind the middle of the putter. That goes against the entire trend of perimeter weighting that promotes forgiveness on off-center strikes. Fine, you're going against the trend and saying "we're doing the opposite of them." Great for marketing. But you have to show how that's a benefit. What you're describing sounds like it should be directionally forgiving, but will be a nightmare in terms of distance control on anything but the sweet spot. As a high-handicap amateur, that's what we amateur golfers need help with. That's why we debate and argue and call it a gimmick because we'd like to know why it would help us the most, when it sounds like it would help us the least. How does your putter offer forgiveness in that regard? I welcome your explanation.

• Upvote 1

Dom's Sticks:

So it sounds like you have a putter that's heavy and has high moment of inertia. Sweet. But then I look at the putter. All of the weight is right behind the middle of the putter. That goes against the entire trend of perimeter weighting that promotes forgiveness on off-center strikes. Fine, you're going against the trend and saying "we're doing the opposite of them." Great for marketing. But you have to show how that's a benefit. What you're describing sounds like it should be directionally forgiving, but will be a nightmare in terms of distance control on anything but the sweet spot. As a high-handicap amateur, that's what we amateur golfers need help with. That's why we debate and argue and call it a gimmick because we'd like to know why it would help us the most, when it sounds like it would help us the least. How does your putter offer forgiveness in that regard? I welcome your explanation.

First off, not my putter!  I am just a pro who uses it and sells it from my golf shop.  Secondly, the putter is not heavy, to tell you the truth it is borderline light compared to what I am used to.  This putter has a higher moi than any other mallet or blade.  Distance wise off the toe or heel I would put it as good if not better than Ping's TR grooves.  The putter is truly well designed for everyone.  I hit my line much more consistently with this putter than I ever did with any of my custom Cameron's or Ping's.  The combination of the putter head and the new style grip will help golfers of any level.  I teach high handicappers all day long and I know for a fact that this putter will help them lower their scores and find the hole more often.  I have a customer coming in next week who is friends with Scotty Cameron and I can't wait for him to try this putter, I know he will want to order one.  He always shows up with a new Scotty prototype and he will flip when he trys this!

What is the price for this putter?

Bob

WITB

Driver:                         Ping I25 10.5 PWR65 stiff Flex

Fairway Woods:          Ping TiSi Tec 3, 5 and 7 graphite Cushin stiff flex

Irons:                         Pinhawk SL 5-PW 37.25 inches 

Wedges:                     Reid Lockhart 52 and 60 quad bounce, 56 dual bounce 

Putter:                        Boccieri Heavy Putter B3-M (250 gram back weight)

Ball:                            MG C4 / Wilson Duo

Grips:                         Winn DriTac midsize Blue

What is the price for this putter?

Price will be $299, and there won't be any putters sold off the rack.  Each putter is fit for the individual and then built and shipped directly to them.

First off, not my putter!  I am just a pro who uses it and sells it from my golf shop.  Secondly, the putter is not heavy, to tell you the truth it is borderline light compared to what I am used to.  This putter has a higher moi than any other mallet or blade.  Distance wise off the toe or heel I would put it as good if not better than Ping's TR grooves.  The putter is truly well designed for everyone.  I hit my line much more consistently with this putter than I ever did with any of my custom Cameron's or Ping's.  The combination of the putter head and the new style grip will help golfers of any level.  I teach high handicappers all day long and I know for a fact that this putter will help them lower their scores and find the hole more often.  I have a customer coming in next week who is friends with Scotty Cameron and I can't wait for him to try this putter, I know he will want to order one.  He always shows up with a new Scotty prototype and he will flip when he trys this!

OK, my mistake, I thought I had seen it described as being heavy. I still don't see why it would offer distance forgiveness on off-center strikes, but godspeed in selling the putters.

Dom's Sticks:

Check out this link and you will see it in action...  Anybody who wants to see more about the putter go check out the facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=233291880197693&set;=vb.181473325379549&type;=2&theater;

That has got to be the dumbest promotional video I've ever seen for a club. WTF? They hung it from a broken crutch to demonstrate how great a putter it is? That doesn't mean the putter's dumb though, just the video.

How does it workout for people who have trouble aiming mallets? Not trying to pile on, honest question. It was demonstrated to me very clearly that mallets do not fit my eye and I therefor struggle to aim them. Does this putter address this issue or is it only suitable for those who "see" mallet alignment properly?

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

That has got to be the dumbest promotional video I've ever seen for a club. WTF? They hung it from a broken crutch to demonstrate how great a putter it is? That doesn't mean the putter's dumb though, just the video. How does it workout for people who have trouble aiming mallets? Not trying to pile on, honest question. It was demonstrated to me very clearly that mallets do not fit my eye and I therefor struggle to aim them. Does this putter address this issue or is it only suitable for those who "see" mallet alignment properly?

Good question. That was the hardest part for me. Took about an hour of practice to get over the huge difference between my Scott Cameron plumbers neck to this putter. The adjustment isn't that bad though, and he will have some different alignment aides (tline, and other options)

• Administrator

Please begin to post elsewhere (rather than just to promote this putter) or consider the $399 Sponsor option.

Thank you.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

meh - it's not the shape/mass of the head that twists my grip off line.  it's my crappy stroke and hands

I understand the concept and even if the physics make sense, but I see it as a tiny portion of help to the problem being addressed.

I don't mind the look or shape - I prefer the alignment line to extend all the way front to back though

Bill - 

Please begin to post elsewhere (rather than just to promote this putter) or consider the $399 Sponsor option.

Thank you.

Why would I consider a sponsor?  I am not selling the putter on here I am merely discussing it.  I will post on other threads, just felt like talking about the putter.  I could just as easily discuss the Ping G30...  How am I doing anything wrong?

Why would I consider a sponsor?  I am not selling the putter on here I am merely discussing it.  I will post on other threads, just felt like talking about the putter.  I could just as easily discuss the Ping G30...  How am I doing anything wrong?

It's frowned upon to use the site purely to promote a product without contributing elsewhere. This is a great site with a lot to offer and lots of great members who are a blast to talk golf with. You can talk about this putter all you want provided it's not ALL you're here to talk about. If it's ALL you're here to talk about than it's seen as self serving. Welcome to the site, I hope you stick around and contribute. Your friend who makes the putters should consider become a TST Sponsor though, as this is one of the biggest, most respected and certainly best golf forums on the web and will get his product out in the public eye.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

It's frowned upon to use the site purely to promote a product without contributing elsewhere. This is a great site with a lot to offer and lots of great members who are a blast to talk golf with. You can talk about this putter all you want provided it's not ALL you're here to talk about. If it's ALL you're here to talk about than it's seen as self serving. Welcome to the site, I hope you stick around and contribute. Your friend who makes the putters should consider become a TST Sponsor though, as this is one of the biggest, most respected and certainly best golf forums on the web and will get his product out in the public eye.

Thanks for the information.  He is most likely going to, but right now it takes a lot of start up money to get everything going.  I will definitely post on other threads.  Thanks again.

Note: This thread is 2369 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!