IGNORED

Directed Force Putters

SamGray
Note: This thread is 2388 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

40 minutes ago, natureboy said:

@Matt Holm PGA Is this in response to my post? If so you are being completely defensive. I am genuinely curious and want to know more and have posted questions I would ask of any retailer major or otherwise about their product.

The lack of flat lie putters in the market is one of the reasons that I bought an old used 8802 so I could have it bent. If it's something you offer it's a potential big selling point for me or others with similar preferences.

They can go very flat.  Every putter is custom made.  What lie angle do you use? 

Just now, cmherrbach said:

They can go very flat.  Every putter is custom made.  What lie angle do you use? 

Yes I see that. Under 60* is pretty rare to see as an option. Mine is around 66*.

Kevin

• Administrator
1 hour ago, natureboy said:

Yes I see that. Under 60* is pretty rare to see as an option. Mine is around 66*.

That's not super flat. Rare to see, yes, but it's only 4° from standard.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

9 minutes ago, iacas said:

That's not super flat. Rare to see, yes, but it's only 4° from standard.

I would have done 64* but it looked like the hosel neck was weakening so I didn't push it. I looked around at one point and there weren't many manufacturers who offered less than 70*, or only 1-2* less or more if available. Trend seemed to be toward upright lie. I've never seen down to 60* as an option.

Edited by natureboy

Kevin

5 hours ago, cmherrbach said:

Hey guys, new poster, long time lurker. I have been reading up on this putter from this forum and a few others on the net and decided to go get fit. Once my fitting was completed, 66* lie angle and 33 inches in length, my order was submitted. After 8 days, I had a new putter waiting for me at my front door. I quickly made my way to the golf course to try this thing out. As many have stated, the look was unique. My first round was not great with the putter as 1  I was not very confident in looking down at it. Although I did not make a lot of putts the first round, I did notice that the ball was rolling better than any putter I have ever used. I have never liked using a forward press as it made alignment tough for me. My hands were always behind the ball like Zach Johnson.

Since the roll was so good I became determined to get used to the look. It took me about a week of going to the putting green for about 30 minutes a day and hitting putts from about 10' and in to really appreciate what this putter can do. The roll was perfect, and once I got it in my head that I did not need to manipulate the face angle at all, the putts started dropping with regularity. I have had the Directed Force putter in play since July 1, 2015. Since then I have only had 5 round over par. I have had 2 streaks of 10 or more consecutive rounds of par or better, the first of those streaks being 17. 2  I am a combined 64 under par since that time including a new personal tournament scoring record of -12 60.  

I guess the best way I can sum up this putter is, she may not be the prettiest girl at the dance, but I guarantee she is going to put out. If anyone has questions that I can answer please ask.

1. So you bought a $350 putter that you didn't like the look of or felt confident with based off of some internet research?

2. Bit of an oversell IMHO

At least you've posted in some other threads so it wasn't too obvious. :-D

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

3 hours ago, natureboy said:

@Matt Holm PGA Is this in response to my post? If so you are being completely defensive. I am genuinely curious and want to know more and have posted questions I would ask of any retailer major or otherwise about their product.

The lack of flat lie putters in the market is one of the reasons that I bought an old used 8802 so I could have it bent. If it's something you offer it's a potential big selling point for me or others with similar preferences.

45 minutes ago, SavvySwede said:

1. So you bought a $350 putter that you didn't like the look of or felt confident with based off of some internet research?

2. Bit of an oversell IMHO

At least you've posted in some other threads so it wasn't too obvious. :-D

I actually decided to get fit based on some internet research. I bought the putter based on what I learned at the fitting and what I saw from the revealer.  Many people buy Scotty Cameron putters for much more, and they aren't getting anything different than what everyone else offers. 

I'm guessing your second point is questioning my play or the scores? No worries,  I've got nothing to prove to you. 

I guess my question for you is why have you attacked every person who has posted something positive about this putter? Are you selling a competitor's putter, or are you that close minded?  Just asking. By the way,  how many posts to I need to have before I can say I like a club here? 

Either way,  nothing personal my friend. I would encourage you to give it a try. 

I have to say this is a piss poor way of marketing a product. Nobody is believing the "testimonials" and there is no way I'm going to spend hundreds of dollars on a putter just because somebody on the internet who I don't know said it's good, which is supported by somebody else who may or may not be the same person or is working for the company.

Want to market your putter the right way? Put your money where your mouth is. Become a sponsor of the site and send a few putters out to our members to review. Real testimonials from real people whose opinions are recognized and respected in this community. Otherwise, you're just wasting everybody's time.

• Upvote 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, billchao said:

Want to market your putter the right way? Put your money where your mouth is. Become a sponsor of the site and send a few putters out to our members to review. Real testimonials from real people whose opinions are recognized and respected in this community. Otherwise, you're just wasting everybody's time.

http://thesandtrap.com/a/member-review-guidelines/

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

2 minutes ago, billchao said:

I have to say this is a piss poor way of marketing a product. Nobody is believing the "testimonials" and there is no way I'm going to spend hundreds of dollars on a putter just because somebody on the internet who I don't know said it's good, which is supported by somebody else who may or may not be the same person or is working for the company.

I agree with Bill, this approach puts you in the realm of the cheap marketing techniques Warrior Golf uses.  PGA Pro's can  still be sell outs, sorry.

If you want the product to be taken seriously here, put up the funds to become a sponsor and let some of our members test the club and write objective reviews based on their experiences.

Joe Paradiso

26 minutes ago, cmherrbach said:

I actually decided to get fit based on some internet research. I bought the putter based on what I learned at the fitting and what I saw from the revealer.  Many people buy Scotty Cameron putters for much more, and they aren't getting anything different than what everyone else offers. 

I'm guessing your second point is questioning my play or the scores? No worries,  I've got nothing to prove to you. 

I guess my question for you is why have you attacked every person who has posted something positive about this putter? Are you selling a competitor's putter, or are you that close minded?  Just asking. By the way,  how many posts to I need to have before I can say I like a club here? 

Either way,  nothing personal my friend. I would encourage you to give it a try. 

Because it was pretty clear those posts weren't on the level. The stories don't add up. I know when I'm being lied to and take no issue with pointing it out.

5 minutes ago, SavvySwede said:

Because it was pretty clear those posts weren't on the level. The stories don't add up. I know when I'm being lied to and take no issue with pointing it out.

So you are claiming that my post was also not on the level?  Just trying to clarify. If it matters,  I'm also very fond of my m1 driver,  callaway xhot pro 3 wood and 5 wood, mizuno mp69 irons,  and callaway MD2 54* wedge,  and 58* pm grind wedge. 

I love the whole bag,  but would like a set of raw blades,  perhaps adams mb2.

9 minutes ago, cmherrbach said:

So you are claiming that my post was also not on the level?  Just trying to clarify. If it matters,  I'm also very fond of my m1 driver,  callaway xhot pro 3 wood and 5 wood, mizuno mp69 irons,  and callaway MD2 54* wedge,  and 58* pm grind wedge.

We're suspicious when someone joins and their first post is to promote a product, especially after someone else has done the same thing.  It could just be coincidental timing, in which case welcome to the site but understand, from our side, half of your 8 posts are in this thread promoting their putters.  

Joe Paradiso

1 minute ago, newtogolf said:

We're suspicious when someone joins and their first post is to promote a product, especially after someone else has done the same thing.  It could just be coincidental timing, in which case welcome to the site but understand, from our side, half of your 8 posts are in this thread promoting their putters.  

Hi,  I can understand that.  I plan on contributing to much more than just this thread.

I have to be honest,  I was a bit shocked at the "welcome" to the site. Either way,  I'm not going anywhere. 

8 minutes ago, cmherrbach said:

Extremely suspicious at the very least. Claiming to be a "long time lurker". "rolls better than anything I've ever tried" etc. Red flags for this type of thing. Plus, a guy who shoots 17 consecutive rounds under par knows there is no magic wand out there. If you look at the earlier posts in this thread it's been mentioned that torque balanced and face balanced putters have been around for some time. Only new design feature about the putter is the angled grip. An interesting concept and something I might try, but certainly not a game changer.(not sure if the grip is USGA legal either).

9 minutes ago, SavvySwede said:

Extremely suspicious at the very least. Claiming to be a "long time lurker". "rolls better than anything I've ever tried" etc. Red flags for this type of thing. Plus, a guy who shoots 17 consecutive rounds under par knows there is no magic wand out there. If you look at the earlier posts in this thread it's been mentioned that torque balanced and face balanced putters have been around for some time. Only new design feature about the putter is the angled grip. An interesting concept and something I might try, but certainly not a game changer.(not sure if the grip is USGA legal either).

I see where you are coming from.  The 17 rounds were par or better,  so not all under par.  

Have you at least tried the putter for yourself?  I have tried the edel,  many face balanced putters,  I simply putt better now than I ever have.  Whether it is the putter or some improved confidence I don't care. My scores are better and golf is more fun. 

I would suggest fans of the putter in the thread stick to information about new fitters, where it can be tested at events, pros who use it, explanation of design features, etc. over 'magic' putting and 'perfect roll' stories. Wayne DeFrancesco told a story about a PGA pro who responded to his question whether he should try a particular type of putter, "There's no $%Q$ing self-shooter, son".

While I am genuinely curious about information on the product and consider the flat lie angles a real plus feature, the heavy testimonial guerilla marketing approach in this thread actually hurts credibility for this very 'show me' site. But I'm not a big fan of the bashing and 'give me a free putter' posts either.

• Upvote 1

Kevin

So it looks like the inventor of this putter is going to be in Las Vegas this weekend. It looks like they are fitting the UNLV golf team or teams? So, if anyone is from the Vegas area this may be a great chance to go pick his brain and possibly demo a putter. If I had the time, I would like to drive up there and play some golf, maybe try to pick his brain as well. I am curious to know where they will go from here. 

Either way, just throwing that information out there for those that would like to know. Also, anyone on here in the Phoenix area??

On 11/6/2015, 1:26:53, natureboy said:

While I am genuinely curious about information on the product and consider the flat lie angles a real plus feature, the heavy testimonial guerilla marketing approach in this thread actually hurts credibility for this very 'show me' site.

It's because a number of us are generally skeptical by nature. Aggressive marketing doesn't make me think, "Wow, that product must be awesome if so many people are raving about it." What it really does is makes me wonder why they have to try so hard to convince me their product is good in the first place.

None of the people praising this putter are established members of this site and I'm not going to buy anything based on their testimonials. 

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Note: This thread is 2388 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!