IGNORED

TST Mid-Atlantic Outing

dsc123
Note: This thread is 3500 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The other place to play in the area is Pilgrims Oak Golf Club in Peach Bottom PA its 27 miles away from bulle rock west, almost a straight shot down route 1 from Philly. Really nice course and much better price.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'll stay tuned to the thread to see where the meet up will be. There's a chance I could make it up to those areas further north, but I'll hope for something closer to DC. Bulle Rock and Pilgrims Oak are 2 hour drives from Northern VA, so that's more in gas money than I pay for my muni greens fees:)

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Originally Posted by davechen

I'm interested in playing, although, honestly, with all kids activities on the weekends the odds of me actually making it aren't too great.  I normally play the munis in Montgomery County.  Falls Road the most, along with Redgate, Northwest Park, and Needwood.

Of the courses mentioned, Whiskey Creek is really nice.  Little Bennett and Worthington are very good too.  I played Westfield once, but it wasn't very memorable.

And I've played the Gold course at Congressional :)

Welcome, davechen!  I play at Redgate just about every weekend, and work Northwest and Needwood into the rotation every now and then.  Its been a while since I've played falls road.

I'll stay tuned to the thread to see where the meet up will be. There's a chance I could make it up to those areas further north, but I'll hope for something closer to DC. Bulle Rock and Pilgrims Oak are 2 hour drives from Northern VA, so that's more in gas money than I pay for my muni greens fees:)

Well why don't you cast a vote and then we can see where everyone stands?

We need to vote on 2 things, date (April 5/6 or May 10/11) and course.  So far Divot Dave has voted for Bulle Rock and April 5/6.  I'll second the April 5/6 and abstain from the course selection because I think it means more to everyone else and I just want to maximize participation.

If you're absolutely not willing to travel to a particular course or on a particular date, it would be helpful to mention that.

where's @bjwestner in all this?

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Well why don't you cast a vote and then we can see where everyone stands?

We need to vote on 2 things, date (April 5/6 or May 10/11) and course.  So far Divot Dave has voted for Bulle Rock and April 5/6.  I'll second the April 5/6 and abstain from the course selection because I think it means more to everyone else and I just want to maximize participation.

If you're absolutely not willing to travel to a particular course or on a particular date, it would be helpful to mention that.

I'll vote April 5/6. Sunday, May 11 is Mothers Day. Gonna stay away from that one :)

I'll drive up to an hour away, which would eliminate the courses north of Baltimore.  I can probably be flexible that weekednd, but if we're voting on a final venue, I'm more likely to be able to swing it the further south of Baltimore it is.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

I'll vote April 5/6. Sunday, May 11 is Mothers Day. Gonna stay away from that one :)

I'll drive up to an hour away, which would eliminate the courses north of Baltimore.  I can probably be flexible that weekednd, but if we're voting on a final venue, I'm more likely to be able to swing it the further south of Baltimore it is.

I don't know how we missed Mother's day.  Well that's three votes for April 5/6, and nobody has objected to it, so I think that's settled.

I think we're up to 6 locals now, and I'm holding out hope that Bjwestner will join us.  He's in montgomery county and we've been trying to get a game together for a while now.

Dan

i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff

Looks like our opening day event at the club is April 5th so I could do the 6th. And I'm open to anywhere. I'll lead it to others to pick a place.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

New player here.  I live in Charlottesville Va, and wouldn't mind getting together for a round somewhere.  I can drive up to DC or even Maryland (Uncle lives there, he may join).  My schedule is all over the place though so just let me know when and where it will be and hopefully I would be able to make it!  If anyone near central Va wants to play, or knows of good courses, let me know!

Alright well it looks like we've got a date-- Sunday April 6 .

We probably want a final count by March 16 so we have time to make the group reservation before the typical 2-week advance opens to the general public.  So far the voting is as follows:

Bulle Rock - 1 vote.

So come one @davechen , @Derrick James , @jsgolfer , @RandallT , @kregan give us your votes!

Dan

i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff

I'll have to miss this one, I'll be in Myrtle Beach for an annual weekend golf tourney with friends that weekend

Joe Paradiso

Bulle Rock is more than I want to pay right now, have too many golf trips already lined up. I suggest The Timbers at Troy.

-Jerry

Can I play? Please please please!!!!

But yeah Pilgrim's Oak is a great public course. I live in Lancaster so Pilgrim's Oak is about 25 mins south of me. Would be a great time. Snow is just about all gone here. Just a little damp still.

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland: CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

Alright well it looks like we've got a date-- Sunday April 6 .   We probably want a final count by March 16 so we have time to make the group reservation before the typical 2-week advance opens to the general public.  So far the voting is as follows: Bulle Rock - 1 vote. So come one @davechen , @Derrick James , @jsgolfer , @RandallT , @kregan give us your votes!

Oh, would love to play but I'll be in NYC that weekend. Have fun, everyone!

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Can I play? Please please please!!!!

But yeah Pilgrim's Oak is a great public course. I live in Lancaster so Pilgrim's Oak is about 25 mins south of me. Would be a great time. Snow is just about all gone here. Just a little damp still.

I don't know about you, but I just got hit with another 8 inches.

I think Pilgrim's Oak is too far for the people in VA.  Bulle Rock is closer but still too far for some.

Timbers at Troy doesn't seem like a bad spot.

Dan

i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff

I don't know about you, but I just got hit with another 8 inches.

I think Pilgrim's Oak is too far for the people in VA.  Bulle Rock is closer but still too far for some.

Timbers at Troy doesn't seem like a bad spot.

timbers at troy sounds good to me too... I'll change my vote if it means getting others on board .

IN MY BAG
Driver: Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver
3 Wood: Calloway RAZR Hawk
Hybrid: Ping 19*
Irons: Mizuno JPX 825
Wedges: 52, 56 Cleveland
Putter: Odyssey White Ice

timbers at troy sounds good to me too... I'll change my vote if it means getting others on board .

Thanks for the compromise, Dave. I know it's a long haul for you and appreciate your efforts to make it work. That's three votes for timbers at Troy, let's call it done. Timbers at Troy, April 6, 2014. Everyone please let us know whether you are in and I'll set up the tee time. I'd like to do that Thursday. Include what time works for you (early morning (8 to 9), late morning (10 to 11), or early afternoon (1 to 2). Im in, and I vote for early morning, but can make it with anytime.

Dan

i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff

Thanks for the compromise, Dave. I know it's a long haul for you and appreciate your efforts to make it work.

That's three votes for timbers at Troy, let's call it done.

Timbers at Troy, April 6, 2014.

Everyone please let us know whether you are in and I'll set up the tee time. I'd like to do that Thursday. Include what time works for you (early morning (8 to 9), late morning (10 to 11), or early afternoon (1 to 2).

Im in, and I vote for early morning, but can make it with anytime.

I'm good with early or late morning

IN MY BAG
Driver: Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver
3 Wood: Calloway RAZR Hawk
Hybrid: Ping 19*
Irons: Mizuno JPX 825
Wedges: 52, 56 Cleveland
Putter: Odyssey White Ice

Whenever is fine with me

-Jerry

Note: This thread is 3500 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!