IGNORED

My Swing (Valleygolfer)

Valleygolfer
Note: This thread is 2027 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hit the range with the new swing, after getting the tempo down, there were some great shots. I wish I could have videoed some...

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 3 weeks later...

3rd round of the year and starting to corral my swing. I found that my backswing was too long (for me) and pulling me off my front foot and causing me to be off balance and flip the club a bit. Accuracy has improved considerably. I also slowed my tempo too and that has helped a ton.

Now I just have to stay on task for the year.

Great day at the range. Solid contact with almost all iron shots. Worked on turning my wrists over creating a draw flight. Not sure if that explains it technically but the feel is like that. Ordered a phone holder so I can video my swings finally. I hope it works.

• 2 weeks later...
Not a bad day at the range. Its in pretty good shots and the videos that I recorded, I'm unsure about how good the shots were. I am going to post them anyway. It kinda looks like I am flipping a little.

[VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnmct7gJTmI[/VIDEO] [VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Plx8UREKV8Y[/VIDEO] [VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjExffsmfYY[/VIDEO] [VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLbgVWWvyyA[/VIDEO]

Looking good. Sorry can't remember, are you on Evolvr?

One thing that stands out is that the arms are too rigid at set-up and the position of the right thumb. I would recommend softening the arms and get the right thumb to look more like this, going to help not kick out the "lag" as much on the downswing.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Thanks for the input. I was doing the arm thing on purpose. I don't think that they were as rigid as it looked. So you are saying that weakening my grip would help keep the lag? Thanks for your time Mike. I am not on evolvr. Just self taught with stuff I read about and recently picking up tips from 5sk and you.

@mvmac I modified the grip as you recommended and took some practice swings in house and they seem comfortable. I will test it today on the course. It doesn't seem foreign so I hope it will be a seamless transition.

• 3 weeks later...

Played solid in the first nine in today's round but deteriorated in the back nine. Mechanics fell apart but it may have been due to the million mosquitoes flying around my face during every f'n swing... Seriously it was like a cloud... Horrible. On a positive note I have had more birdies in the last three weeks than I probably had all last year... maybe that s an exaggeration but I have scored quite a few already.

The greens on the course I was playing were crazy slow, I hit many a putt very hard and would not make it to the hole. I can't wait until the greens come back...

• 2 weeks later...

Coming off a solid round of 81, I played a pretty disparaging ball striking round the next day. I was hitting a few hosel rockets and a lot of pulled shots. I can only guess I was rotating at my torso too much during my return swing. I was having a difficult time focusing that day and had an uneasy feeling most of the front nine that I could not shake. It was kinda like a nervous hungry feeling that left me feeling like soggy spaghetti when I swung. Any psychologists out there?

• 1 month later...
I am starting to play like Charles Barkley.... Nothing is working except the putter. Taking a break for a bit and hoping to do a vlog next time I am out.

I am starting to play like Charles Barkley.... Nothing is working except the putter. Taking a break for a bit and hoping to do a vlog next time I am out.

Play some Basketball then! :-)

Go back to basics and slow down your practices.  I know the feeling!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Play some Basketball then!

Go back to basics and slow down your practices.  I know the feeling!

That is the deal. I really need to slow down. I am trying way to hard and expecting too much.

Its ok to expect alot out of your swing.

By the end of last year I was shoot high 70's to low 80's rounds on a bad day. I was expecting to see some improvement this year. Until recently I just wasn't able to regain my form. Now in the last couple of weeks I have found my iron swing again. If I can do it so will you. It just takes that one day where you find that trigger in your swing.

I do have a question for you. When you set up you have a bit of forward press. I personally tend to get to steep when I do this. Why do you do it?

Its ok to expect alot out of your swing.  By the end of last year I was shoot high 70's to low 80's rounds on a bad day. I was expecting to see some improvement this year. Until recently I just wasn't able to regain my form. Now in the last couple of weeks I have found my iron swing again. If I can do it so will you. It just takes that one day where you find that trigger in your swing.  I do have a question for you. When you set up you have a bit of forward press. I personally tend to get to steep when I do this. Why do you do it?

I agree that it will come around. My new irons have had me mentally off, swinging too fast and hard. As far as the forward press, I do it to help with promoting lag. It may or may not make a difference but I do generally come in steep.

I personally hit the ball so much better when I take a shallow divot. So getting excessively steep takes away from the quality of my strikes.

A slight forward press isn't a bad thing but to much gets your club face open for to long. The was the other issue I had when I pressed to much.

I personally hit the ball so much better when I take a shallow divot. So getting excessively steep takes away from the quality of my strikes.  A slight forward press isn't a bad thing but to much gets your club face open for to long. The was the other issue I had when I pressed to much.

I didn't have a problem with either one of those when I was playing my pings. The longer the iron, the less forward press I have. I am going to try to play today. Decided to reduce expectations and focus on fundamentals. Going to hit the range before hopefully. These swing difficulties have happened before and usually due to pressure on myself to play spectacular.

Note: This thread is 2027 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!