IGNORED

My Swing (Valleygolfer)

Valleygolfer
Note: This thread is 2005 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So I went and played today, no range time and shot a 78. Go figure. I swung easy and made great contact with good distances. Birdied the first hole and stayed under par until the fifth hole. Nearly had a hole in one on the 16th. Only mishit three shots. Two hosel rockets and one chili dip. Great day out today.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

So I went and played today, no range time and shot a 78. Go figure. I swung easy and made great contact with good distances. Birdied the first hole and stayed under par until the fifth hole. Nearly had a hole in one on the 16th. Only mishit three shots. Two hosel rockets and one chili dip. Great day out today.

Nice....congratz on your 78, and even lower scores to come.

Nice....congratz on your 78, and even lower scores to come.

Thanks, we'll see if I can maintain that train of thought. Hopefully this thread will remind me.

Congrats on the good round. What do you feel like was the best and worst parts of your game? I like to have a good idea of what I did well and what I didn't. That way I know what I need to work on.

Wow, great round!

:beer:

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Congrats on the good round. What do you feel like was the best and worst parts of your game? I like to have a good idea of what I did well and what I didn't. That way I know what I need to work on.

Well lately and in this round also, I have been chipping poorly. I leave myself looooong putts for par which gives me a lot of bogeys when I should be having at minimum par. It has been frustrating but I have not been able to practice more this year on it unfortunately. I just can't seem to judge the roll out or get my rain to land it were I need to.

The other problem I have been working on has been course management. Hitting the club I know will be in the fairway or focusing on getting proper mechanics to eliminate push fades that are my bane of existence at times. I also have chosen to play more narrow courses to force me to get rid of my "claustrophobia" and use shorter controlled swings. Some of the holes that always bite me got extra thought and played with different clubs to minimize damage, even if it was a bogey ending, I was okay to be out of there.

The round with the 78 I purposely left shots outside of 40 yards to eliminate short pitch shots. I am spot on from 50 to 110 yards distance wise so I would try to leave my second shots at that distance. Plus my putting has been really good too. The combination of putting the first shot around 50-110 yards out and good putting helped keep the scoring down. Also shots on par three like this helped :dance:

Wow, great round!

Thanks! :beer:

Very nice. How many wedges do you play in your bag?

I have  a 52 and 60 degree wedge. The 52 I play 100 yard shots and the 60 i hit 70 yard shots. I try to always take a full swing. I feel that I am a lot more consistent. This may help you eliminate that shot from 40 yards and in. That is unless you hit a bad shot. I really need to get a 56 to hopefully hit that 85 yard shot easier.

I also focus on hitting the ball with all of my clubs more to the middle of the green. I find that I hit way more greens if i'm not trying to hit the ball at the pin every time.

Very nice. How many wedges do you play in your bag?

I have  a 52 and 60 degree wedge. The 52 I play 100 yard shots and the 60 i hit 70 yard shots. I try to always take a full swing. I feel that I am a lot more consistent. This may help you eliminate that shot from 40 yards and in. That is unless you hit a bad shot. I really need to get a 56 to hopefully hit that 85 yard shot easier.

I also focus on hitting the ball with all of my clubs more to the middle of the green. I find that I hit way more greens if i'm not trying to hit the ball at the pin every time.

I had been using a 55 and 60, I just added a 50 so three now. 55 is 100-110 and the 60 is 90 on in. I have excellent distance control until 20 yards. I do great at the range but on the course I lose the short yardage control. I really just need to practice. The 50 hopefully will be a 115-125 club. It used to be my PW but even at quarter swings it would go 130 so I am changing 3 woods and removing the 4 wood.

Thats not a bad idea. I have a 21 degree hybrid in my bag which I absolutely love. I have so much confidence with it. I don't play a 3 iron.

What are the bounces on your wedges? This could also be a cause for your inconsistency with your closer shots. I used to play 2 58 degree wedges with different bounces. I regret changing from that set up.

Thats not a bad idea. I have a 21 degree hybrid in my bag which I absolutely love. I have so much confidence with it. I don't play a 3 iron.

What are the bounces on your wedges? This could also be a cause for your inconsistency with your closer shots. I used to play 2 58 degree wedges with different bounces. I regret changing from that set up.

The bounces are 60/10, 55/11 and 50/08. It is not the bounce, it is the 7 inches between my ears. Confidence is down on the short shots. Need to build it up again.

I think that 7 inches between the ears is a major factor for us all. I just had nose surgery a week ago so I've got about an inch thats just killing me. I haven't practiced since.

I like that bounce set up. I really regret not getting my 60* wedge in a 11* bounce.

I think that 7 inches between the ears is a major factor for us all. I just had nose surgery a week ago so I've got about an inch thats just killing me. I haven't practiced since.  I like that bounce set up. I really regret not getting my 60* wedge in a 11* bounce.

I have heard nose surgery is the worst. I told you the wrong bounce for my 55 degree wedge, it is 13.

oh its no fun at all. The hardest part has been getting my strength and endurance back. The simplest things are tough to do right now. I plan on getting back to practicing this week. I gotta get in as much as possible. I have baby on the way too. Late sept.

That's a pretty high bounce for a 55 degree wedge.  What was your thinking behind getting that particular wedge? Were you hitting shots fat with your wedges? I know when I bought my 58 12 wedge I didn't know anything about bounce. When I bought the 58 8 I found that I added 10 yards and was able to do different things short game wise. I did tend to struggle with tight lie with the 58 8. The 58 12 was my go to for those shots plus flop shots.

oh its no fun at all. The hardest part has been getting my strength and endurance back. The simplest things are tough to do right now. I plan on getting back to practicing this week. I gotta get in as much as possible. I have baby on the way too. Late sept.  That's a pretty high bounce for a 55 degree wedge.  What was your thinking behind getting that particular wedge? Were you hitting shots fat with your wedges? I know when I bought my 58 12 wedge I didn't know anything about bounce. When I bought the 58 8 I found that I added 10 yards and was able to do different things short game wise. I did tend to struggle with tight lie with the 58 8. The 58 12 was my go to for those shots plus flop shots.

My swing is a digger and I play in areas that are predominantly soft so I went with that bounce. My 60 is the go to club for open face shots.

My swing is a digger and I play in areas that are predominantly soft so I went with that bounce. My 60 is the go to club for open face shots.

That makes total sense why you be using that bounce set up then.

You should post a new video of your swing. To how things have improved.

That makes total sense why you be using that bounce set up then.

You should post a new video of your swing. To how things have improved.

I was going to try to video some today but I was too focused on sorting out whet club I want to  remove out of my bag.

Distance was lacking today but I adjusted for it and shot a 79. I have been able to correct swing flaws while playing and cut down on excessively poor shots. I know I need to post some swing videos because I still need improvement.

Note: This thread is 2005 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!