IGNORED

My Swing (Hugoboum)

Hugoboum
Note: This thread is 3693 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: 2 years,1 year seriously

My current handicap index or average score is: 88 ,never done competitions

My typical ball flight is: slight draw or straight

The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: overdrawing  and not-centered strikes

I know the quality is quite bad (environnement..) I will post better quality in the next days .I would still like constructive answers.From my personnal opinion seeing myself (which looks different than what it feels like),my arms are a bit too close to my body and my backswing a bit too interior.Thanks for the future comments !

I know the quality is quite bad (environnement..) I will post better quality in the next days .I would still like constructive answers.From my personnal opinion seeing myself (which looks different than what it feels like),my arms are a bit too close to my body and my backswing a bit too interior.Thanks for the future comments !

Yeah always tough to analyze a swing where you're not hitting a ball. Doesn't look to me like the backswing is too "interior". By that I'm assuming you mean that the hands/arms are working inward too much.

Compared to Rory McIlroy, note how his left arm basically matches his shoulder angle.

If anything you could probably turn a little more and get the arms to work inward more. Put a tee in your left arm pit and make a slow practice swing where keep the tee from falling out, turning your torso more and allowing the left arm to work inward more. I just told you three things but they are kind of tied together. Note how Rory's arms have more depth than yours. For more on what I mean by depth, go here

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Ok ,here is a new video.

I see the point you are making:matching left arm and shoulder line to allow more turn. I do think there's a slight improvment there. Only concern I have is that my balls tended to overdraw sometimes today at the practice (holidays in m country !).Will this make it drawing even more ?

I see the point you are making:matching left arm and shoulder line to allow more turn. I do think there's a slight improvment there. Only concern I have is that my balls tended to overdraw sometimes today at the practice (holidays in m country !).Will this make it drawing even more ?

I think it will help you hit the center of the face more.

Do your overdraws start straight and then draw or do they start right of the target and cross the target? From the first swing I'm not seeing you (again can be tough to tell since you're not hitting a ball) swing a ton OUTward. I guessing they are more pull draws or toe draws from the head going forward and the hips/weight staying back. Followthrough looks like you are "leaning forward" or flexed forward.

Notice the player in the right pic has the belt buckle and chest facing the sky, yours is pointing more towards to the ground.

Couple examples to what I mean

Couple drills/feels to help

Mike McLoughlin

Well they start normally until a certain point where they seem to turn more (like at the highest point). I put some tape on the club face and I definitely have a tendency to hit more towards the toe of the club.I think it's just that until now I didn't really thought about that ,now they seem to get more centered since.Thanks for the tips,Seems I need less flex on the left leg and connect a bit more left arm and body ! Will try it later thanks !

• 3 weeks later...

Looks a little better than the previous swings. Arms kind of "out race" the pivot. Need to turn more earlier, do this

Also check out this thread

Mike McLoughlin

Oh,you misunderstood me,I wasn't commanding people to respond to me,just that I didn't know if anyone would respond after 2 weeks.

Thanks for the video and the answers,you seem to help lot of persons !

I'm sure he understood you, because if he was thinking you were giving a command most likely he wouldn't respond and neither would anyone else, so don't worry about it.

What @mvmac is pointi ng out is that a lot more people would be interested in your swing, and in helping you if they knew more about you and your thoughts and ideas.  Basically getting advice and tips is only a fraction of I think you will benefit from participating and contributing to making this a better a community!

Once people get to know you, and you get to know some people as well you will find that they will regularly visit your myswing thread to see what you have posted there, and they will support you and cheer you on in your ups and advise you when you are down.

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

What @mvmac is pointing out is that a lot more people would be interested in your swing, and in helping you if they knew more about you and your thoughts and ideas.  Basically getting advice and tips is only a fraction of I think you will benefit from participating and contributing to making this a better a community!

Once people get to know you, and you get to know some people as well you will find that they will regularly visit your myswing thread to see what you have posted there, and they will support you and cheer you on in your ups and advise you when you are down.

Correct, well said.

Mike McLoughlin

Note: This thread is 3693 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!