IGNORED

Rate my divots !! Just to see how I'm doing.

Note: This thread is 3327 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Think of it as a random game. Based on my divots from today what can you tell about my swing?

titleist.gif 910 9.5 Driver titleist.gif 910 F 3 Wood callaway.gif 2009 X Forged Irons 

titleist.gif  Wedges  Vokey 54 and 60    taylormade.gif  Putter Daddy Long Legs

Ball : Whatever the hell I find at my job as a cart guy.

• Administrator
That the superintendent probably dreads seeing you heading for the range? :-)
  • Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Ha it's a muni I think he would be more upset picking up the range balls

titleist.gif 910 9.5 Driver titleist.gif 910 F 3 Wood callaway.gif 2009 X Forged Irons 

I take big divots like Sergio Garcia. My pro hates it when I go to the range. If I did what you did by spreading out my shots like that he'd ban me from hitting on the range.

Ha it's a muni I think he would be more upset picking up the range balls

Maybe Muni's would be in better shape if you changed your thought process and think, "Hmm maybe I am part of the problem". ;-)

If I was trying to find a spot to hit shots, you would be on my shit list for sure. Nothing worse than a driving rage that looked like a patch work from hell.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

The "It's just a muni" defense doesn't cut it. If it's good enough to play on it's good enough to take care of.

I suppose we are supposed to "read" what kinds of shots you were hitting from the divots. Most appear to point a little left, which really tells me nothing, and a couple appear to be toe down, but not clear enough from the picture to know for sure...So basically I've got nothing.

Well this thread didnt go as @BigDStars187 thought it would

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

I'm eating in n out it's awesome

The "It's just a muni" defense doesn't cut it. If it's good enough to play on it's good enough to take care of.

Honestly we should all go the extra mile to help maintain municipal courses because most lack the funding for the supplies and crew to properly maintain a golf course. Add that to the amount of traffic they typically get, and it's no wonder a lot of them are in terrible condition. Honestly, if more people would repair their ball marks and divots at my local track, maybe I wouldn't have to play LCP in my money games ;-) As an aside, is the way people treat golf courses an observation of broken windows theory?

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Think of it as a random game. Based on my divots from today what can you tell about my swing?

This is what I unfortunately see at our "grass" driving range, random divots that look like a minefield, why is it that I can hit a full bucket (80 balls) with wedges and leave behind an even 18" square that will be easy to seed and be completely 100% back in just a few weeks, and then there are people who by their own defense are not aware initially but after hitting here a few dozen times might get the clue, this thread inspires me to take a photo of my divots from 2 buckets just to show some folks who may be unaware how to hit balls at a grass driving range.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

Yes do it [quote name="flopster" url="/t/72788/rate-my-divots-just-to-see-how-im-doing#post_956401"] This is what I unfortunately see at our "grass" driving range, random divots that look like a minefield, why is it that I can hit a full bucket (80 balls) with wedges and leave behind an even 18" square that will be easy to seed and be completely 100% back in just a few weeks, and then there are people who by their own defense are not aware initially but after hitting here a few dozen times might get the clue, this thread inspires me to take a photo of my divots from 2 buckets just to show some folks who may be unaware how to hit balls at a grass driving range. [/quote]

The worst part is trying to setup balanced with craters everywhere. Not to mention how can you tell wtf you are doing? I use my first divot to judge how well I continue to make contact by continuing the pattern.

Dave :-)

Yes do it

No problem, I'll just assume you were unaware is all, no problem though I'll have it up in a few days.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

Not to pile on, but this is what a large bucket should look like.  Approximately 75 balls off the 3 1/2 strips you see below.

Other than that, not much to tell from divots alone.  My divots may be nice and clean, but my swing is anything but..... :8)

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

David: Nice furrows. However, I had this discussion with our pro, and he said that for Bermuda grass like we have down south, there should be about 6" between rows to allow enough of the Bermuda runners to run out quickly. Up north, they rely on seed to get the grass back, so taking rectangles is preferred. He is originally from Maine, so I guess he should know.

Either way is MUCH MUCH better than the OP's battlefield scenario. I hate to practice after a group of hacks demolish the driving range. It's one of my pet peeves.

David: Nice furrows. However, I had this discussion with our pro, and he said that for Bermuda grass like we have down south, there should be about 6" between rows to allow enough of the Bermuda runners to run out quickly. Up north, they rely on seed to get the grass back, so taking rectangles is preferred. He is originally from Maine, so I guess he should know. Either way is MUCH MUCH better than the OP's battlefield scenario. I hate to practice after a group of hacks demolish the driving range. It's one of my pet peeves.

Yeah, that one is kinda close, but there is room between them. That's all the room I had to work with, and they'll still fill in nicely. The real point is that strips with a bit of room between them is better than a single large 18" square that a lot of even better players leave behind. Unfortunately the bomb crater scenario (like where I'm standing in my pic) is a lot more common than either.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Note: This thread is 3327 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!