IGNORED

Self induced heart attack... by donuts

nevets88
Note: This thread is 3708 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Dough in Brooklyn NY

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Don't be ridiculous. How can something with a hole in it clog your arteries?

In My Bag:

Adams Super LS 9.5˚ driver, Aldila Phenom NL 65TX
Adams Super LS 15˚ fairway, Kusala black 72x
Adams Super LS 18˚ fairway, Aldila Rip'd NV 75TX
Adams Idea pro VST hybrid, 21˚, RIP Alpha 105x
Adams DHY 24˚, RIP Alpha 89x
5-PW Maltby TE irons, KBS C taper X, soft stepped once 130g
Mizuno T4, 54.9 KBS Wedge X
Mizuno R12 60.5, black nickel, KBS Wedge X
Odyssey Metal X #1 putter 
Bridgestone E5, Adidas samba bag, True Linkswear Stealth

Mmmmmmmmmm......donuts!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

[URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/92967/]

I don't know if this is an unpopular opinion, but I don't understand the appeal of mixing spicy and sweet. I don't like cayenne in my dark chocolate, or (slightly different here) salt on my caramel. (Otherwise those donuts look so, so good.)

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I have had there donuts they are the bomb, going back and forth to NY (Manhattan) every month for two years I got used to the food. There is nothing like it

Used to joke that I needed to get two seats to fly in order to fit my fat ass. Love the food in NY and miss my pie!

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

Bring on the donuts! All good as long as it fits your macros ;-)

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

My uncle was a baker.  He had a donut shop in Wellesley, MA back in the '70s.  His forearms were like Popeye's.

I don't each donuts very often anymore, but I remember his were awesome.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I don't know if this is an unpopular opinion, but I don't understand the appeal of mixing spicy and sweet. I don't like cayenne in my dark chocolate, or (slightly different here) salt on my caramel.

(Otherwise those donuts look so, so good.)

Yea I am not a fan of Cayenne pepper. I would pick something else for the spice.

Though sea salt + dark chocolate is so much better that sea salt in caramel. Though I am not a big caramel fan.

Still the best donuts I ever had was in Ocean City, Maryland. Liquid Assets, a restaurant + Liquor store. They have a desert that is a freshly made donut with the topping of the day. Mine was peanut butter and jelly donuts. Few moments happen when food can drown out everything else around you. These donuts shut off the world.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I don't know if this is an unpopular opinion, but I don't understand the appeal of mixing spicy and sweet. I don't like cayenne in my dark chocolate, or (slightly different here) salt on my caramel.

Probably not, but I know people who eat chocolate fudge and red chili peppers. Straight up. Not for me though.

I have no problems eating really spicy food, so sweet and spicy is interesting to me.

Steve

Salt basically turns up your taste buds, enhancing the sweet flavors and cutting bitterness. For those who drink coffee, you can add a tiny pinch of salt (not enough to taste salty) and it will require less sugar to cover the bitterness, therefore tasting better, especially if you have soft water. Same deal with chocolate which is very bitter by itself, and caramel which has poor, one dimensional flavor without the salt. Or you can look at the margarita, which uses salt and acidity to balance everything.

We are wired to love salt and we don't really taste some foods properly without it.

As for the spicy, I don't go much for Jalapeños, since I find them to taste pretty lame. There are much hotter and more flavorful peppers out there, including habaneros which have a slight fruity flavor to them in small amounts. One of the best desserts I ever made was a strawberry mango salsa with a touch of fresh habanero served over some ice cream.

You are welcome to your own tastes in food but that kind of stuff done well can be delicious. I do think it gets a bit overdone at a certain point but that donut seems tasty, I'd be all over the lemon poppy seed ones though.

In My Bag:

Adams Super LS 9.5˚ driver, Aldila Phenom NL 65TX
Adams Super LS 15˚ fairway, Kusala black 72x
Adams Super LS 18˚ fairway, Aldila Rip'd NV 75TX
Adams Idea pro VST hybrid, 21˚, RIP Alpha 105x
Adams DHY 24˚, RIP Alpha 89x
5-PW Maltby TE irons, KBS C taper X, soft stepped once 130g
Mizuno T4, 54.9 KBS Wedge X
Mizuno R12 60.5, black nickel, KBS Wedge X
Odyssey Metal X #1 putter 
Bridgestone E5, Adidas samba bag, True Linkswear Stealth

Note: This thread is 3708 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!