IGNORED

Minimalist Golf Swing

Note: This thread is 3567 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

On the Jim Suttie study I linked to, one key difference there was that they had a pump move to start the downswing, which likely increased power.

However, I also think there are flaws there in that study. They only had 29 golfers in the study, which is really only enough to give valid results for the group as a whole, not for subgroups. But they don't really give any results for the group as a whole. Instead everything is broken down by handicap, without saying what the sample was for each subgroup. I also notice that even the single digit handicappers in that sample only had an average carry with their 5-iron of 130 yards. So I also suspect it may not be a representative sample of single digit handicappers. Finally, while the study shows only a small loss of distance, it also shows minimal gains in accuracy either that I can see.

Now it may be that there are real gains for some golfers who practice this for some time (rather than learn it and take a few swings right away). But I suspect this is still mainly for people who don't already have a good swing. It seems like it might be especially useful as a kind of drill for golfers who haven't yet learned to make good consistent contact (simplifying everything else helps to focus more on impact).

Even looking at the Kinwar videos though, it seems none of her students who are actually good golfers really even use the whole swing; most of them seem to still be using a normal wrist hinge rather than going verticle with the club at the top like she does. And in the Hooters tour players video posted above, she only had the players increase the right side tilt, they didn't do anything else that she teaches. So this is essentially a video on the benefit of having and maintaining good secondary tilt.

Finally, as for the biomechanically correct swing, it seems to me there was a guy named Mike Austin, with a degree in mechanical engineering and a doctorate in kinesiology, who did that years ago and managed to generate a little more power with his version.

I have the little wrist 'thingy" that one of Mike Austin's biographers, Philip Reed, markets. Interesting. It makes a golfer perform an underhanded clap or skipping stone motion and encourages the golfer to fully load the trailing side of your golf swing with a head tilt and lower body step as  a downswing trigger.

None of Mike Austin's group however, tries to pretend his method is easily used by common golfers which seems to be Kiran's design and purpose. Keeping the right side in tilt is her "magic move" and certainly has helped my swing even with a deteriorating physical condition! Tomorrow I'll hit balls somewhere and I am eager to see how many benefits come from this simple MGSS.

Patrick

MGS Fan

Everything was worse.-Contact, distance, clubhead speed.-Good golfers dont stay flat-footed as much as she wants andgood golfers turn their shoulders and hips and good golfers hinge their wrists.-The swing flat out stunk. I can see how you might teach someone new to golf to do this if they can tee up the ball but doing this will hamper their ability to go beyond sucking.[quote name="Innercity Mini" url="/t/72863/minimalist-golf-swing/54#post_1018619"]Was there a part of the swing you found worked better than anticipated? Worse?[/quote] 150 yards longer than it was with this. Clubhead speed was significantly less-over 55 MPHs less. [quote name="Innercity Mini" url="/t/72863/minimalist-golf-swing/54#post_1018619"]How far is your normal drive?[/quote] The most difficult part was some of my studnets looking at me wondering what in the hell I was up to.--I started the thread but the swing is a farking joke dude.-Im not like the others here and gonna wish you well-I literally think you dont use the swing as she teaches it. The before/after videos of the pros are not doing anything like her swing at all either.-They are videos shot the same day probably an hour later and they are almost identical, very tiny changes.-Nothing lik ewhat she teaches they still turn back fully and hinge their wrists she just gets them to restrict their lower bodies a little (which is only good if youre overactive there but ask Bubba about being over-active and what it can do). -You keep talking about respect but its a two-way street buddy. Youre talking down to a lot of people who are a hell uva lot smarter about the golf swing than you are and from what ive read than Kiran Kawnar is either. [quote name="Innercity Mini" url="/t/72863/minimalist-golf-swing/54#post_1018619"]What was the hardest part of the swing to perform? Look, if I had started a thread, those would be just some of the issues I would explore to encourage people to give it a chance and treat the  originator of the swing with respect.[/quote] I dont needt o have tried it to have a valid opinion.-The swing is horrible and lacks power and you can see that plain as day without making a fool of yourself on the range. [quote name="Innercity Mini" url="/t/72863/minimalist-golf-swing/54#post_1018619"]In my own use of the swing, I simply stand tall with the ball in the middle of my feet together, left hand on the club. I look to my side, lightly connect the club with my right hand as I tilt my ear to back shoulder.I lift my arm up my chest ( trying to keep thumbs horizontal-it takes practice) and plant my left heel to initiate the downswing. Anyway you tried it to some extent and you have some valid opinion! Congrats! [/quote] Plus the no backswing swing is not the kiran kawnar swing-It is just a regular swing where the player doesnt make a backswing or just stops at the top.-Not much else in common with this goofy swing.130-yard 5-irons is more than I could muster with this swing too despite my regular distance 194. [quote name="acerimusdux" url="/t/72863/minimalist-golf-swing/54#post_1018647"]I also notice that even the single digit handicappers in that sample only had an average carry with their 5-iron of 130 yards. So I also suspect it may not be a representative sample of single digit handicappers. Finally, while the study shows only a small loss of distance, it also shows minimal gains in accuracy either that I can see.[/quote] Stop pointing out the obvious-Youll ruin someones day.-Cant you see plain as day that this swing is JUST LIKE BEN HOGANS SWING? [quote name="acerimusdux" url="/t/72863/minimalist-golf-swing/54#post_1018647"]Even looking at the Kinwar videos though, it seems none of her students who are actually good golfers really even use the whole swing; most of them seem to still be using a normal wrist hinge rather than going verticle with the club at the top like she does. And in the Hooters tour players video posted above, she only had the players increase the right side tilt, they didn't do anything else that she teaches. So this is essentially a video on the benefit of having and maintaining good secondary tilt.[/quote] Film your swing.-Time to put up or shut up. Lets see proof of your driving prowess. [quote name="Innercity Mini" url="/t/72863/minimalist-golf-swing/72#post_1018654"]None of Mike Austin's group however, tries to pretend his method is easily used by common golfers which seems to be Kiran's design and purpose. Keeping the right side in tilt is her "magic move" and certainly has helped my swing even with a deteriorating physical condition! Tomorrow I'll hit balls somewhere and I am eager to see how many benefits come from this simple MGSS. [/quote]
  • Upvote 1

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I also notice that even the single digit handicappers in that sample only had an average carry with their 5-iron of 130 yards.

:bugout::bugout::bugout::bugout:

I'm not a very good golfer and I'm not the longest guy around but I can hit a 5 iron (or a PW for that matter) more than 130 yards just about no matter what kind of swing I use or how crappy it is.

I don't get it!!!!

Everything was worse.-Contact, distance, clubhead speed.-Good golfers dont stay flat-footed as much as she wants andgood golfers turn their shoulders and hips and good golfers hinge their wrists.-The swing flat out stunk. I can see how you might teach someone new to golf to do this if they can tee up the ball but doing this will hamper their ability to go beyond sucking.

150 yards longer than it was with this. Clubhead speed was significantly less-over 55 MPHs less.

The most difficult part was some of my studnets looking at me wondering what in the hell I was up to.--I started the thread but the swing is a farking joke dude.-Im not like the others here and gonna wish you well-I literally think you dont use the swing as she teaches it. The before/after videos of the pros are not doing anything like her swing at all either.-They are videos shot the same day probably an hour later and they are almost identical, very tiny changes.-Nothing lik ewhat she teaches they still turn back fully and hinge their wrists she just gets them to restrict their lower bodies a little (which is only good if youre overactive there but ask Bubba about being over-active and what it can do). -You keep talking about respect but its a two-way street buddy. Youre talking down to a lot of people who are a hell uva lot smarter about the golf swing than you are and from what ive read than Kiran Kawnar is either.

I dont needt o have tried it to have a valid opinion.-The swing is horrible and lacks power and you can see that plain as day without making a fool of yourself on the range.

Plus the no backswing swing is not the kiran kawnar swing-It is just a regular swing where the player doesnt make a backswing or just stops at the top.-Not much else in common with this goofy swing.130-yard 5-irons is more than I could muster with this swing too despite my regular distance 194.

Stop pointing out the obvious-Youll ruin someones day.-Cant you see plain as day that this swing is JUST LIKE BEN HOGANS SWING?

Film your swing.-Time to put up or shut up. Lets see proof of your driving prowess.

The meds I'm taking 10 days after the surgery are still not letting me figure out the milt-quote though I've tried. So, this response will feed the almost  angst that is so present in thread. Sorry in advance.

If I can hit my driving range net using Kinwar's Minimalist Golf Swing, (250 yards with a range ball)  after a total knee replacementI'd like something in return like an admission you are a  really irrational regarding this whole thing and are lacking perspective. Maybe you never dreamed someone would really challenge your understanding of this? I still don't get the negative passion you are expressing Phil.

Kiran is not great at using videos and her videos are piecemeal. Her technique is evolving as she says in multiple videosl She is reverse engineering a swing given club design and best human joint movements-her stuff is clunky and a work in progress-and it works well and lots of people have tried it and benefitted from it including me.

The "no-backswing swing: is very similar to Kiran's stretching up of her left arm which is why she calls it a "do -nothing" down swing-stretch and release it. Her right side is lower than the left coming into impact, Weight is evenly distributed at address but changes with her pre-sets and tilts. Both her and Suttie have conversed about her swing and he recommended it partially. His assistant tried one of her pre-sets and benefitted from it. Yes, many people don't try all of her moves all at once-any golf swing is learned in pieces and her big "magic move" as she says are pre-sets and keeping the right side lower than the left.

I teach really angry inner-city kids everyday, either in class or at The First Tee. When my students don't understand something that's new, we all have a laugh and see what we can learn from our attempts-At the First Tee we goof on techniques all the time in between instruction and skill contests!I don't get your level of angst and outrage over this whole thing, Phil.

If I practice an underhand clap motion after lifting up my left arm, or simply set my weight on my left heel and after her pre-sets, my five iron is going 180 even after surgery-I'll film that too along with the driver.

I just don't get the angst over all of this.

Patrick

MGS Fan

The meds I'm taking 10 days after the surgery are still not letting me figure out the milt-quote though I've tried. So, this response will feed the almost  angst that is so present in thread. Sorry in advance.

If I can hit my driving range net using Kinwar's Minimalist Golf Swing, (250 yards with a range ball)  after a total knee replacementI'd like something in return like an admission you are a  really irrational regarding this whole thing and are lacking perspective. Maybe you never dreamed someone would really challenge your understanding of this? I still don't get the negative passion you are expressing Phil.

Kiran is not great at using videos and her videos are piecemeal. Her technique is evolving as she says in multiple videosl She is reverse engineering a swing given club design and best human joint movements-her stuff is clunky and a work in progress-and it works well and lots of people have tried it and benefitted from it including me.

The "no-backswing swing: is very similar to Kiran's stretching up of her left arm which is why she calls it a "do -nothing" down swing-stretch and release it. Her right side is lower than the left coming into impact, Weight is evenly distributed at address but changes with her pre-sets and tilts. Both her and Suttie have conversed about her swing and he recommended it partially. His assistant tried one of her pre-sets and benefitted from it. Yes, many people don't try all of her moves all at once-any golf swing is learned in pieces and her big "magic move" as she says are pre-sets and keeping the right side lower than the left.

I teach really angry inner-city kids everyday, either in class or at The First Tee. When my students don't understand something that's new, we all have a laugh and see what we can learn from our attempts-At the First Tee we goof on techniques all the time in between instruction and skill contests!I don't get your level of angst and outrage over this whole thing, Phil.

If I practice an underhand clap motion after lifting up my left arm, or simply set my weight on my left heel and after her pre-sets, my five iron is going 180 even after surgery-I'll film that too along with the driver.

I just don't get the angst over all of this.

You're teaching this to young children?!!! Oh the humanity! :doh:

If you are happy with this "swing" then great. I just don't see you convincing many folks around here to make the change.

- Shane

You're teaching this to young children?!!! Oh the humanity!

If you are happy with this "swing" then great. I just don't see you convincing many folks around here to make the change.

Very funny-"oh the humanity!" Cute!  I don't need to convince many folks, really, it just stems me to see something slammed without any proof!  I am going to the range tomorrow and will try to hit a few balls with my new knee. Later a film or two to show that good distance is possible and people should be open-minded.

Here is Kiran's partial CV:

Highlights of Achievements
  • Twenty three years experience as a golf instructor - all skill levels Tour Pros to beginners since 1989
  • Inventor Minimalist Golf Swing System - world’s only reverse-engineered-for-ideal-impact swing
  • Winner of Ladies All India Open Amateur Golf Championship 1983
  • Website http://www.yourgolfguru.com has over 250,000 international hits annually since 1999
  • Author of instruction e-book titled ‘DIY (do-it-yourself) GOLF' - sold on website 2006
  • Golf Writer (13-year column for Mid-Day; also articles for every major Indian Publication) since 1985
  • Columnist, Golf Digest India since 2003
Golf Swing Biomechanics Presentations at Conferences and Workshops
  • Oral Paper at World Scientific Congress of Golf (WSCG) 2012
  • Symposium (jointly with biomechanists) ‘Science-based Methods Improve Ball Flight (WSCG) 2012
  • Workshop ‘Correct Positioning of Body-Joints to Improve Golf Ball Flight’ (WSCG) 2012
  • Seminar for PGA of America’s Gateway Section ‘Bringing Science to the Golf Swing‘ 2011
  • Seminar for Students of MS in Sports Science of Logan Univ.‘Bringing Science to the Golf Swing‘ 2011
  • PGA of Asia Second Golf Conference, speaker, “Human Anatomy in the Golf Swing‘ 2011
  • PGA of Asia First Golf Conference, speaker, ‘Bringing Science to the Golf Swing‘ 2010
  • Workshop for Indian Tour Pros ‘Biomechanics; Physiology; Fitness Principles for Better Ball-Striking‘ 2009
  • Exhibited a more effective and scientific golf swing (Booth 1880) at PGA Merchandise Show 2008
  • Conducted LPGA Workshop – ‘How to Analyze and Improve Ball Flight‘ 2008
  • Third World Scientific Congress of Golf, St. Andrews, Scotland - 3 research-based posters 1998
  • Second World Scientific Congress of Golf - Oral Paper ‘One Move to Better Ball Flight' 1994
Golf Swing Research
  • Mini-study at PGA of America’s Golf Learning and Performance Center 2010
  • Hooters’ Tour demo - A Science-based swing-template improves ball-flight tracked on Doppler radar 2010
  • Golf industry funded research in collaboration with Washington University in St Louis 2007
  • Golf industry funded swing research in collaboration with St Louis Univ., USA 2006
  • Golf Digest Magazine aided research on quick improvement of women’s swings 2004
  • European Congress of Sports Sciences – poster accepted 2003
  • The PGA, The Belfry, U.K. - Conducted 2-week research on a scientifically correct golf swing 1997
Teaching Experience
  • Teaching Professional at Oak Brook Golf Club, Edwardsville, Il since 2011
  • Teaching Professional, Sunset Hills Golf Club St Louis, MO, USA since 2007
  • Head Professional at Triple A Golf and Tennis Club, St Louis, MO, USA 2006 - 09
  • Teaching Professional at four clubs in Mumbai, India since 1989
  • Coach to the United Services' Club Inter-Club Championship Team 2006
  • Golf Instructor at Peggy Kirk Bell's Golfari Schools at Pine Needles, NC, USA 1995
  • Designed layout for, and taught golf at, India's first indoor golf facility at Landmarc Citi, Mumbai. 2002
  • Teach golf to local and regional level winners of World Long Drive Championship since 2007
  • Conducted PGA of India’s National Junior Coaching Camp, Pune 2008
  • Golf Professional for First Tee of St Louis and The PGA of America Gateway Section Jr Camps 2006 - 09
Professional Affiliations
  • Class A member, The LPGA, Teaching & Club Professional Div. since 2007
  • Advanced Golf Professional, The PGA, U.K. since 1995
  • Class A Member and Member Board of Management, The PGA of India 1990- and 2008- resp.
  • Class A Member and Teaching Staff, The National Golf Academy of India 2006- and 2008- resp
  • American College of Sports Medicine, certified Personal Trainer since 2009
  • Member, Golf Writers’ Association of America since 2005
Education
  • MS in Sports Science and Rehabilitation, Logan University, St Louis, MO (candidate) 2011-14
  • Bachelor of Science (Physics, Math): St. Xavier's College, Bombay University 1976
  • Indian School Certificate : Queen Mary School, Mumbai

Patrick

MGS Fan

Not hard-If I can figure it out you can.[quote name="Innercity Mini" url="/t/72863/minimalist-golf-swing/72#post_1019003"]The meds I'm taking 10 days after the surgery are still not letting me figure out the milt-quote though I've tried. So, this response will feed the almost  angst that is so present in thread. Sorry in advance.[/quote] Still dont believe you.-If you can you arent doing the swing she demonstrates and if you do the swing she demonstrates you arent hitting it over 200. You asked me to try it. I did. Now Im 'irrational' despite being the only one here who took you up on your challenge to try it.-This is not challeniging my understanding. This swing is garbage as taught. If you think Ive been rude prior to now keep pushing-keep being a jerk yourself.-Lets see how far this goes. [quote name="Innercity Mini" url="/t/72863/minimalist-golf-swing/72#post_1019003"]If I can hit my driving range net using Kinwar's Minimalist Golf Swing, (250 yards with a range ball)  after a total knee replacementI'd like something in return like an admission you are a  really irrational regarding this whole thing and are lacking perspective. Maybe you never dreamed someone would really challenge your understanding of this? I still don't get the negative passion you are expressing Phil.[/quote] No the No Backswing Swing is a NORMAL BACKSWING that you just stop and pose at the top and then just make a downswing. [quote name="Innercity Mini" url="/t/72863/minimalist-golf-swing/72#post_1019003"]The "no-backswing swing: is very similar to Kiran's stretching up of her left arm which is why she calls it a "do -nothing" down swing-stretch and release it.[/quote] All caused by you-its not a good swing that can get anyone to a middle to low single digits. Or hitting a ball very far. [quote name="Innercity Mini" url="/t/72863/minimalist-golf-swing/72#post_1019003"]I just don't get the angst over all of this. [/quote]

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

If I can hit my driving range net using Kinwar's Minimalist Golf Swing, (250 yards with a range ball)

Here's the thing: You're just some dude on the internet making an outlandish claim that none of us believes and then getting all pissed because nobody is taking your word for it. I'm with @Phil McGleno , I call Bullshit, show us video of you getting anything remotely like the distances you claim with that exact same swing or learn to live with everyone thinking you're full of shit.

If you're enjoying golf with that swing then more power to ya, I can understand your enthusiasm, golf is lot of fun when you're keeping it in play and not losing balls. But I would stop trying to preach the wonders of this swing to a +2.7 handicap because it just makes you look like a moron.

Peace.

:beer:

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Here's the thing: You're just some dude on the internet making an outlandish claim that none of us believes and then getting all pissed because nobody is taking your word for it. I'm with @Phil McGleno, I call Bullshit, show us video of you getting anything remotely like the distances you claim with that exact same swing or learn to live with everyone thinking you're full of shit.

If you're enjoying golf with that swing then more power to ya, I can understand your enthusiasm, golf is lot of fun when you're keeping it in play and not losing balls. But I would stop trying to preach the wonders of this swing to a +2.7 handicap because it just makes you look like a moron.

Peace.

I am not pissed just defending a system I have used effectively.  My earliest  responses show a "live and let live attitude" toward everyone."And "peace" is what I am hoping we all have regardless of the swing we use or our HCP.   i actually want to buy "The Lowest Score Wins Book" as I'm sure it has valuable insights.

"The exact same swing?"  Kiran has certain basics in her system but shows all sorts of adaptations from all sorts of golfers. Her basics which I will put on a video shortly are "pre-sets," "right side lower than the left throughout swing and impact," "left arm raised to up the chest to stretching," and "horizontal thumbs" which I tend to forget often since I have been putting my thumbs up for 20 years.

In 1994, I caddied for a Bell South VP (yes that long ago), who qualified for the US Amateur and taught me this game which I love. I played with him one day and shot 135 on 18 with Jerry giving me 40 foot putts out of time constraints. :doh: A year later, I was in the "E" flight for our annual Kiwanis-Civitan golf-grudge match and teed off against a competitor prior to sunrise, lol. That was before my left hip was replaced. I limped to the first tee and hit my shot so poorly i was soaked with dew and mud. My competitor exclaimed "Great!" I'm playing with a cripple for 18 holes!" Man, I was pissed! Out of sheer frustration, I forgot any thought of how and pretended I was Jerry on every shot!  When the dust had settled, I shot a 79 and won a set of clubs, money, and lots of Top Flites! That was my lowest score ever.

Jerry won the Championship flight with a 78! And, I shamelessly teased that Southern metrosexual about how happy I had made "cripples" that day. :banana: There is a lot of bullshit in golf-Kiran's system is not bullshit as you will see.

My hope is that after I submit my vids we can all take a breath and admit strange stuff is strange and sometimes really works. "Bullshit" does not hurt my feelings as a term since I can use her insights effectively. I drove around the cup-de sac last night for the first time and was able to bend my knee to work the gas pedal. I actually will follows Phil's advice and "keep pushing" since trying is all I know esp. since appearances are so deceiving. It is silly to let anyone or anything related to golf disrupt our own personal happiness.

India was part of the British Empire for a long time and golf is firmly established as a tradition. Imagine how competitive Kiran had to be to win the 1983 Amateur Women's Indian open and how dedicated she is to the game to have such an impressive CV. :smartass: We are lucky to have her in the golfing community!

Kind Regards,

Patrick

Patrick

MGS Fan

I don't know, I'm sure those with limited physical ability might do okay with it, but I can't see it as an option for average golfers.  Is this what logman was referring to?

I am trying to learn the multi-post.

Patrick

MGS Fan

I am trying to learn the multi-post.

So a reply must be started so you can go back and "grab" other quotes!

Funny that I've never heard of it until now...

Oh, I think I think I have it.

Patrick

MGS Fan

[QUOTE name="Innercity Mini" url="/t/72863/minimalist-golf-swing/72#post_1019191"]   I am trying to learn the multi-post. [/QUOTE] So a reply must be started so you can go back and "grab" other quotes! [QUOTE name="CarlSpackler" url="/t/72863/minimalist-golf-swing/72#post_1019064"] Funny that I've never heard of it until now...[/QUOTE] Oh, I think I think I have it.

Great, makes things easier doesn't it? By the way I tried the swing and I couldn't even hit the ball.. I tried given it a chance, but maybe it is just not for me.. Good luck with it though!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

You're teaching this to young children?!!! Oh the humanity!

Great, makes things easier doesn't it?

By the way I tried the swing and I couldn't even hit the ball.. I tried given it a chance, but maybe it is just not for me.. Good luck with it though!

My big breakthrough was tilting my right ear to my right shoulder and lifting the left arm up the chest before clapping or stepping on the left heel.  Staying in the back-tilt or right-sided tilt shallows the club and gives full arm extension on every shot.  It took a couple of rounds to relax the head tilt and leave it there throughout the swing. The power granted by that head-tilt is amplified because the body turn is restricted and more power is sent into the ball, not deflected via  the arc away from impact. As I'll show in a little while, I just tilt my right ear after set-up/stance, connect the right hand, oft and fire! I am more deliberate on doglegs since the pre-turn really can produce a hook or slice (shoulders open)!

Chips and Sand shots are the same as is the putting-it looks odd and my scores are dropping!  If you think about it, very few swings are "beautiful," esp. as we age! :smartass:

Maybe Phil just saw a few of the vids before attempting his five iron-in any case we all make mistakes-MGS is not a mistake-simply odd looking!

Kind Regards,

Patrick

Patrick

MGS Fan

Great, makes things easier doesn't it?

By the way I tried the swing and I couldn't even hit the ball.. I tried given it a chance, but maybe it is just not for me.. Good luck with it though!

OOPS!  I apologize to Erik- I did not realize he is involved in another swing system-I found this thread via a google search and did not mean to cast aspersions on his fine original research-My only goal was to defend a system i am benefitting from! I have wanted to purchase Erik's "PureStrike system" since seeing it advertised!

I will post my MGS videos soon but now understand that I walked into the wrong bar during the wrong bar-fight which explains all the angst! :surrender:

Patrick

MGS Fan

[QUOTE name="Abu3baid" url="/t/72863/minimalist-golf-swing/72#post_1019195"] Great, makes things easier doesn't it? By the way I tried the swing and I couldn't even hit the ball.. I tried given it a chance, but maybe it is just not for me.. Good luck with it though![/QUOTE] OOPS!  I apologize to Erik- I did not realize he is involved in another swing system-I found this thread via a google search and did not mean to cast aspersions on his fine original research-My only goal was to defend a system i am benefitting from! I have wanted to purchase Erik's "PureStrike system" since seeing it advertised! I will post my MGS videos soon but now understand that I walked into the wrong bar during the wrong bar-fight which explains all the angst! :surrender:

I'm confused, what are you saying exactly?

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

My big breakthrough was tilting my right ear to my right shoulder and lifting the left arm up the chest before clapping or stepping on the left heel.  Staying in the back-tilt or right-sided tilt shallows the club and gives full arm extension on every shot.  It took a couple of rounds to relax the head tilt and leave it there throughout the swing. The power granted by that head-tilt is amplified because the body turn is restricted and more power is sent into the ball, not deflected via  the arc away from impact. As I'll show in a little while, I just tilt my right ear after set-up/stance, connect the right hand, oft and fire! I am more deliberate on doglegs since the pre-turn really can produce a hook or slice (shoulders open)!

Chips and Sand shots are the same as is the putting-it looks odd and my scores are dropping!  If you think about it, very few swings are "beautiful," esp. as we age!

Maybe Phil just saw a few of the vids before attempting his five iron-in any case we all make mistakes-MGS is not a mistake-simply odd looking!

Kind Regards,

Patrick

Did you put your left foot in, your left foot out, your left foot in and shake it all about? That ought to work too :-P

In my Sun Mountain 14 Way Stand Bag:

Driver - Ping G30 10.5* : Fairway - Ping G30 18* : Hybrids - Titleist 915H 21* & 915 H 24* : Irons - Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 5 - GW : Wedges, Vokey 54.14, Vokey 58.12 : Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 or Ping Craz-E-R  : Ball - Bridgestone B330RX, Cart - Cliqgear 3.5

• Administrator

OOPS!  I apologize to Erik- I did not realize he is involved in another swing system-I found this thread via a google search and did not mean to cast aspersions on his fine original research-My only goal was to defend a system i am benefitting from! I have wanted to purchase Erik's "PureStrike system" since seeing it advertised!

The 5 Simple Keys® is accepting of any and all swing "methods" because it boils things down to the five commonalities of the game's best players. That does not preclude me from "liking" any other type of swing, so long as it achieves these commonalities.

No apology necessary, but… just realize, perhaps, that I know what I'm talking about.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 3567 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!