IGNORED

2014 NCAA Football

saevel25
Note: This thread is 3380 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I wonder if Cal will beat an FBS team this year..../Rimshot -------- @saevel25 didn't your backup QB claim he was not at Ohio State to "play school"...haha just playing brotha. The Golden Bears don't have much room to talk.

Riley

I wonder if Cal will beat an FBS team this year..../Rimshot

@saevel25 didn't your backup QB claim he was not at Ohio State to "play school"...haha just playing brotha. The Golden Bears don't have much room to talk.

Ah, I forgot Jones said that. As of right now he's not the primary back up. The Barnett has got the leg up in camp so far.

I really don't care what an 18-19 year old says. They find out soon enough that they are not all that once training starts. That's what happens when you recruit top 10 classes every year. Your back ups are usually just as good as you. So, if you don't work just as hard, you will not play. Meyer isn't one to start a senior just because he's a senior. If a freshman beats out a guy, he's going to play.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Ah, I forgot Jones said that. As of right now he's not the primary back up. The Barnett has got the leg up in camp so far.  I really don't care what an 18-19 year old says. They find out soon enough that they are not all that once training starts. That's what happens when you recruit top 10 classes every year. Your back ups are usually just as good as you. So, if you don't work just as hard, you will not play. Meyer isn't one to start a senior just because he's a senior. If a freshman beats out a guy, he's going to play.

Yep very true. I'm disappointed, I was looking forward to it. These guys think they're hot shit and then realize there's one or two guys just as good as you coming in yearly... I'm looking forward to the season..I do hate PAC 12 Network & Directv for not coming up with a deal.

Riley

Further investigation shows that the likely injury is a shoulder dislocation or separation while preforming a non-contact drill, while making a routine throw. Doesn't look too good.

When Can an Athlete Return to Sports Following a Dislocated Shoulder?

Most football players who dislocate their shoulder for the first time can usually return to play within six weeks of the injury once they reestablish full range of shoulder motion and strength. They must be able to perform all of the actions necessitated by their position prior to return to play. Those players who undergo surgery usually require five to six months of rehabilitation before they are able to resume contact and collision sports.

-Dr. Matt Matava-Associate Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery Washington University School of Medicine

Sounds like the ligaments in his arm were probably weakened over his career to the point that, from visual reports (no MRI results yet), that he suffered a shoulder dislocation or separation on a routine pass. If this is the case, then he will be out at least 4-6 weeks. If he has to get surgery to repair any ligament damage, then he's done for the year.

If this happened, optimally he would be back by September 30th to go against Maryland. Then he would get a bye week before they finish up the meat of their Big Ten schedule. My guess is, rehab him aggressively, get him back in the Maryland game for some game reps, make sure he's OK. then get him ready for the rest of the year.

In the mean time its NEXT MAN UP!

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

Yep, it is official, Braxton is out for this current season.

Looks like the dislocation will required surgery on the shoulder. Braxton has stated he will graduate this year and then go on to grad school at Ohio State, take his medical red shirt and come back next season to be OSU's Quarterback.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Yep, it is official, Braxton is out for this current season.

Looks like the dislocation will required surgery on the shoulder. Braxton has stated he will graduate this year and then go on to grad school at Ohio State, take his medical red shirt and come back next season to be OSU's Quarterback.

I saw this today.   At least it happened before the season starts, so his replacement will get significant practice reps with the first team.

Razr Fit Xtreme 9.5* Matrix Black Tie shaft, Diablo Octane 3 wood 15*, Razr X Hybrid 21*, Razr X 4-SW, Forged Dark Chrome 60* lob wedge, Hex Chrome & Hex Black ball

4 star recruit from Texas, ranked by Rivals as the 7th best dual threat QB in the nation. 4 star recruit on Scouts, ranked as the 13th best QB in the nation. Arm strength might not be elite, but he is accurate and smart. From what I heard he's ahead of all the other QB's in terms of knowing the playbook.

So we'll see how it goes. He seems to be the type of guy to fit the system, and has all the ability to succeed. He just has to put it together on the field.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

4 star recruit from Texas, ranked by Rivals as the 7th best dual threat QB in the nation. 4 star recruit on Scouts, ranked as the 13th best QB in the nation. Arm strength might not be elite, but he is accurate and smart. From what I heard he's ahead of all the other QB's in terms of knowing the playbook.

So we'll see how it goes. He seems to be the type of guy to fit the system, and has all the ability to succeed. He just has to put it together on the field.

Sounds like there won't be much need to alter the scheme much.   Should be a good thing for continuity.    Honestly, if he has much success, I'm not sure it would be in OSU's best interest to play Miller next year, since they could have 4 years of this kid versus just one more with Miller.     I think I'd just quietly suggest he try for the NFL..

Razr Fit Xtreme 9.5* Matrix Black Tie shaft, Diablo Octane 3 wood 15*, Razr X Hybrid 21*, Razr X 4-SW, Forged Dark Chrome 60* lob wedge, Hex Chrome & Hex Black ball

• 2 weeks later...

South Carolina and TAMU should be interesting tomorrow night.

Looking forward to seeing exactly what TAMU comes up with since Johnny's gone. They are going to have to improve their defense to have a shot.

I'll pick South Carolina but not a confident pick.

South Carolina and TAMU should be interesting tomorrow night.

Looking forward to seeing exactly what TAMU comes up with since Johnny's gone. They are going to have to improve their defense to have a shot.

I'll pick South Carolina but not a confident pick.

Pretty sorry pick from me for my first pick of the season.

TAMU is a much better team than South Carolina and Kenny Hill looks pretty darned good.

Doesn't seem that long ago I was watching his dad pitch for the Cards.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Two really good games tonight.

FL State vs OK State, and my Badgers vs. LSU.  Big one for the Badgers.  Tough to start with a must win game, but that's how I'd characterize it if they want to be on the big stage this year.....

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Navy's a pretty trendy upset pick. How do you feel @saevel25 ?

The only thing I want to see as much as my Badgers beating LSU is for Navy to beat the Buckeyes. God, that would be so cool! Don't really see it happening though.......

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

The only thing I want to see as much as my Badgers beating LSU is for Navy to beat the Buckeyes. God, that would be so cool! Don't really see it happening though.......

Me neither. They have a good team though, their QB has been there forever it seems. Navy Kicker missed a very short FG. Navy leads 7-6 at HT

Riley

My boys are probably going to be in for a rough night tonight (I think SC is favored by 3 touchdowns) ... but wearing the jersey all day today in support!!  You never know ... :dance:

Note: This thread is 3380 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!