IGNORED

Grips

Note:Β This thread is 2972 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use the top left. Cleaner disinfectant .

Thanks @Dstob , I'll check it out.

Just a little tip for you, always "quote" the person you are replying to, it's just makes it easier for everyone to follow the discussion as sometimes there are a lot of posts between your reply and the person you are replying to.

Welcome to the Trap.

:beer:

Yours in earnest,Β Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks:Β :cleveland:Β 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5* Β :tmade:Β RBZ HL 3wΒ Β :nickent:Β 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H Β :callaway:Β X-22 5-AW Β :nike:SV tour 56* SWΒ :mizuno:Β MP-T11 60* LWΒ :bridgestone:Β customized TD-03 putterΒ :tmade:Penta TP3 Β Β :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

To me they'reΒ similar to a Tour Velvets but tackier. Tour Velvets when they are brand new, not after a month

My biggest complaint about the Tour Velvets was how they feel "after a month" (or sometimes a week). ;-)

Brand new I could live with them, but they still wouldn't be my favorites.

Thanks @DstobΒ , I'll check it out.

Just a little tip for you, always "quote" the person you are replying to, it's just makes it easier for everyone to follow the discussion as sometimes there are a lot of posts between your reply and the person you are replying to.

Welcome to the Trap.

EJ, thanks for the tip. Didn't know about the quotes. Dave

I use original Krud Kutter.

This stuff is great too

JK. The grips would probably disentigrate.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3Β  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tourΒ Β 14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

I starting using Pure Pro grips last year. I have played 40 rounds with them and practice at least twice a week during the season and the grips are still in good shape. I clean them after every round with Gripes, theΒ grip cleaning wipes made by Lamkin.Β Β Best grips I've ever used. Very easy to install and remove with the compressor gun attachment.

I think it's better to use hot water and a dishwashing brush for the pure grips, I have heard that chemicals will mess them up after a while... Went from GP Niion to these and have never been more happy, they also have a lot of different colours.

Every time this thread comes up I want to order white ones. Im probably going to get the greens though since Mike said they stay looking good.

Ok so my question is I usually get 2-3 wraps of tape under my grips. What do I so to build up the pures? Also did you guys but the gun to do it yourself?

The same way you'd have done it with old grips, but instead of the double sided tape, just use single sided masking tape.Β  I used this stuff:

Another thing you can do if you want:Β  Just leave the tape that is already on there.Β  I wouldn't recommend it, because it's so much harder to work the grips onto the shaft over sticky tape ... but I know that it is possible, because I did it that way the first time.

And, yes, I went ahead and bought the gun to do it myself.Β  The air compressor is just all-around handy to own, and the gun wasn't very expensive ($20, I think) so it comes out way cheaper than paying somebody else to re-grip your clubs for you.

Ok so my question is I usually get 2-3 wraps of tape under my grips. What do I so to build up the pures? Also did you guys but the gun to do it yourself?

I installed Pure grips the old way! Works as charm, just let them dry for 1 hour of more! On my irons I have always used 2 layers and 1 extra under my right thumb, did the same with Pure :)

It's not a problem using tape under pure grips when doing the blow gun. Just use the same liquid as the old school way and blow them on...

edit: use the tape as said above, easypeasy and you do not need the liquid and drying time..

But you need to look at the thikness of the tape to get the exact grip size

Like this: Β Β http://thesandtrap.com/t/73105/grip-sizes

I installed Pure grips the old way! Works as charm, just let them dry for 1 hour of more! On my irons I have always used 2 layers and 1 extra under my right thumb, did the same with Pure :)

It's not a problem using tape under pure grips when doing the blow gun. Just use the same liquid as the old school way and blow them on...

edit: use the tape as said above, easypeasy and you do not need the liquid and drying time..

But you need to look at the thikness of the tape to get the exact grip size

Like this: Β Β http://thesandtrap.com/t/73105/grip-sizes

Yeah, if you are proficient in installing grips the conventional way, you can certainly do that with Pures as well.

The appeal for me was that I had no experience at all in installing grips, did not have any tools or supplies, and yet with three fairly small purchases (the gun, a grip removal knife, and a little rubber vice attachment), and aΒ little trial and error (no permanent ones though)Β I was able to become an "expert" at installing/uninstalling my own grips. :)

Yeah, if you are proficient in installing grips the conventional way, you can certainly do that with Pures as well. The appeal for me was that I had no experience at all in installing grips, did not have any tools or supplies, and yet with three fairly small purchases (the gun, a grip removal knife, and a little rubber vice attachment), and aΒ little trial and error (no permanent ones though)Β I was able to become an "expert" at installing/uninstalling my own grips. :)

Which pure grips did you purchase?

I second this!Β  I have Pure Pros as well.Β  The dark blue ones in these pictures are mine.Β  And I don't even mean just the same style as mine, but those are my ACTUAL grips.Β  :)Β  The light blue ones are on my wifes clubs.Β  And you can see by the date of those posts that mine are coming up on one year old right now.Β  I play about 25-30 times a year and practice about twice a week.Β  They are showing no signs of wear EXCEPT for the white stripes on a few of them have come partially off.Β  Functionally, they are still like new.Β  All I do is wipe them down before each shot.

If you want the old fashioned tape/solvent/somebody-else-install-them-for-me kind, then I would recommend Golf Pride Niions as well.Β  Here's a review I did last year: http://thesandtrap.com/products/golf-pride-niion-grip/reviews/4743Β  Not as many color choices as Pure, but they're not boring.Β  :)

Which pure grips did you purchase?

The Pure Pros (I linked to them up in the above post)

Mine are blue and show very little wear.Β  I saw that you wanted white, and I just can't imagine that white ones wouldn't get dirty where you hold them, especially where your thumbs go.Β  They'd sure look cool when they were clean tho!

Yeah maybe I should go with the green. I like the looks of the blue as well. How long have you had yours?

To build up the Pure Grips, you can use blue painters tape or masking tape....I have used both and they both work fine. I did buy the gun attachment and did my own grips. Once you get the old grips and tape off, installing the Pure grips is very easy....watch the instructional video on their website.

Yeah, if you are proficient in installing grips the conventional way, you can certainly do that with Pures as well.

The appeal for me was that I had no experience at all in installing grips, did not have any tools or supplies, and yet with three fairly small purchases (the gun, a grip removal knife, and a little rubber vice attachment), and aΒ little trial and error (no permanent ones though)Β I was able to become an "expert" at installing/uninstalling my own grips. :)

The Pure Pros (I linked to them up in the above post)

Mine are blue and show very little wear.Β  I saw that you wanted white, and I just can't imagine that white ones wouldn't get dirty where you hold them, especially where your thumbs go.Β  They'd sure look cool when they were clean tho!

If you want white remember to regrip all your clubs to white, I do not have a bag with 14 seperate channels and the black grip on my driver messed up the white grips when taking it in and out :)

Note:Β This thread is 2972 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!