IGNORED

Grips

Note: This thread is 2970 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

How much tape is under a grip from the manufacturers?

I've seen some with no tape and some with a single layer of tape.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That blue painters tape comes in a few different widths.  One of them is such that when you wrap it around the shaft the long way (not like you'd tape a hockey stick, but rather one piece lengthwise "folded" around the shaft once) it doesn't overlap, but just about meets itself on the other side.

I do it lengthwise, one on top, one underneath.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

what size tape do you use? Im going to be doing mine in a week or so

Duh ... where do you think I learned this?? :beer: Except you are sloppy about it and have blue tape sticking out the end of the grip down the shaft ... I'm too anal to allow that. :-P

The reason why this made sense to me is that it seems like you'd have a hard time not folding or bunching the tape when you put it on "sideways" to the grip.  Seems like asking for trouble.

I just got my Prue Grips Pros and wow they are very nice and do feel a lot stickier than the Golf Pride tour velvets.  I put one on quick (I have company coming over so Im probably not going to be able to do anymore until saturday or sunday) and It was very easy once the grip got started.  I did it in my living room I didn't even have the club in a vice or anything. I just stood it up and started going.  I like the looks of the green a lot and cannot wait to hit them and see how they feel.  Thank to everyone that recommended them.

I just got my Prue Grips Pros and wow they are very nice and do feel a lot stickier than the Golf Pride tour velvets.  I put one on quick (I have company coming over so Im probably not going to be able to do anymore until saturday or sunday) and It was very easy once the grip got started.  I did it in my living room I didn't even have the club in a vice or anything. I just stood it up and started going.  I like the looks of the green a lot and cannot wait to hit them and see how they feel.  Thank to everyone that recommended them.

I don't use a vice either.  One thing we have to be careful of is that you get the grip all the way on, it's easier to do when the club is in a vice.  Sometimes you'll find that there's a 1/4" - 3/4" gap at the top which you might feel collapse a bit in your hand if you grip towards the end of the club.

Joe Paradiso

Ok one more thing. I went to my local golf store and they didn't have pures. So just wondering do they feel like niions? Ndmc? Lamkin 3gn? I'm a fan of niions just not the price So I can order them if I get an idea of the feel

maybe a little late, they are a little softer than niion but alot more tacky, I think the 3gn feels a little softer than Pure but same tackyness! Im more happy with Pure than both Niion and 3gn... I found the 3gen a little to soft and bigg in the butt, and I found the Niion slippery when I got really warm in my hands..

So finally threw in a order for some pures. Got the dtx red for the covert driver, pink for the 3 wood, orange for the amp cell orange hybrid. Then pros in all colors for the 4- gw. Really hopeing I like these or that's 150 down the drain

• Administrator

So finally threw in a order for some pures.

Got the dtx red for the covert driver, pink for the 3 wood, orange for the amp cell orange hybrid. Then pros in all colors for the 4- gw. Really hopeing I like these or that's 150 down the drain

I think you'll like them.

I guess they've stopped giving the gun and attachment away with larger (10+?) grip orders… bummer.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

$150 seems high, not sure if that's installed or not.  Pure DTX are 5.50 each, so  14 grips should have been about $85 max with shipping.

Joe Paradiso

I just got a grip kit ( gun and 13 grips) from golfsmith for $91 and change. I got the pro's I think tthey had the wraps as well.

Ya I actually cancelled my order. Golftown has the gun for 35(5 bucks cheaper) and I got one pro and one dtx to try. Then I'll order whatever I like from golfsmith even tho they don't have all the colors

I get all my grips from grips4less.com, they are the cheapest I've found (except eBay) and have all the colors.

Joe Paradiso

• 2 weeks later...
Note: This thread is 2970 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!