IGNORED

Making a course layout...

Note: This thread is 3698 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi guys

nice to meet everyone! This is my first post... just joined TST.com. Hopefully someone can give me a hand on an issue that I am facing.

So I became my local club team captain a few weeks ago. This is a course around the Sao Paulo area, Brazil. One of the things I am trying to get done is a new course layout (or course map),  so I can publish it on the course's website.

My first attempt was to map the course using Google Earth and creating the course, hole-by-hole, using PowerPoint. Yes, PowerPoint. While the result was "ok", I am trying to find a freeware software that can help me get better results - even 3D, for that matter. Unfortunately my research so far has been, well, disappointing.

Any clues or ideas??

Best,

William

ps1. in a few days, hopefully, I will join the "playing golf" discussions :-)

ps2. next week, web.com tour will be in Sao Paulo. Looking forward to watching some pro action!!

@billyjuliano ,

Welcome to the site.  I have been to the Sao Paulo area of Brazil twice (Campinas) for business and will go back soon.  Microsoft makes a program called Visio, which is a 2D drawing program.  You can import the Google Earth photos into Visio and edit them.  I have not made a golf course layout, but I have edited photos with it.  It will also let you draw on the photos. It has much better capability than Powerpoint.

Best of luck.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Welcome to The Sand Trap @billyjuliano !

I'd love to see who your project turns out, post up the pics when you're done.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I can't really help you much with this @billyjuliano but welcome to the site!  I love your avatar pic by the way.

Also if you get some pictures of the web.com event share them here.  We would all love to see that.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Folks

thanks for the welcome and inputs... will try to do some work on this course layout and will gladly share the result.

@Ernest Jones , this is an example of what I have done so far... not too pretty but it works ok for now:

This is a short par 4, with the two tee boxes. Along with the lay out, I put a short explanation of the hole and playing strategy. The white line on the right is the ob line.

@cipher ,

the avatar is a pic I took with my son when we played at Doral a couple of years ago... man, is that course tough :-)

.... and we'll be at the web.com this coming weekend. Let's see if I get chance to take some pics.. I'll post them and hopefully get you some "insights" of the match

Rgds

Wm

Note: This thread is 3698 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!