IGNORED

It's not the hackers!

sopel10
Note: This thread is 3688 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Nothing is more uncomfortable than feeling pushed. I have never been denied playing through and have never not let someone through. This is how backups start and soon you have people waiting then rushing through shots in an attempt to keep things moving. If I saw that happening I would call the pro shop.

Dave :-)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I play as a single all the time at a private club and have never had an issue with this. The vast majority of people I've come across (at public courses too) let me play through or ask if I want to pair up. On the rare occasion that someone is right behind me when I am in a group I never hesitate to let them play through.

I see it as kind of a golf karma thing...let people through you and the favor will be returned down the line.

• Upvote 1

I had a situation last year where I played as a single and caught the threesome ahead of me. They didn't wave me through but said I could join their group. Wouldn't have been so bad except it was a guy teaching his wife to play and the other person was an immature 17 or so year old kid who I presume went out as a single and caught them and, like I, joined them and then threw his 3 wood into the woods out of frustration.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Nothing says you have to stay with them. I break away from groups all the time if it's open ahead and they aren't keeping pace.

Dave :-)

Nothing says you have to stay with them. I break away from groups all the time if it's open ahead and they aren't keeping pace.

Oh, I know, but I would have felt I was being rude if I played through without their letting me and I felt weird asking. I rarely play as a single so wasn't quite sure what the protocol was.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Went two rounds at Valderrama last year, played trough 12 flights that day, they did not hesitate to let a single player trough, even when I was playing from tournament tee. Many of them where members and they did this even if the etiquette rules in the clubhouse tells that single player does not have any standings... But heeeey, the even state that you CAN NOT PLAY Valderrama as a single! Do now why but sometimes golfers can come a long way just using normal sense. Maybe im not like the old school golfers, im want tthe golf rules and etiquette to evolve trough time and soon we have flying cars and all that shit :)

If I am playing in a group I will always offer a single to play through or join our group if there is room.  I often go to a course as a single and typically get paired up with another golfer.  However, if I go out as a single and there are multiple groups ahead of me but no one behind me (this often happens at the tail end of an outing), I take the opportunity to get some great practice in, and will work on each aspect of my game, and will often go back and replay a hole.  If I am sandwiched between multiple groups as a single I just go with it and will play through if offered, which most groups do.

Note: This thread is 3688 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!