IGNORED

How Many Courses in Your Last 20

Gunther
Note: This thread is 3686 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

"Stone Canyon....it opened in 2009 so you might have missed it.  .....and yes, I hate winters too!! " Ah yes, I've played it twice now when I come to KC to play with my old golf buddies. Last year in September the fairways were very wet and bad. Not sure what happened. This year before when I was up it was perfect. I also like Winterstone golf on that side of town on the public side. Sycamore Ridge is my favorite on the Kansas side along with the golf club of Kansas.

2 in the last 20. Haven't got enough time on my hands to travel any further. The course I play the most is a 35 minute drive and the other one which I've played once is 45 minutes, and not that good. The next course closest to me is 1 hr 45 min drive away, and 4 times the price. I am going there this Wednesday as a little treat to myself.

8. However, my last 11 have all been at the same course.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Quote:
2 in the last 20. Haven't got enough time on my hands to travel any further. The course I play the most is a 35 minute drive and the other one which I've played once is 45 minutes, and not that good. The next course closest to me is 1 hr 45 min drive away, and 4 times the price. I am going there this Wednesday as a little treat to myself.

I feel fortunate all of a sudden.   There are about 10 golf courses within 30 minutes of my house.    I'll never complain again about not getting a tee time.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

"Stone Canyon....it opened in 2009 so you might have missed it.  .....and yes, I hate winters too!! "

Ah yes, I've played it twice now when I come to KC to play with my old golf buddies. Last year in September the fairways were very wet and bad. Not sure what happened. This year before when I was up it was perfect. I also like Winterstone golf on that side of town on the public side. Sycamore Ridge is my favorite on the Kansas side along with the golf club of Kansas.

Stone Canyon hired a new SUPER last year....in fact, the old one went to Winterstone!!   I'm not throwing the new super under the bus just yet, but I was none too pleased about the state of the fairways last year.   I'm giving them one more year because I love the course so much.  They fairways definitely took a beating last summer because they skimped on water when it got hot.   IMO...bent grass fairways shouldn't be in this part of the country anyway, and zoysia grass is much more fitting to this climate.  The course did re-seed in the fall, but it's still too early to tell if they will fully recover or not.  The fairways have always been immaculate,  but they screwed up big time last summer.

My 2 cents.....the course built the "Sharks Cove" restaurant/bar last year, and that's where the water money went!!!  I think they scrimped on the water budget to build that DAMN restaurant.  I prefer they don't have the restaurant because there are fewer tourneys without these facilities.....LOL

The one thing I can say.....the greens, chipping areas,  and bunkers were always perfect.   What do you think of the greens at Stone Canyon?   Pretty tough, don't you think?  I think they are brutally tough....LOL

If I ever leave Stone Canyon, I'd probably join at Winterstone.   It's just a tad bit too far from my house to be ideal because I live south of I-70.   Stone Canyon is 4.4 miles driveway to parking lot which is IDEAL!!  I do like Sycamore Ridge, but rarely play it because it's so far away.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

My last 20 plays consisted of 5 in Michigan on my home course and 5 on other Michigan courses, the came winter. Played 6 in South Carolina on a Myrtle Beach trip with friends in November. Then 1 in Puerto Rico in December, followed by one in Arizona, 1 in Nevada and 2 in Utah in January. Since then have been looking out at snow and wondering if I will ever be able to play again in Michigan. I would say in playing season 5 out 20 are on my home course.

8 different courses at the moment. Next round will likely bump it down to 7, although there's a course I'll play in the next month or so that isn't in my most recent 20.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Stone Canyon hired a new SUPER last year....in fact, the old one went to Winterstone!!   I'm not throwing the new super under the bus just yet, but I was none too pleased about the state of the fairways last year.   I'm giving them one more year because I love the course so much.  They fairways definitely took a beating last summer because they skimped on water when it got hot.   IMO...bent grass fairways shouldn't be in this part of the country anyway, and zoysia grass is much more fitting to this climate.  The course did re-seed in the fall, but it's still too early to tell if they will fully recover or not.  The fairways have always been immaculate,  but they screwed up big time last summer.  My 2 cents.....the course built the "Sharks Cove" restaurant/bar last year, and that's where the water money went!!!  I think they scrimped on the water budget to build that DAMN restaurant.  I prefer they don't have the restaurant because there are fewer tourneys without these facilities.....LOL The one thing I can say.....the greens, chipping areas,  and bunkers were always perfect.   What do you think of the greens at Stone Canyon?   Pretty tough, don't you think?  I think they are brutally tough....LOL If I ever leave Stone Canyon, I'd probably join at Winterstone.   It's just a tad bit too far from my house to be ideal because I live south of I-70.   Stone Canyon is 4.4 miles driveway to parking lot which is IDEAL!!  I do like Sycamore Ridge, but rarely play it because it's so far away.

New restraunt, wow, that wasn't there before. I would've thought they would have built a permanent pro shop before that. To me it shows the course is doable, money wise, if they build it out within a few years. Otherwise I tend to to think " is this club going to make it". Similar to the Golf Club of Kansas 5-7 years ago when they opened they were selling cheap private memberships to the first 500 who joined and huge drawing of the facilities on the website, Etc. I come back last year and played it, course is great but no facilities built and it's open to the public Yes, I agree with you the greens were good and had some undulation to then and the bunkers were fine, and totally agree with you on having Zosia fairways. In addition Zosia Is also better to play if your a Winter golfer. Zosia is what we had at our old club at The National GC in Parkville

I sadly only have 4 in my last 20. I live in a somewhat small town, and we only have 2 golf courses anywhere near here; 1 public and 1 is private country club. I only get to play at the CC during high school season, as it's where we practice, and it is SUCH a fun course. So I haven't gotten to play there since October, but hopefully July will come quick so I can get back to playing it! :-D

WITB 

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Alpha, 9*, Fubuki ZT X-Stiff Shaft

3 Wood: Taylormade Rocketballz Stage 2 15*, Aldila NV X-Stiff Shaft

5 Wood: Taylormade Burner Superfast 18*, Aldila NV X-Stiff Shaft

Irons: Callaway Apex Pro, 4-PW, TT XP 95 S300 Shafts

Wedges: Tour Edge TGS 52* and 56*, Taylormade Z-Spin 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot XG #9

14 different courses in my last 20.

Might be fun to list out the courses: Hopedale Country Club Bungay Brook Golf Club Juniper Hills Golf Course (Lakeside) Highfields Golf Course Disney's Palm Course Disney's Magnolia Course Sassamon Trace Golf Club George Wright Golf Club Whispering Woods Golf Club Lake View Country Club Cyprian Keyes Golf Club Ponkapoag Golf Club That's 12, so I guess I counted incorrectly the first time. Some of these were casual practice rounds that I wouldn't submit for handicap purposes.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

An update for me:  Just played 5 different course in four days.  So now I am up to 12.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

That's 12, so I guess I counted incorrectly the first time. Some of these were casual practice rounds that I wouldn't submit for handicap purposes Question: I include every round as a handicap round with the obvious exception of scrambles or other strange tournament play where the score wasn't mine alone. Most of my rounds are casual practice rounds. For what reasons would you consider not entering a score for handicap?

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

15 for me.  I suck so I am trying to play as many cheap rounds as possible.  That was surprising.  I played played on the road a few times so that helps for the variety.

Etc. I come back last year and played it, course is great but no facilities built and it's open to the public

I'm familiar with that course too.  Both courses followed the same path........ both were designed and intended to be private clubs right when the economy tanked.   The end result are excellent public courses with no facilities.   If I lived near the golf club of Kansas, that is exactly where I'd buy my public membership!!   Luckily for me, facilities mean nothing to me.  For me, it's all about the course........ I only go to the course to play, and then I leave.

The National....that is top notch!   That is definitely beyond my allotted golf budget.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

....... I only go to the course to play, and then I leave.

Not me......we have 40 players each week, then about 20 hang around in the Pub or on the Veranda, drinking, watching sports on the big tv's and just socializing. Great bunch of guys!

Note: This thread is 3686 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!