IGNORED

Malaysian Airlines Flight Missing, Presumed Crashed

geauxforbroke
Note: This thread is 3671 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Another theory which is more disturbing is that a passenger / hijacker gained access to the Avionic Bay / E&E; bay where they would be able to disable all communications.  The E&E; is accessible from the passenger cabin in the forward galley, under the carpet but requires a special screw driver to access it.  Once inside the hijacker would have access to all the avionics.  Here is a panoramic view of the E&E.; http://hawkeyemedia.com/panos/777_Avionics.asp

This still would not completely explain what appears to be the programmed flight path which would indicate the pilot / copilot was coerced or involved in the hijacking.  Also seems the Malaysian government knew this flight was off course and did not request assistance from other countries to track it until it was totally off the radar.

Lots of motive theories going on that range from corporate espionage, terrorism, insurance payout to cargo theft.  There are very little real facts being released at this time which is leading to more and more speculation.  Seems the authorities believe transponders were "deliberately disabled" before last communication where person in plane said "goodnight" and turned off all communications at that point.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Do we know what is insurance policy in Malesia (or where ever his insurance is from)? Suicide does not necessarily rule out payout, not all is Hollywood.

I wonder how it's more complicated by the fact that there's well over 100 Chinese citizens aboard according to the manifest and it's a Malaysian company I presume.

According to this (in Chinese, sorry), 7 passengers bought flight insurance, others are looking into it. Minimum compensation is 400K to 2M RMB, or around 65-325K USD, in addition others that are smaller amounts.

根据《国内航空运输承运人赔偿责任限额规定》,国内航空运输承运人应当在下列规定的赔偿责任限额内按照实际损害承担赔偿责任:(一)对每名旅客的赔偿责任限额为人民币40万元;(二)对每名旅客随身携带物品的赔偿责任限额为人民币3000元;(三)对旅客托运的行李和对运输的货物的赔偿责任限额为每公斤人民币100元,但《民用航空法》另有规定的除外。

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

2 new reports, unsure of accuracy;

1. There is now belief the plane landed or crashed on land.  Seems they are scaling back the water searches.
  2. Conspiracy Theory - the plane is fine and the event was staged as a military measure to allow US and allied Navy to maneuver ships into more strategic locations under the guise of search and rescue.

Joe Paradiso

This is some weird shit.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

This is some weird shit.

CNN could've made this their blank screen for 23 hours and 50 minutes per day, and we would know just as much as we do now.

Constantine

Interesting top comment in NYT:

Charlie Ratigan Manitowoc, Wisconsin 7 hours ago

I admit to being as mystified as anyone about this whole thing. However, as a former pilot, I find myself rolling-over various scenarios that might touch on an area not previously surfaced. One that struck me has to do with the concept that the captain, or second officer, may have flown the plane above its designed service ceiling of 43,100' to 45,000' in an effort to alert air traffic control that there was a hijacking I progress, without alerting any intruders in the cockpit that they were doing so, and after turning-off the transponder. Just a thought.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Here's another new conspiracy theory. Sounds possible to me.

My friend works in Kuala Lumpur and says this is all anyone talks about there. Memorials everywhere you look. He says this theory has been making the rounds there quite a bit in the past several hours:

http://keithledgerwood.tumblr.com/post/79838944823/did-malaysian-airlines-370-disappear-using-sia68

The basic gist of it is this: MH370 followed another 777 but shadowed it after it disappeared from military radar. With it's communication links like ACARS and the transponder off, the other 777 didn't know it was being followed. To ATC, it appeared as if it was just one plane, but it was two.

That other flight's flight path was over Turkmenistan before finally reaching its final destination of Barcelona.

Anyway, check out the article. Sorry in advance when this turns out to be yet another red herring, but I figure the rest of you guys are like me and will read mostly anything decent on this topic right now.

Constantine

What does one do with a 777? I haven't seen any articles on how it can be co-opted for money, militarized, or something else.

Steve

Pure speculation on my part...

There has to be something about this flight they don't want the public to know.  Despite what countries might say, we know there are satellites watching everything so I find it hard to believe that between radar and satellite this plane just disappeared.

Could different countries know where the plane is but aren't forthcoming with the information that it will verify the level of satellite recognizance they actually have over other countries?  We had the technology to identify the bombers in Boston out of millions of people but we can't find a plane?  Feels like a cover up.

Joe Paradiso

What does one do with a 777? I haven't seen any articles on how it can be co-opted for money, militarized, or something else.

The speculation was the technology on board would be valuable to China and other nations.  It could also be used as a weapon, as we saw on 9/11

Joe Paradiso

The speculation was the technology on board would be valuable to China and other nations.  It could also be used as a weapon, as we saw on 9/11

I figured if China wanted a 777 they would just buy one (or a fleet of them).

On the other hand some other countries like Iran, and plenty of independent groups...

Fun reading all of the theories. Some are on the borderline of ridiculous and one of those is just about as likely at this point as the ones that "make sense".

It could also be used as a weapon, as we saw on 9/11

I hope to God that we've come up with measures for this. I assume the USAF has armed fighters patrolling major population areas? Air China owns a fleet of 777s. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_China While it's fun to conspirate, the truth is probably pretty straightforward, some cover up is possible, definitely a lack of communication, I'm thinking of that line from the Paul Newman chain gang movie

Steve

I figured if China wanted a 777 they would just buy one (or a fleet of them).

On the other hand some other countries like Iran, and plenty of independent groups...

Fun reading all of the theories. Some are on the borderline of ridiculous and one of those is just about as likely at this point as the ones that "make sense".

Certain products are restricted from sale overseas (not sure a 777 is or isn't).

At this point it's ridiculous we lost a plane the size of a 777 and no one seems to want to step up and tell them where it is.  I'd think if it was a terrorist action, the group would have taken credit for it by now.

Joe Paradiso

I hope to God that we've come up with measures for this. I assume the USAF has armed fighters patrolling major population areas?

Air China already owns a fleet of 777s.

I don't have any first hand knowledge of this, but from what I had read the 777's China has are not the same model and lack certain technology that this particular model had.

Joe Paradiso

Certain products are restricted from sale overseas (not sure a 777 is or isn't).

At this point it's ridiculous we lost a plane the size of a 777 and no one seems to want to step up and tell them where it is.  I'd think if it was a terrorist action, the group would have taken credit for it by now.

Not if they intended to make a weapon out of it.

It's too bad we don't seem to know if it went northwest or southwest in "the arc". That would answer a lot of questions and eliminate a lot of theories.

The plane is 300million USD, so that's one of the things I was thinking about earlier. However, it uses very specialized parts and if they break down it would be pretty hard to repair without some scrutiny. Chop shop parts? So, they might be able to sell it for 100million USD?

The other thing is many of the people are from Bejing. I'm pretty sure the first class passengers could easily pay a ransom of 100Million USD, possibly more. Not sure how that would work. The passengers would be likely be able to pay the ransom and could be out within a couple weeks?

This event is probably likely to increase the number of private jets sold to China.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

it's either aliens, or....

Haha, someone made a Langoliers reference to me about an hour ago.

Here's another new conspiracy theory. Sounds possible to me.

My friend works in Kuala Lumpur and says this is all anyone talks about there. Memorials everywhere you look. He says this theory has been making the rounds there quite a bit in the past several hours:

http://keithledgerwood.tumblr.com/post/79838944823/did-malaysian-airlines-370-disappear-using-sia68

The basic gist of it is this: MH370 followed another 777 but shadowed it after it disappeared from military radar. With it's communication links like ACARS and the transponder off, the other 777 didn't know it was being followed. To ATC, it appeared as if it was just one plane, but it was two.

That other flight's flight path was over Turkmenistan before finally reaching its final destination of Barcelona.

Anyway, check out the article. Sorry in advance when this turns out to be yet another red herring, but I figure the rest of you guys are like me and will read mostly anything decent on this topic right now.

Re: this theory. Honestly, this might explain the erratic use of waypoints in the Strait of Malacca. He was zig-zagging around waiting for another 777 to come along to use that last waypoint, at which time, when one came along, he chased after it and shadowed it.

Constantine

Note: This thread is 3671 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!