IGNORED

What's your Cigar of choice?

Kenny87
Note: This thread is 2552 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Don't smoke cigars. When I was around 14 my father found out I was smoking cigarettes. He took me for a ride in our car. He told me to roll up the window and then he lit up a cigar and handed it to me. He simply said I hear you like smoking so smoke this until it is gone. Never smoked a cigar after that and probably never will. 

Edited by shanksalot

• 2 weeks later...

I never knew that Thompson Cigar was out here, thanks for the tip.  I know Cuesta Rey has their building over here but not sure they still operate out of it.  I like CigarsInternatonal's deals a lot better, seem to have better pricing.  I don't mind an Acid cigar once in a great while.  I used to love the Acid Blondies when they first came out but a few years later it seemed like the quality of the tobacco declined that they were using.  Kuba-Kuba's are good too as well as the Nasty.  My wife would smoke one once in a blue moon if we were all together with family and sitting outside doing game night and drinking.

Thompson Cigar's is made up of a bunch of crooks. Google Thompson Cigar Scam and you will see what I mean. Stick with Cigars International(CI). They are honest and very reputable. For Cuban Cigars order from La Casa Del Habano. 

I got lucky and was given a chance to buy three boxes of real Montecristo #2 s a while back. Been enjoying them once a week or couple of weeks with a good glass of Bookers or Knob Creek single barrel. Those are some good smokes. 

I have 3 Boxes of #2's just aging away at the moment. They are my favorite Habano Cigar.

What's in the bag?
2 Iron, 3 Iron, 4 Iron, 5 Iron, 6 Iron, 7 Iron, 8 Iron, 9 Iron, PW, GW, 3 Wood, 5 Wood, Putter
Titleist Irons, Callaway Woods and a Jack Nicklaus putter. Cigars and a case of Stella.

Thompson Cigar's is made up of a bunch of crooks. Google Thompson Cigar Scam and you will see what I mean. Stick with Cigars International(CI). They are honest and very reputable. For Cuban Cigars order from La Casa Del Habano. 

I have 3 Boxes of #2's just aging away at the moment. They are my favorite Habano Cigar.

Yeah I bought from them back in the early 2000s one time and never again.  CI is way better.

I have used Finest Cuban Cigars in the past, they are legitimate, based in Hong Kong.  I asked a question online and got a call back from one of their people (might have been one of the owners, cannot remember) and he was able to answer all of my questions.  I had them send my cigars in the box (for verification purposes) and everything passed muster.  The box, the seal, the impressed code on the bottom of the box, the correct bands on the cigars.  I even got a blacklight to check the hologram seal for the box and it passed.  My buddy laughed at me, I made him come with me to the mall to get the light bulb.  Will check them out though next time I purchase some Cubans.

Montecristo #2s are definitely the cream of the crop.  Have not had one in a while, maybe get some at Christmas if can convince the wife.  

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I ordered once or twice from Thompson's and never had an issue.

However I am lucky to have 2 cigar shops I go to. 1 in my home town and 1 in the town where I work. 

Either way I tend to buy the cheaper cigars, with the exception of splurging on atleast 1 good one.

I do like Punch or Nub

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

I ordered once or twice from Thompson's and never had an issue.

However I am lucky to have 2 cigar shops I go to. 1 in my home town and 1 in the town where I work. 

Either way I tend to buy the cheaper cigars, with the exception of splurging on atleast 1 good one.

I do like Punch or Nub

Check out Cigars International online.  You will find that you can pick up 10 or 20 Punch cigars for what you are probably paying in the brick and mortars for cheap cigars (on a per cigar basis).  If you do not have one you can get a little humidor combo as well to keep your cigars.  I like to purchase my go to type cigars online and the occassional 5 packs of better cigars.  I do still go to brick and mortar cigar shops when I get a hankering for something that is not in my humidor.  Here in Tampa there are a lot of cigar places and there is a shop about 2 or 3 miles away from my house that I will go grab a stick or two out of on occassion.

When I smoked cigars it was Muniemakers. Made in Connecticut. Natural wrapper cigar. I chewed them as much as smoked them. Have not smoked in years and will not start again. 

Yeah I bought from them back in the early 2000s one time and never again.  CI is way better.

I have used Finest Cuban Cigars in the past, they are legitimate, based in Hong Kong.  I asked a question online and got a call back from one of their people (might have been one of the owners, cannot remember) and he was able to answer all of my questions.  I had them send my cigars in the box (for verification purposes) and everything passed muster.  The box, the seal, the impressed code on the bottom of the box, the correct bands on the cigars.  I even got a blacklight to check the hologram seal for the box and it passed.  My buddy laughed at me, I made him come with me to the mall to get the light bulb.  Will check them out though next time I purchase some Cubans.

Montecristo #2s are definitely the cream of the crop.  Have not had one in a while, maybe get some at Christmas if can convince the wife.  

Finest Cuban Cigars is good! I used them a couple times a couple years ago. I think my Cohiba BHK 52's came from there as did my Romeo Y Julieta #2's. Nothing wrong with checking the box and all. I do the same. The #2 is amazing. Buy them now. Age them and open the box at Christmas time. You will be amazed! 

What's in the bag?
2 Iron, 3 Iron, 4 Iron, 5 Iron, 6 Iron, 7 Iron, 8 Iron, 9 Iron, PW, GW, 3 Wood, 5 Wood, Putter
Titleist Irons, Callaway Woods and a Jack Nicklaus putter. Cigars and a case of Stella.

Cigar smoking...disgusting habit. A couple of guys I play with occasionally smoke cigars, but they're well aware that most of us can't stand to be around stinky cigar smoke. 

Cigar smoking...disgusting habit. A couple of guys I play with occasionally smoke cigars, but they're well aware that most of us can't stand to be around stinky cigar smoke. 

Ok, maybe you should take it up with them, and if they don't care, perhaps you should not play with them anymore. 

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

Cigarsinternational.com has a one day deal going right now. Code at checkout is 20Now for 20 percent off site wide. I got the deal of the day as well, a ten pack of man o war cigars and that gave me free regular shipping. Just throwing it out there for any cigar enthusiasts if they want to get in on the savings. 30 sticks on the way to help replenish the humidor.  Think code only good until end of day today 

On 4/28/2017 at 2:30 PM, Gator Hazard said:

Cigarsinternational.com has a one day deal going right now. Code at checkout is 20Now for 20 percent off site wide. I got the deal of the day as well, a ten pack of man o war cigars and that gave me free regular shipping. Just throwing it out there for any cigar enthusiasts if they want to get in on the savings. 30 sticks on the way to help replenish the humidor.  Think code only good until end of day today 

Thanks for sharing the deal, looks like I probably missed it though.  I have a couple boxes of Siglos in the coolidor, but could use some variety (usually go with a sampler like the Dominican sampler at JR).  I need to keep an eye on deals, to pick up some new inventory.

Note: This thread is 2552 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!