• Announcements

• iacas

Create a Signature!   02/05/2016

Everyone, go here and edit your signature this week: http://thesandtrap.com/settings/signature/.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mikeosborne38

Hit 3-wood farther than driver.

11 posts in this topic

I am a decent handicap and have tried different driver shafts but I consistently hit my fairway food farther with carry and total distance. I am at the point now that I don't even hit the driver and my scores are better. I get a nice high ball with my wood but low balls with my driver. My current driver is taylormade R580xd 9.5 with stiff MAS-2 shaft. My driver ss is 102 mph. The shaft in my three wood is stock cobra shaft also in stiff (Cobra sz wood). Thanks and any suggestions are appreciated.

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Post a video of your driver swing.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Post a video of your driver swing.

OK I haven't posted a video before it should be pretty simple.

OK I haven't posted a video before it should be pretty simple.

Here you go. This will help. http://thesandtrap.com/t/38240/my-swing-video-threads-rules-please-read#post_498234 :beer:

9.5 degree driver is pretty low.....Loft up?

Depends on the golf shaft. 9.5 could play like an 11 degree driver if the shaft loads in such a way.

Depends on the golf shaft. 9.5 could play like an 11 degree driver if the shaft loads in such a way.

I believe it is a high kick shaft. I have actually thought about either going with a 10.5 with a low kick shaft such as prolaunch blue. I also thought about going with a high lofted driver maybe 12 degrees and my fairway wood at 17 or 18 degrees.

As stated above go with a high loft in your driver, at least a 10.5, regardless of shaft IMHO.

Bin ya driver! Keep ya fairway! Glad to help!

I am a decent handicap and have tried different driver shafts but I consistently hit my fairway food farther with carry and total distance. I am at the point now that I don't even hit the driver and my scores are better. I get a nice high ball with my wood but low balls with my driver. My current driver is taylormade R580xd 9.5 with stiff MAS-2 shaft. My driver ss is 102 mph. The shaft in my three wood is stock cobra shaft also in stiff (Cobra sz wood). Thanks and any suggestions are appreciated.

If I had to guess I would say your angle of attack is too steep with a driver. Check this out

I'm going to try that driver drill, I really want to fix/improve my drives this year. Thank you.