IGNORED

Driver is there such as thing as too much loft

Note: This thread is 3690 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Iv currently got a high lofted driver think it 12 degree loft. i hit it fairly constantly rarely missing a fairway. goes about 240-250 carry. i was playing at the weekend and one of my fellow players (who thinks he know everything about golf) said that my loft is to high as my ball gets to the top of the arc and falls straight down. is this true? Also something that is concerning me is that i hit my hybrid 17 degree almost as far as my driver. Is this due to a bad swing with the driver that doesn't happen when the hybrid is in my hand? I know the obvious answer is go to the pro shop and hit a few others go on the machine and look at the figures but was just wondering if anyone had nay thoughts.

many thanks for any responses

Iv currently got a high lofted driver think it 12 degree loft. i hit it fairly constantly rarely missing a fairway. goes about 240-250 carry. i was playing at the weekend and one of my fellow players (who thinks he know everything about golf) said that my loft is to high as my ball gets to the top of the arc and falls straight down. is this true? Also something that is concerning me is that i hit my hybrid 17 degree almost as far as my driver. Is this due to a bad swing with the driver that doesn't happen when the hybrid is in my hand? I know the obvious answer is go to the pro shop and hit a few others go on the machine and look at the figures but was just wondering if anyone had nay thoughts.

many thanks for any responses

If the ball falls straight down then it sounds like you have TOO much spin on the ball. Probably hitting down with the driver. By too much spin I mean the ball is ballooning and then coming down at a steep angle. My only guess. Would also make sense that you are loosing yardage compared to your hybrid since a hybrid is made more for hitting down on the ball.

This is only a guess. Its hard to say what is going on with out seeing your swing.

Create a new thread here, http://thesandtrap.com/f/4180/member-swings

Post a video of your swing, http://thesandtrap.com/t/38240/my-swing-video-threads-rules-please-read

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It doesn't ballon or doesn't feel like it does I'm quite happy with my ball flight but that is a good idea to upload a video and will do so. when i can drum up the courage to ask a golf buddy to film my swing.

Thanks Saevel

Note: This thread is 3690 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!