IGNORED

2014 Valspar Championship at Innisbrook Discussion Thread

Rick Martin
Note: This thread is 3686 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Should be an interesting Sunday. Wind is blowing pretty good today in Palm Harbor as a front approaches. Supposed to blow up to 20mph by this afternoon. Good to see the Goose playing well again. Been a while since he's been in contention. Would like to see Justin Rose or Luke Donald make a charge today.

I'm conflicted on Na, I'm sure he's a nice guy, but staying on pace is part of the game, and if he can't handle it then GTFO... I realize there is pressure on him, but we all deal with pressure. Plus, his face looks like he's wearing a skin mask...

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm conflicted on Na, I'm sure he's a nice guy, but staying on pace is part of the game, and if he can't handle it then GTFO... I realize there is pressure on him, but we all deal with pressure.

Plus, his face looks like he's wearing a skin mask...

It makes me sound like a jerk, but I'm not conflicted.  The people he plays with get penalized because they get put on the clock with him and then have to deal with the consequences.  Garrigus said on Saturday that he rushed a shot because they had been put on the clock -- and Garrigus is quite possibly the fastest player on tour.  If he takes some extra time, it's because he needs it.

Garrigus has been money with his putter all week... How does he blow that putt from just off the green 15' by?? Will his usual, mediocre putting (relative to PGA Tour standards) return to him today?

I'm conflicted on Na, I'm sure he's a nice guy, but staying on pace is part of the game, and if he can't handle it then GTFO... I realize there is pressure on him, but we all deal with pressure.

Plus, his face looks like he's wearing a skin mask...

I'm not a fan of his. I'm sure he's a nice guy, but I'm not a proponent of slow play, and if you can't keep up with the rest of the guys, then you need to be penalized. Personally, I think they need to penalize slow play more frequently. I don't think they do it enough.

Justin Rose with a chunk from hell. Hit it about 30 yards in front of him.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Fun Fact: JD's balls are Taylor Made with number '95 on them......

Does that mean his ball number is his goal scoring average?

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Just tuned in to see Kokrak try and play one from the trees on 16 instead of just pitching out, hit off tree and flew all the way across the water which is considered in a hazard. Probably just took himself out of forcing a playoff or winning. Bummer.

Todays making for some great golf. Love seeing everyone struggle. Makes me feel slightly less terrible about my game.

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland: CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

Always looks weird when I'm at work and following on Shot Tracker and somebody hits a 318 yard drive leaving around 260 yards and the second shot goes 32 yards.

Senden may have just won this tournament.

Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Icing!

Good for Senden. He's got such a great comfortable looking swing.

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland: CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

Note: This thread is 3686 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!