IGNORED

Iron steel shafts, Projext X 6.0 vs 6.5

Note: This thread is 3690 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Anybody gone from 6.0 to 6.5 who can tell something about it? Lower ballflight? Distance? Spin? Very different? If you know your swingspeed please include it? And maybe what kind of sticks you use with 6.5?

Anybody gone from 6.0 to 6.5 who can tell something about it?

Lower ballflight?

Distance?

Spin?

Very different?

If you know your swingspeed please include it? And maybe what kind of sticks you use with 6.5?

I haven't but I would guess it would slightly lower ball flight and spin.

What is your swing speed? How high do you hit it?

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Anybody gone from 6.0 to 6.5 who can tell something about it?

Lower ballflight?

Distance?

Spin?

Very different?

If you know your swingspeed please include it? And maybe what kind of sticks you use with 6.5?

I believe that i just half a flex stronger. So yea, slightly lower ball flight (SLIGHTLY), probably slightly heavier, and slightly less spin.

Distance, depends on your swing and contact. Going from 6.0 to 6.5 you wont probably see much difference. If 6.0 is really at the end range of your ability to load the shaft you might see a drop off, or you might see an increase.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I haven't but I would guess it would slightly lower ball flight and spin. What is your swing speed? How high do you hit it?

[quote name="saevel25" url="/t/73174/iron-steel-shafts-projext-x-6-0-vs-6-5#post_962342"] I believe that i just half a flex stronger. So yea, slightly lower ball flight (SLIGHTLY), probably slightly heavier, and slightly less spin.  Distance, depends on your swing and contact. Going from 6.0 to 6.5 you wont probably see much difference. If 6.0 is really at the end range of your ability to load the shaft you might see a drop off, or you might see an increase.  [/quote] 7 iron : 90+ mph 6 iron : 90+ mph Pitch : 85+ mph 4 iron : 100+ mph 3 iron : 100+ mph My main reason for switching is lower ballflight and a little more weight... I have tried different TT and KBS, but I stand with my PX! -- Sent from Fast notepap

Only thing was they did not have the PX 6.5 when I was trying different shafts.

What I also wonder if the KBS Tour XS will be like 6.5 or more like 7.0, that said, I did not really feel for the KBS Tour shaft. It feelt a little to smooth, I use it in my wedges in XS tough :)

Im sort of an strike I think. Really fast trasition from the top and down on ball. Hit my irons with the same swingstyle as in these movies! http://thesandtrap.com/t/73109/my-swing-dirtyzecret#post_961999 Looooooooooooog overswing, with brutal acceleration. This is why im also to. That PX will be better for me than other brands.

7 iron : 90+ mph

6 iron : 90+ mph

Pitch : 85+ mph

4 iron : 100+ mph

3 iron : 100+ mph

My main reason for switching is lower ballflight and a little more weight... I have tried different TT and KBS, but I stand with my PX!

--

Sent from Fast notepap

Try out the KBS C-Taper. A little more stout than the KBS tour

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I have tried this, but feelt to smooth in impact. It was a very good shaft and certainly a whole different feel. Much smoother, and they went pretty low. Only is, I kind a like the "harc" impact from PX..

Note: This thread is 3690 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!