IGNORED

Went to a Taylor Made demo day for the pepsi challenge...

amac
Note: This thread is 3684 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

After all the talk about the SLDR, I wanted to compare my R1 to the SLDR.  After warming up, I had my turn on the swing monitor and produced what I thought were some good numbers.  According to the TaylorMade rep's machine, I was swinging it 101-102mph, had 15.5* of launch and a spin rate of 2100 - WITH MY R1!  After seeing those numbers, I didn't even bother to swing the SLDR.  Rep said my numbers couldn't get better.  Feeling good.

That afternoon, I had a lesson.  I pulled my R1 out and was hitting bombs for my instructor.  He uses Trackman.  I do not recall the name of device the TaylorMade rep used.  So, I checked my numbers and WOW - swing speed was 94mph, launch was consistent at 15 - 16*, but spin rate jumped to 3500!  What/who to trust?  I'm leaning towards believing Trackman.

Driver :tmade: R1

Fairwaywood :tmade: Rocketballz Stage 2 15*

Hybrids :ping: i15 20* and 23* Hybrids

Irons :mizuno: MP64 4 - PW

Wedges :edel: 54* and 58* 

Putter :edel: 

Golf Ball :titleist: Pro V1 

I would go with the TrackMan. If you were testing the R1 at a Golf Galaxy or Dicks, then definitely go with the TrackMan.

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Trackman is going to have the more accurate numbers.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Agreed. Trusting trackman. However, I'm amazed that a Taylor Made rep would be fitting people and selling clubs with bogus info.

Driver :tmade: R1

Fairwaywood :tmade: Rocketballz Stage 2 15*

Hybrids :ping: i15 20* and 23* Hybrids

Irons :mizuno: MP64 4 - PW

Wedges :edel: 54* and 58* 

Putter :edel: 

Golf Ball :titleist: Pro V1 

Note: This thread is 3684 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!