IGNORED

My Swing (Layton)

Layton
Note: This thread is 3516 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: 4 years

My current handicap index or average score is: mid to high 70's

My typical ball flight is: Draw but recently have been fading the ball

The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: I really hate how low my ball flight has always been and I tend to miss left when hitting a draw

I apologize if the quality of the video isn't all that good I filmed it on my iPhone. Ill try to get something off a better camera soon.

Videos:

Taylormade R1 9*

Callaway X Hot Pro 13.5*

Titleist 910H 18*

Taylormade MC 3-PW

Nike SV 54*

Cleveland CG15 58*

Taylormade Ghost TM880 Custom

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I know I'm coming over the top a bit and my backswing is too long, I've been trying to work on that after seeing the video yesterday.

Taylormade R1 9*

Callaway X Hot Pro 13.5*

Titleist 910H 18*

Taylormade MC 3-PW

Nike SV 54*

Cleveland CG15 58*

Can't see your video as it's labeled Private.

Thanks didn't realize, should be okay now.

Taylormade R1 9*

Callaway X Hot Pro 13.5*

Titleist 910H 18*

Taylormade MC 3-PW

Nike SV 54*

Cleveland CG15 58*

Like you said, you're really coming over the top. One thing that'll probably help is to feel as if your left arm is going inward on the backswing. That'll get your backswing moving closer to the proper lines

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Hi, even though you joined in September, I will still say welcome to the site :-)

Here's what I see. You don't create enough depth with the arms/hands on the backswing. This makes it hard to swing in to out. Also when the hands go straight back the rate the forearms rotate tends to speed up. So the club loads too shallow and then steepens on the downswing.

Here's why the hands don't go "in" enough, notice the difference in the amount the hips/shoulders have turned in the right pic. More you turn, the easier it will be to take the hands inward. Hands going inward will also slow the rate the forearms load, so the shaft won't get so shallow on the backswing.

Check out this video on how to start turning more earlier.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

First off thanks for the welcome glad to be here. Also, thanks for the help I really appreciate it. I will definitely be working on getting my hands deeper and rotating better on the range this week.

Taylormade R1 9*

Callaway X Hot Pro 13.5*

Titleist 910H 18*

Taylormade MC 3-PW

Nike SV 54*

Cleveland CG15 58*

• 4 months later...

Its been forever since I posted here but I've been working hard on making some changes. I worked with a pro a few hours a week in the spring but I haven't seen him since. I can't seem to get my backswing in correct positions no matter how hard I try. I am so shallow with the shaft halfway back it drives me insane.

This was an 8 iron during yesterdays range session slight draw about 160 yards

Any drills or thoughts to help get that under control? I know there are other issues in the swing but my main focus is getting this corrected right now

Taylormade R1 9*

Callaway X Hot Pro 13.5*

Titleist 910H 18*

Taylormade MC 3-PW

Nike SV 54*

Cleveland CG15 58*

Any drills or thoughts to help get that under control? I know there are other issues in the swing but my main focus is getting this corrected right now

Get the eyes down at address and feel less forearm rotation. Do it at slow speeds until you change the picture and gradually increase the speed.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Get the eyes down at address and feel less forearm rotation. Do it at slow speeds until you change the picture and gradually increase the speed.

Thank you I'll work on this at the range later

Taylormade R1 9*

Callaway X Hot Pro 13.5*

Titleist 910H 18*

Taylormade MC 3-PW

Nike SV 54*

Cleveland CG15 58*

One thing that helped me to get my backswing steeper and more on plane is a picture that i need to keep my right arm above the left arm halfway back [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/103990/] [/URL]

I took some practice swings with this feel seemed to keep everything on a better plane and less rotation of my forearm so early but we'll see how it works with a ball in front of me tomorrow

Taylormade R1 9*

Callaway X Hot Pro 13.5*

Titleist 910H 18*

Taylormade MC 3-PW

Nike SV 54*

Cleveland CG15 58*

Note: This thread is 3516 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!