IGNORED

2014 NCAA Basketball Tournament

dhanson
Note: This thread is 3671 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by saevel25

Sounds like excuses to me. Its the way its always been, I don't mind it. Unless its actually on the campus, it isn't a home court. Most other sports have some sort of home court for the best teams. NCAA actually forces all teams to travel to some degree.

My thoughts as well. Some teams travel a lot less than others but nobody's playing any actual home games. No big deal at all (as proven by the fact that his example team got smoked.)

Plus it helps ticket sales, I think. Keep famous programs as near to the fan base as you can to ensure more people in the seats. It's not like these games are all selling out.

Constantine

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not all NCAA fan base travel well.  How well do you think ND State traveled?  Would they brink in a lot of revenue?  The Big 10 always travels well and brings in big $$.   Any sport is "all" about the money.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Not all NCAA fan base travel well.  How well do you think ND State traveled?  Would they brink in a lot of revenue?  The Big 10 always travels well and brings in big $$.   Any sport is "all" about the money.

That matters why?

You are going to have people travel more than others. Its the nature of the beast. You got so many teams, with not that many sites. They could probably go to the NCAA women's style, I think the final four game is held at the school with the best ranked left in the tournament. So if it is a 5 versus a 4 in the final four, the game is held at the 4 seeds school.

So, I guess Men's has it a bit fairer than Woman's basketball.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

you're right - the NCAA makes all its money off of ticket sales during the tournament.

You're telling me that a small school like Slippery Rock is going to host Michigan in football?   Almost every football team in the NCAA love to play in the big stadium and will come to the larger venue because of the revenue generated.   That being said when teams are selected in a tournament, the selection committee in both basketball and football look at what schools travel well and bring their $$ with them.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

You're telling me that a small school like Slippery Rock is going to host Michigan in football?   Almost every football team in the NCAA love to play in the big stadium and will come to the larger venue because of the revenue generated.   That being said when teams are selected in a tournament, the selection committee in both basketball and football look at what schools travel well and bring their $$ with them.

About 75% of the NCAA revenue comes from television contract with CBS/Turner Broadcasting for the men's basketball tournament . A lot of that revenue is split up to all of the conferences involved in the tournament. I don't know for sure, but I think the venues during the tournament are bid on, and that the stadiums would collect at least some of the revenue from ticket sales.

About 75% of the NCAA revenue comes from television contract with CBS/Turner Broadcasting for the men's basketball tournament. A lot of that revenue is split up to all of the conferences involved in the tournament. I don't know for sure, but I think the venues during the tournament are bid on, and that the stadiums would collect at least some of the revenue from ticket sales.

Also schools get an allotment of tickets to sell as well. So they get a cut I am sure.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Geez, my bracket is a bloody mess.But the games are great. Gotta love college hoops.

Yea, my bracket was destroyed yet again... but it's been a great tourney this year.

I'm still hanging in there by the skin of my teeth!  I successfully picked 10 of the sweet 16 teams, and the only Elite Eight team in my bracket that has lost so far is Kansas.  (And I didn't pick them to go to the final four, so that is still entirely intact.)

I was sweatin' it out yesterday though, because my champion is Iowa State, and they nearly didn't make it!

I'm still hanging in there by the skin of my teeth!  I successfully picked 10 of the sweet 16 teams, and the only Elite Eight team in my bracket that has lost so far is Kansas.  (And I didn't pick them to go to the final four, so that is still entirely intact.)

I was sweatin' it out yesterday though, because my champion is Iowa State, and they nearly didn't make it!

I have ISU winning too. That was very nerve-racking! My bracket is just hanging in there as well. My dad somehow made it through the first round with only 3 games wrong.

In the Bag:
:titleist: 913 D3 - 9.5* - Diamana Stiff 62g
:mizuno: MP 64s 3-PW - DGS300
:cleveland: CG12 52* & 56*
:tmade: Rosa

My Badgers in the Elite 8 baby! :banana:

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

My Badgers in the Elite 8 baby! :banana:

Oh yeah!!!! OUR Badgers by the way...

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

I saw Steve Stricker was at the game too.

In David's bag....

FINAL 4 BABY!!!!!! :dance::banana::dance:

In David's bag....

FINAL 4 BABY!!!!!! :dance::banana::dance:

First time since 2000!! Two of my final four picks are in. If Mich state wins, I will have 3 of four.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Note: This thread is 3671 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!